Yellow Weight Care Book...

Lou_Lou

Isn't this book given as part of an intro package? If not I want to buy one, I am changing from LL to CD in April. Has anyone received this from their Counsellor? Angela x

You should receive a copy of this from your counsellor at your first meeting. Some counsellors do charge for it, but others give them out for free.

It basically explains maintenance and stabilisation - the steps that help you come off the packs and onto 'normal' food :D Totally essential for when you are coming off the packs, and got some great menus, etc in it :)

My CDC didnt offer me one, I only recived the pink one which is the one you get at the start.

It deffo is a must have :)

The counsellor must offer this yellow book to all clients and may make a nominal charge for it. Personally I don't charge for it as it is such a core part of the diet, it explains all the plans including recipes for 790,1000,1200 and the 1500 plan.

Please get one from your counsellor as £3.25 is very expensive off of Ebay when a lot of counsellor give them out for nothing

M.

But if a CDC doesn't have one, what are you ment to do?

Suffer without one?

It doesn't matter, she doesn't have anything!

Ive waited ages for a pot of mix a mosse!

Lou-lou, if you are not getting the service you should be it is well worth trying to find another CDC. S/he should be able to order anything in that you need/want with enough notice (a few days should be sufficient) as this is part of the code of conduct.

I asked for Mix-A-Mosse about 3 weeks ago :(

Have just ordered some from ebay in desperation!

Booklets and MAM can be ordered in 1's with any order placed by a CDC.

The Sole Source and Weightcare with Cambridge Booklets should be given at the initial meeting (as said before some CDC's make a nominal charge, I give them as they are an integral part of the programme).

The price paid on Ebay is a complete rip off.

Lou-lou ask your counsellor why she can't get the mousse.

Linda

I agree with Linda i would ask why you are waiting so long for stock. Sometimes on occasions i have run out of things when everyone seems to want water flavouring the same week or mix a mousse but i put an order straight in and have it in 2 days max during week.
As for Yellow books i always give them out free on the first week so would definately ask your counsellor to get you one instead of ordering off ebay.

julesrush

I got my Weightcare book on Monday when I signed up. My councellor said if there is anything I want she will get it and she only charges the recommended price for my shakes, sound like I've found a good one!

I got my yellow book week 3 from my cdc no charge. My cdc is very reasonable with supplying goods as well, I tend to email her about 3 days before her visit and always get everything I order, shes told me that it only take 2 days to get good when she orders them, sometimes she gets them next day. She charges just under £34.00 and does home visits as well.

I know CDC can charge what they want however some just seem to be a bit greedy and lazy judging by previous posts on this forum. The only way to deal with it is go to another.

Have to agree Lou-Lou, I don't think you're getting a good deal off your counsellor at all. I too give out the books free as they are so important to the diet, and as we can get stock easily within one or two days, i don't see how you've had to wait so long for your MaM. As part of our agreed code of conduct we have to be to offer all the stock to our clients and order it for them if we don't have any ourselves, the whole point of being a CDC as far as I'm concerned is to be able to support and help our clients in everyway we can. If I were you I'd ring Cambridge and find the details of other counsellors living locally, you deserve a much better service than you're presently getting.

I too give out the books for free, as they're so integral to the diet, so I wouldn't want anyone to go without because they didn't want to pay for them!

As has been said, your CDC has to offer them even if she/he charges. You're being ripped off on ebay as they cost around 70p!

Jo x

Back