Xenical

I was lucky enough (I think) to have the support of my g.p who referred me to a NHS hospital.

I saw it as my last resort. I am scared turning it down on Monday, because I know how many diets I have done well on and the ultimately failed and more in the end. But if I am going to believe in Exante, I need to trust that I can do this.

I am not on the actual list as yet. Monday is when I speak to the dietician and he surgeon and then go on a long waiting list. So, of course I considered hedging (sp? lol) my bets and still going on the list just in case. But then I realised I am then telling myself that I cannot do this myself. So much emotions go into weight loss!:(

yes i think i would still go on the list, as it takes so long and see how it goes. If i had the chance i would jump at it, but thats me, and altho we do these diets, i always fall back into bad habbits. the band is for life and i think i need that, if i had the money i don;t think i would hesitate, but that is me.

The problem with the band is that is still takes a lot of will power. The doc said to me some people end up bigger than before as they thing then band will replace their willpower. But it wont. He said it is hard to eat bulky items like meat, or bread when you have a band in place. But things that melt down like chocolate slip right past.

The Gastric Bypass, which is a lot more extreme is what is better for weight loss. My aunt had hers in December and has lost loads. She did have a bad turn and have to have a blood transfusion after though.

So, they way I figure it is I do not want a bypass where I have to take tablets everyday for the rest of my life. I do not want to risk my life with a band and still not have changed my mindset. So, at present I am trying my best to work on my mindset.

Until my mindset changes, no intervention can work. Can you imagine going to sleep being able to eat whatever you want, having a gastric, waking up still wanting to eat whatever you want.....But you can't! That would cause mental stress. The NHS needs to offer NLP or something similar before they 'fix' people. The mind has to change first, but they ignore that.

yes from that point of view seems sense, i suppose it is something we all consider without actually knowing the main details, we just want a quick fix, and if it was that simple and effective the nhs would offer it more widely as obesity coats the nhs millions. so u have some good points sophie, i admire u.

I totally agree Isis, i think it is a last resort but not one to be made lightly as it does still require a huge amount of willpower. I would maybe still go on the list and see what happens.....because if you dont get what you want out o exante at least you know you have willpower (that doesnt make sense does it lol)

altho in saying that, you are my biggest inspiration on here and i know you can and will acheieve your goal xx

yes from that point of view seems sense, i suppose it is something we all consider without actually knowing the main details, we just want a quick fix, and if it was that simple and effective the nhs would offer it more widely as obesity coats the nhs millions. so u have some good points sophie, i admire u.

Thank you very much :) I only think this way die to having been for an appointment before and the tough talking dietician giving it to me straight. He was no nonsense and I respected him for it. My family are keen for me to go for it, as they know how unhappy being fat makes me. My partner is dead set against it. So a bit of a split lol

I totally agree Isis, i think it is a last resort but not one to be made lightly as it does still require a huge amount of willpower. I would maybe still go on the list and see what happens.....because if you dont get what you want out o exante at least you know you have willpower (that doesnt make sense does it lol)

altho in saying that, you are my biggest inspiration on here and i know you can and will acheieve your goal xx

It did make a lot of sense. The willpower tells me I can do anything I want to now. But I will have to test that one day lol....I think my refeed week should be next week. But my plan is to do like other VLCD's and go through to after week 12. I am going to ask the dietician to monitor me.

I will see what the doc says on monday. He may suggest putting me on the list anyway. Takes up to a year I think, so could easily turn it down in the end if Exante gets me there. I shall do a little more thinking this weekend.

Thank you very much for your kind words. Made me feel emotional. I love being on this forum. So to inspire even 1 person is such a bonus! Thank you :)

bless you sophie, it works both ways yr so inspring also, u make this forum worthwhile. x

Aaww!! Thank you very much!!! I have a huge smile today. The energies are great and I feel we can do anything ladies! Today is a fresh shiny day :)

hi Mark, thanks for you reply..I hadnt realised that it was just the 600 calories and water..I d read that on the website but when I got the booklet it was listing different foods you could have so thought I was doing the right thing by being healthy n just having fruit ! Ah well, today is a new day and I am very determine this time, I m gonna stick to it no matter what, the stix say I am in ketosis so dont want anything to change that. i m so glad i found this forum or I seriously would nt have had a clue, reading all your stories makes such a difference, thanks !

It's a pleasure Annie, you are just and inspiration for starting and asking the right questions, so many people start and try to do it on there own and fail. Please do not rely on the Ketostix to much, you will know when you are in Ketosis as you mouth taastes like the bottom of a bird cage all the time, your breath smells and you do not get hungry.

Hang in there Annie and remember we are here for you.

Isis1981 have just been reading about your Band. You really are incredibly inspiring. I was also reading what Calligas had written in the other thread and felt for her so much. I was just making the kids sandwiches for tea and I had a slice of ham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, so not disastrous - but normally that slice of ham would lead to an awful lot more.

The kids are currently eating their tea and I came here to have a read. You wonderful ladies and gents have effectively put a stop to me losing the plot tonight and bingeing. So that'll be what I do in the future. If I feel like weakening, I'll be coming here to read your posts Isis1981 and Calligas, and everyone else of course. :grouphugg:

Isis1981 have just been reading about your Band. You really are incredibly inspiring. I was also reading what Calligas had written in the other thread and felt for her so much. I was just making the kids sandwiches for tea and I had a slice of ham!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, so not disastrous - but normally that slice of ham would lead to an awful lot more.

The kids are currently eating their tea and I came here to have a read. You wonderful ladies and gents have effectively put a stop to me losing the plot tonight and bingeing. So that'll be what I do in the future. If I feel like weakening, I'll be coming here to read your posts Isis1981 and Calligas, and everyone else of course. :grouphugg:

Thank you very much. Big smile firmly placed back on my face :)

Well done for sticking to just the slice of ham....But try to focus away from 'real' food as much as you can lol....Our space packs are 'slim' food lol

You are doing really well. So do not focus on the little blip. Just keep going. At least it was a protein :)

Back