xj-esx diary to loosing and maintaing

Wahooo - amazing!! Well done ! Not far til goal at all :D

Sorry you may have told me this already- but how long has it taken you to get down from your starting point to date?

Thank you! :D It took me from June 2010- Dec 2010 and then a few months after to get from 11 st 8 lb to 8 and a half stone with exercise nearly everyday. I regained weight which got me back up to 9 and a half stone. Its only been the past week that I have properly calorie counted so I'm not 100% sure whether the loss would have all been from this week or whether it was a few weeks before as well as I had been to the gym a fair amount a few weeks before this week and hadn't weighed myself since. Sorry its not very clear!

Thank you. Its hard for me to remember when I started because there wasn't a particular date persay I just gradually started becoming more conscious of what I was eating... I think from May this year is probably when I became more serious about it. I think then that Christmas is hopefully a sensible goal date for me to get to where I want to be.

Which scales do you have ? I think I might get some more fancy ones once my housemate (used to have an ED) moves out, at the moment quite a lot of my "diet" ( I use the term loosely ha!) is a bit covert because I don't want her to feel competitive or anything.

xj-esx said:
Thanks Charlie :) Now I just need to try and loose this last bit of weight and actually keep it off! Think I'll definitely be remaining on minimins even after I've reached my target as I think thats where I went wrong previously.

You can motivate us all :) x

BerryBerry said:
Thank you. Its hard for me to remember when I started because there wasn't a particular date persay I just gradually started becoming more conscious of what I was eating... I think from May this year is probably when I became more serious about it. I think then that Christmas is hopefully a sensible goal date for me to get to where I want to be.

Which scales do you have ? I think I might get some more fancy ones once my housemate (used to have an ED) moves out, at the moment quite a lot of my "diet" ( I use the term loosely ha!) is a bit covert because I don't want her to feel competitive or anything.

Christmas is a great goal :) especially with all the party's and photo that are taken around that time it would be amazing to be at a place you'd be really happy with :)

I got some Salter scales from Argos as they were on offer and only £11. There silver salter body analyser scales I think. Ah yeah, that's a good idea. :)

Sent from my iPhone

Couldn't post my diary yesterday as I was super busy, my friend came round to stay as its her birthday today. I picked quite a bit yesterday in terms of snacking oops.

**Yesterdays Diary**

Breakfast; 1 homemade pancake and 1 peach - 203 calories

Dinner; Philly leek and chicken risotto - 746 calories

Snacking; a bite of a krispy kreme donut - 45 calories / Packet of walkers baked stars - 100 calories

Overall calorie intake ; 1094

I had a really big dinner yesterday as everyone wanted to try the philly, chicken and leek risotto I have been cooking, so I had it again yesterday but because I didn't have time for a lunch I had a higher calorie dinner than what I would usually want. I forgot I am only supposed to have half a chicken breast for myself but without realising I put a whole chicken breast in my risotto for my portion, silly me! In the end I took out loads of chicken as there was too much but I have left the calories the same for a whole chicken breast to be on the safe side.

Today I am going to a Thai restaurant for my friends birthday. I know I will be going well over my calorie allowance today but I'm not going to worry too much as I can be healthier during the week and the week after to make up for it :)

That's def the right way to look at it, it all balances out on the week :) and you're doing really well!

Eaten so much today! 2200+ calories worth I think. I can't find out how much a takeaway / restaurant thai green curry is so I went for the highest calorie one I could find on MFP which was 525, I'm not even sure on how bad it would be, probably more like double that! I also couldn't find out how much coconut rice would be about so put that as 470 but again I'm sure it's way more. I feel a little bad for how many calories I've had today but I'll try and average it out during this week or next if I do end up gaining because of today.

Sent from my iPhone

xj-esx said:
Eaten so much today! 2200+ calories worth I think. I can't find out how much a takeaway / restaurant thai green curry is so I went for the highest calorie one I could find on MFP which was 525, I'm not even sure on how bad it would be, probably more like double that! I also couldn't find out how much coconut rice would be about so put that as 470 but again I'm sure it's way more. I feel a little bad for how many calories I've had today but I'll try and average it out during this week or next if I do end up gaining because of today.

Sent from my iPhone

I've eaten loads today too :( we can both get back on it tomorrow :)

Sazbirl said:
I've eaten loads today too :( we can both get back on it tomorrow :)

Hehe :) Today I am having soup for lunch to lower my calories overall for the day and then I am trying out a new recipe tonight. Philly and spinach lasagne but I'm combining it with the Hairy Bikers low calorie lasagne though using leek instead of lasagne sheets. Overall its around 281 calories which is pretty good for a lasagne. Will share recipe later on tonight if it turns out nice :) x

Sent from my iPhone

Hehe :) Today I am having soup for lunch to lower my calories overall for the day and then I am trying out a new recipe tonight. Philly and spinach lasagne but I'm combining it with the Hairy Bikers low calorie lasagne though using leek instead of lasagne sheets. Overall its around 281 calories which is pretty good for a lasagne. Will share recipe later on tonight if it turns out nice :) x

Sent from my iPhone

Oh yum that lasagne sounds fab - as does your thai meal- coconut rice and green curry is one of my all time fave meals :)

BerryBerry said:
Oh yum that lasagne sounds fab - as does your thai meal- coconut rice and green curry is one of my all time fave meals :)

Me too! But I have to say, the philly Thai green curry is so much nicer (in my opinion) and the restaurant we went to was rated the best Thai in the town where it was based but I'd choose to cook the Philly one. I totally reccomend it!

Sent from my iPhone

You are doing so well at staying below 1200! Shame the lasagne was a bit disappointing. Hope you have a good Friday :)

Oh no, really? I am such a comfort food, carb junkie I was looking forward to trying it :-(

You are doing so well at staying below 1200! Shame the lasagne was a bit disappointing. Hope you have a good Friday :)

I am finding it surprisingly easy to stay below 1200, however I have found that I am having large dinners and not spreading my calories out during the day, but hopefully that'll do no harm. Hope you had a good Friday too :)

Oh no, really? I am such a comfort food, carb junkie I was looking forward to trying it :-(

I know me too :( I think that combining the two recipes is what made it not that great. I think the philly and spinach lasagne would have been nice if I actually used lasagne sheets. And I reckon the hairy bikers lasagne with leek sheets would be really great, just not all combined like I did. oops.

Back