Yo-yo weight loss??

izzay

I have been doing SW for 5 weigh ins now and my weight loss is great one week and not so great the next.
week 1 -5 lbs
week 2 -1.5lbs
week 3 -5.5lbs
week 4 -1.5lbs
week 5 -4.5lbs

The weeks I swim I get better weight losses despite being more naughty on the plan. If I swim I do it 3/4 times a week for at least 30 mins a time.
but could that little bit of exersize really make that much difference to my weight loss?
This last week I have been very naughty (Im gonna call it cake week lol) but I still swan 3 times...and I lost loads.....whereas the week before there was no cake...but I only swam once.

Is there probably something else Im missing or could swimming be all there is to my good weeks?
I'm 2.5lbs away from club 10 and 3.5lbs from 1.5 stone so I really dont want to have my 'bad' week which Im due :(

Unfortunately, there is no rhyme or reason as to why our bodies behave the way they do...........if you look at my signature you'll see Im all over the place & I stay on plan! As long as you follow the plan & are truthful to yourself, you will lose the weight, it just takes time & commitment

Maybe the weeks where you have a lower loss are just your body catching up - afterall if you're loosing 6 or 7lbs a fortnight you're doing really well and that averages around 3lbs a week!!!

I have been doing SW for 5 weigh ins now and my weight loss is great one week and not so great the next.
week 1 -5 lbs
week 2 -1.5lbs
week 3 -5.5lbs
week 4 -1.5lbs
week 5 -4.5lbs

The weeks I swim I get better weight losses despite being more naughty on the plan. If I swim I do it 3/4 times a week for at least 30 mins a time.
but could that little bit of exersize really make that much difference to my weight loss?
This last week I have been very naughty (Im gonna call it cake week lol) but I still swan 3 times...and I lost loads.....whereas the week before there was no cake...but I only swam once.

Is there probably something else Im missing or could swimming be all there is to my good weeks?
I'm 2.5lbs away from club 10 and 3.5lbs from 1.5 stone so I really dont want to have my 'bad' week which Im due :(

1.5lbs a week is still a very good loss - don't ever think of that as a 'bad' week. I think your losses sound fab!

When I started I had two great weeks followed by two where I didn't lose much, although I was always on plan. My consultant told me to always look at my losses over 4 weeks rather than week to week as it's intended to be a long term plan, not a quick fix. I still had a grump with myself about it but she was right!

week 1 -5 lbs
week 2 -1.5lbs
week 3 -5.5lbs
week 4 -1.5lbs
week 5 -4.5lbs(

The thing is, those losses are not "great" and "not-so-great" - they are "average, normal" and "absolutely-bloody-fantastic". The expected weight loss is between 1 and 2lbs a week, so you're achieveing that every week and then three out of 5 times youre far, far exceeding it. You cant compare the two. You are way above average already.

Like the others said, focus on what you are losing over the course of a month. You've got an average of 3.6lbs a week there, which most people would kill for! That makes over 13 stone in a year. You really hgave nothing - NOTHING - to worry about :confused:

week 1 -5 lbs
week 2 -1.5lbs
week 3 -5.5lbs
week 4 -1.5lbs
week 5 -4.5lbs

Your losses are very good, and every loss is to be celebrated.

Oh my - I wish I could have a loss like this! I've been on this journey for 6 months now and have never had losses anything near this. In fact, I average less than a pound a week!

All losses whether they are great or small should be celebrated.

ShrinkingLilly said:
Oh my - I wish I could have a loss like this! I've been on this journey for 6 months now and have never had losses anything near this. In fact, I average less than a pound a week!

All losses whether they are great or small should be celebrated.

I even do a lil dance on the scales if i've even only lost half a pound! Haha, any loss means i'm getting closer to where I want to be for good =)

To the OP your weight loss is fantastic! No need to worry, you're doing really well. Keep it up =)

Back