xGeordieGirlxs Food Diary - angry tonight

Thursday 8 July: EE

Can't believe it's only Thursday, feels like it should be Friday! On a half day today. Going to move my induction forward from 5 to half 3 so that I can go and visit my Nanna and Grandad afterwards

Don't know how I feel about my gym induction. Excited cos I know I need to do it, scared to go alone. Oh well, a girls gotta go what a girls gotta do!

Breakfast
2 Eggs, Scrambled
Tinned Tomatoes
3 WW Brown Danish
Margarine (0.5 Syns)

1 Alpen Light Bar (3 Syns)

Snack
2 Funsize Milky Buttons (8 Syns) - oops, I know, but I was starving at work and had nothing else!

Lunch
Noodles
Tinned Tomatoes
Tomatoes, Onion, Pepper, Sweetcorn, Garlic
Soy Sauce

Pineapple Chunks

Dinner
Steak
Jacket Potato with 1 Dairylea Light Cheese Triangle (1.5 Syns)
Oven Baked Tomatoes, Onion, Pepper, Green Beans & Sweetcorn

Pineapple, 1 Peach and Melon

Drinks
2 Cups of Tea with Milk
5 Pints of Water
Bottle of Diet Coke

HEA: Milk
HEB: 3 WW Brown Danish

Syns: 13

Exercise: Gym Induction - 10 minutes on the Treadmill, 23 minutes on the Rowing Machine and 3 Minutes on the Bike

Last edited:
Good luck for the gym. I really don't like the gym at all, I used to go 3 times a week and just couldn't get into it!! Now I don't have the time nor the energy to go to the gym or anything else after work!
Thanks. I haven't been to a gym for years, and the one I went to was in school so that didn't really count! I'm scared haha, hope I can get into it cos I'm signing up for a full year! Only £26 a month though which is quite good. I know I'm gonna be knackered after work but I got some motivation from somewhere and rang them to book an induction. I even surprised myself! So, there we go, tomorrow is the day! Dunno how I'm affording it though - in my overdraft by 300 quid til pay day :( (but I've included one night out, the races and a new dress in that amount!). Hopefully I'll win the lottery tonight, or someone will give me money for my bday! Fingers crossed! x

Well, I had my gym induction! It went quite well....now I don't know what to do. It went well, but, the facilities aren't fantastic, they don't have changing rooms, the showers are awful and they don't have a great deal of machines. But I would say it's still good...do I defo join, or do I go for an induction at my work gym tomorrow, which is supposed to be great, and a lot cheaper (only 15 quid a month compared to 26 at my local one)...only thing is, it'll probably be full of work colleagues and do I really want to see them when I'm all sweaty and horrible? Decisions decisions. Someone help me! I've said I'd go back tomorrow for the 2nd part of my induction, and I haven't paid anything yet, so need to make a decision FAST!

Well, I had my gym induction! It went quite well....now I don't know what to do. It went well, but, the facilities aren't fantastic, they don't have changing rooms, the showers are awful and they don't have a great deal of machines. But I would say it's still good...do I defo join, or do I go for an induction at my work gym tomorrow, which is supposed to be great, and a lot cheaper (only 15 quid a month compared to 26 at my local one)...only thing is, it'll probably be full of work colleagues and do I really want to see them when I'm all sweaty and horrible? Decisions decisions. Someone help me! I've said I'd go back tomorrow for the 2nd part of my induction, and I haven't paid anything yet, so need to make a decision FAST!

Which Gym have you been to? I live in Newcastle too and i joined Harpers in Ponteland just after xmas but havent been for ages. Im still paying the £26 a month though... :S

I went to Seena (used to be Healthlands) womens only gym. The lady seemed really nice and I did enjoy the induction. If I want to join, I have to do it online so really should do it today if I defo want to join. But I work at Newcastle College, and they have a gym in the Lifestyle Academy called The Zone, and it's either £13 or £17 a month or something. I haven't seen the gym, but may take a wander down campus tomorrow and have a look.

OMG! I have been thinking about joining Seena as i work right behind it! I could then go every night after work!

Was it very good? The website looks quite impressive, and whenever i get a break at night the classes sound good but really intense!!

Really?! Ahh you should join! The reason I'm thinking of joining Seena and not my work one, is because Seena's hours are better, classes are included and it's easier for me at the weekend with it being only 5 minutes round the corner really (I live in Denton Burn, round the corner from where Moat shot the policeman lol).

