Yo-Yo's Diary

I can't wait to see a photo of you in your wedding gear 6stlost! That last month will fly by, and the day will go even quicker, so enjoy the build up!

I've got some of that bouillon stuff, but once I discovered that it didn't go towards my water count, that lost its appeal so I haven't even opened it. I'll give it a try and see if it helps any, it's just in my calves and it's only fleeting and not painful at all, I'm more aware of it than anything else

By the way, do you need to update your ticker?

Well done on the first day! I'm only on day 13 and the first day i had a lumpy shake yuk! got myself a hand blender and a fab ice crusher and now the shakes are really tasty and icy cold! It does get easier and some days are harder than other but I'm very excited about getting weighed tommorow knowing i have followed it for 2 weeks so i have too lose! good luck x

By the way, do you need to update your ticker?

No, JD I just update my ticker on Tuesdays, which is my official weigh in! I just weigh myself for the inspiration of seeing half a pound drop off practically every day!! :wow:

Today is day 20 - another milestone, in that I'm into the 20+ days now. 20% of the way there now.

It's amazing how you notice something different every day isn't it? I had to wear a belt with the size 16 New Look jeans I was wearing yesterday. I know I got into a pair of Bon Marche size 14 jeans, but the New Look ones are a smaller fit despite their bigger size. I kept two pairs of size 14 jeans from my slim days, one from Dorothy Perkins, and the other from a local shop, and I know I grew out of them at 11st 7lbs, so it's only gonna be another month or so before I can fit into them!!!

Another 0.4lbs off this morning taking me to 12st 7lbs exactly. Hopefully will be under 12st by the end of July.

I love not feeling hungry anymore and not being controlled by my stomach, or the compulsion to eat all the time.

I'm excited that one day I am going to be slim, and be able to eat normally again!!

Down another pound bracket again! Down 0.6lbs to 12st 6.4lbs.

My brother, who I haven't seen for a while, looked me up and down yesterday, looked puzzled and said "have you lost some weight?" (YAY!!!).

I put some jeans on yesterday that I hadn't worn in ages since the knee developed a hole, and they used to be my favourite jeans, and they were a lovely fit, so I'll have to buy a denim patch or something. I thought they were a size 14 as it's that long since I wore them, so I was dancing around the house: "oh yeah, size 14, I'm slim, oh yeah" however I took them off last night to go to bed, and the size 16 label caught my eye. DOH!!!

Official weigh in tonight!

Weigh in last night, and as expected 5lbs off! (yay!!!) Official weight now 12st 7lbs so I am very happy. Unofficial weight this morning is 12st 5.6lbs, that elusive 'under 12st' mark is now not far away however I do expect my weight loss to start slowing down now. Although my ticker shows my BMI at being under 30, she's written it in my book as 30.4, so still obese, hopefully next week I'll just be overweight.

We actually did some psychology last night, which I really enjoyed. Our group appears to have shrunk (in more ways than one LOL) with two more dropping out (including one lady who had lost 10lbs in her first weigh-in, and another who just didn't turn up and didn't give word why not), so last night there was just 7 of us, which was a nice size. It also meant she was a bit more organised and was finished weighing etc by 7:50pm!

1st week weigh-in
B = 8lbs.

2nd week weigh-in
M = 3 pounds (13lbs in total)
S = 3 pounds (13lbs in total)

3rd week weigh-ins
Me = 5lbs (16lbs in total)
J = 2lbs (21lbs in total)
A = 3lbs (9lbs in total) lady who was v upset last week.
D = 0lbs (10lbs in total) lady who cheated the previous week, also cheated this week! I just can't see it will be long before she drops out.

So me, the class swot this week LOL!!!

I got told off for not drinking enough water as my wee stick went dark pink. I do drink enough, I just have three litres between 5:15 and 3:15pm, then I have the last litre usually between 7:30pm and 9:30pm so she said I have to make the effort to have something to drink between 3:15pm, and 7:30pm.

We also got showed our 'before' photos, and I was horrified at mine. I look chunky/solid up top, but my legs/hips/thighs/stomach are so big that from the bust downwards I look square, there is just no shape at all! I know my shape has definitely changed, and she said that comparing me with the photo and what I look like now. Bleurk - horrific!!! Measurements next week.

Today is day 23, and someone who doesn't know I am on the diet actually asked me if I was losing weight! It was a man whom I work with, and I hadn't thought he would have been so perceptive! I was thrilled to bits. *thanks Mick*

I've just been laying out my clothes for tomorrow, and decided to try some trousers on that had been too tight previously, one brown pin-striped (size 16), one black pin-striped (size 14 - both Dorothy Perkins) and they both fit perfectly!! So I am thrilled to bits that my wardrobe is the only thing expanding rather than my bum. I ran downstairs and said to my husband "looooooook - size 14!!!" and he said "I know, you can really tell"

I had an attempt at making poppadoms just now but it was a disaster! I think I put too much water in, so it just ended up a soggy mess (bleurk). I'll stick to tried and tested shakes and soups in future I think!

Talking of shakes, I had my first raspberry one yesterday, I'd not felt like having them before, but I've really been missing out cos it was lovely.