It was good to be honest. Only two things are putting me off me off, one was that the lady said "I'll be back in 5 minutes, just carry on" and then left me for 23 minutes on the rowing machine. I was DYING. My arms and legs and defo gonna hurt in the morning. Two is that there are no changing rooms, just a communal area (whereas my work one has changing rooms). I might just join it though, cos it means I'll defo go (and not run into work colleagues).

If you join you should come say hi :)

I would just join the one at work to be honest! You can show off how good you are on that cross trainer ;), no one will care, the main thing is that your doing something about it! xx
Only thing with the work one, is that it doesn't open til 9 and I'll have already started work, and then if people know I'm staying late for the gym, they'll take the mick and make me work late (they're like that). And the weekend hours aren't good...close at 2pm on a Sat and closed on a Sun totally. I'm swaying to the local one, but will have to make a decision in t'morning.

Am just proud I went :) I really did enjoy it, and it was quite quiet too so didn't make a total fool of myself!xx

I'm thinking I may try and get a lunch time induction at the work gym, and if it's better, call Seena and just tell them I can't make it, and join the work gym...hmm...

Last edited:
Friday 9 July - EE

Friday at last :D roll on 4pm home time and the weekend :D

Aching a bit today, my back and arms hurt...probably from the rowing machine. Ouchie!! Good hurt though!

Breakfast
28g of Bran Flakes with Milk
Activia FF Yogurt
Kellogg's Fibre Plus Cereal Bar (5.5 Syns)

Lunch
Pasta
Tomatoes, Onion, Pepper, Spring Onion & Sweetcorn
1 tbsp of Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce (1.5 Syns)

2 Chocolate Digestives (8 Syns)

Dinner
Asda Hot & Spicy Chicken Breast Fillet (cannot believe the new mag says this is syn free, excited to eat it!!)
Sweet Potato Wedges
Oven Baked Tomato, Onion, Pepper, Spring Onion, Sweetcorn & Green Beans

Drinks
Tea with Milk
Water
Diet Lemonade

HEA: Milk
HEB: 28g of Bran Flakes

Syns: 15

Exercise: 12 Minutes on the Cross Trainer (100 cals), 23 Minutes on the Treadmill (110 cals) and 100 Sit Ups

Last edited:
Well, tomorrow is WI, and after a badddd week I cannot wait to get back onto plan 100%! I've been so naughty this week, I just haven't cared about what I'm eating or drinking or anything. I've probably had like 300 syns nevermind 105 syns :p but tomorrow is the beginning of a new week..100% in all food and going to exercise tomorrow, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday! Dedication to my new gym membership or what :)

Last edited:
Saturday 10 July - EE

Off plan today. Out with the girls. Wine to be consumed. Food to be eaten. Will make up for it during the week!

Last edited:
Well guys, I WI this morning....I lost 1lb!! After a really naughty week I am INSANELY surprised!!! I thought I'd be a STS or a gain...but a loss...I am sooo happy!! So I'm not 9st 10.5 :) wooo! This is the lightest I've been since I left school at 18, 4 years ago!

I ache in places I've never ached before today. I physically cannot go to the gym today, it hurts to walk!! So, I'm not exercising today (apart from walking around the shops haha)...tomorrow I'll do a run on the Wii/an exercise DVD/cross trainer (don't know which yet)...I'll have a day off on Monday because I have a driving lesson for 2 hours after work therefore can't go to the gym, and then go to the gym tues, wed, thurs and fri for about an hour after work. PLAN. Then I'll have sat off, exercise from home on Sun, driving on Mon then start all over again.

I'm feeling good :)

Last edited:
:D well done hun, that's great especially after the week you had. Just shows that you can take a blip as long as you get back on track like you did. Well done on starting at the gym, and good luck for the start of a new week!

I so happy things are finally looking up (or down! :D) for you now!
Fantastic news on the loss and the gym, your doing amazing!

Wow, so chuffed for you! You are doing so well :)

Well done on your loss this week sweetie, you obviously pulled it back :)
I did 90 mins in the gym this morning and god it was hard work, the weather exhausts you before you even start!!
Its a great feeling though and really starting to feel a difference in general tummy tone thanks to the power plates ;)
Have a great weekend hun
xx

I did 90 mins in the gym this morning and god it was hard work
90 minutes?! WELL DONE YOU. I would be dyingg if I did 90 minutes lol. I couldn't even walk properly today so gave the gym a miss and going back on Tuesday after work.

Thanks everyone for the well dones. I am still so shocked, after my big binge I honestly thought that I would have put on about 3lbs. I've been really lucky! Heres to a 100% week so make sure I keep it off!!

Back