I've just got a feeling that my weight loss will slow down this week as 16lbs in three weeks is great! but you know what? I don't care!! I know I am sticking to it 100% so I have nothing to feel guilty about or angry at myself for cheating...God, I love this diet!! I'm feeling sooo...."adult ego state"

Aha, I see you've been doing your homework, you 'adult'! :D
Gosh, you're below a bmi of 30 already! Does that mean you're only in the 'overweight' now?
Size 14 is fantastic. To me size 14 marks the herald of being really quite normal. Can shop pretty much anywhere and wear pretty much anything.
WD you. I'm so glad you decided to give LL a go.
I'm going back to try on my newly altered trousers tomorrow. I can't wait. I really really can't wait to see what they look like on skinny me.
When I first started foundation, I did the exercise where you're meant to draw yourself as you would like to be. Instead of drawing I pasted a photo of myself in these trousers. But I knew I wanted to be even slimmer than in that photo so I purposely got the scissors and trimmed off a bit of thigh and a bit of leg. Well that's exactly what's come true. The trousers have literally been cut with a pair of scissors to make them smaller.
Now that's an advertisement for visualisation being effective :D

6st lost - on my ticker my BMI appears to be under 30, but when she has worked it out in my book, it's 30.4. I'm keen that everything stays official for the time being, so I am still obese (well hopefully til Tuesday LOL)

If I was honest with myself I was a size 16/18 at 13st 9lbs, I would just refuse to buy anything in a size 18, if it didn't fit me in a 16, and I would blame the shop's sizing, so I only used to wear size 16s. Now I would say I am a size 14/16 after losing 16lbs but I know what you mean, a size 14 seems "normal"

I have a copy of Paint Shop Pro on my computer at work, so maybe I will scan in my before photo and do a bit of slimming on it!

Not long to go now til your big day is it? Do you promise me you will come back and show me a photo?

Today is day 25, so I'm a quarter of the way there!!! I never thought I would last this long.

Weight is definitely not coming off as quick this week. This is the 4th day in a row I have been in the 12st 5's. In fact, I have only lost 0.6lbs in those four days despite guzzling more water than usual too. Oh well, I'll just keep plodding on because I know this diet does what it says on the tin.

I've got a pair of jeans on today (yes, I have lots of jeans) and they are a size 16 from Next, and I was able to wear them at my very largest but today I have to accept they are too loose on me, and will have to go on the charity shop pile. I feel a bit tearful (sad aren't I?) because these jeans have been with me through fat and fatter, and I've worn them casual, worn them dressed up, and felt thin when I have worn them as they have always had a bit of give in them so never felt tight, but even a belt isn't stopping me from having to hoik them up every two minutes. I should be dancing around the room really shouldn't I?

(sorry, just trying to upload my before picture but it aint happening!)

Hi Yo-Yo

You are doing really well, you sound like me, I'm always thinking in percentages and stuff! And I was laughing at your comments about your other group members, mine seem a lot like yours.

What really annoys me is that I want to do the counselling and get every scrap possible from it while they talk over the dvd, jangle their car keys and ask that we go early - which the LLC agrees too!! They are all so loud I daren't speak up and say I want to stay.

Anyway, according to my LLC you have to be under 29 to have a BMI of overweight. I thought I was there last week when I got to 29.2 but I had to wait til this week to reach the official target.

Not that I really cared as I'm so into it I'm just focussed on my goal, and I'm into 14s too. It does seem normal, I nearly cried when I got them on.

Not long to size 12 for us!!!

Claire

Just read your bit about the 12 stone 5 days. As an avid weigher myself that happpened to me at 11 6. Before that it had been half a pound a day, but it just stuck for 5 days.

It must have been water retention because I then lost a pound a day for a few days and over the 2 weeks it maintained the half a pound a day average.

When I heard about LL I used to dream of that sort of weight loss, I would imagine over and over what it felt like. Now those dreams are true I KNOW what it feels like! Yippee for LL.

(sorry, just trying to upload my before picture but it aint happening!)

Right, I GIVE up!! I'll just post the address of the photo instead! Harrumph, technology! <groan, mumble, whinge).

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/sparkly_glittery_eyeliner/2006_0114Image0002.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/sparkly_glittery_eyeliner/2006_0114Image0003.jpg

Those jeans I had on were the size 16 Bon Marche, which admittedly would probably have been a size 18 elsewhere, but note - I didn't have to wear a belt with them! I don't think I look that big from the front it's just when I turn around and you saw my fat arse and three bellies LOL

Finally (!) dropped another pound bracket and was 12st 4.2lbs this morning. (7.6lbs in 15 days!!). This diet is berloody brilliant innit!!!

Decided to go to local charity shop to see if they had any nice jeans in my size (whatever that may be!). I wasn't in luck but I did get three new pairs of work trousers.

1. Grey-checked, belt loops, back pocket detail, Next size 16. £4.25.

2. Charcoal grey, Dorothy Perkins, size 14!! £3.25

3. Black pin-striped, thin belt, Next, Size 16 £4.50 but they still had the original tags showing £17.50 reduced from £34.99! So they had never been worn! What a bargain.

And I also got a pair of bejewelled sandals for a fiver! But they were from the market, not the charity shop.

I love buying new clothes, and it's ages since I got any because there was a limited supply of shops where I could get stuff in a size 16 (yes Next, this means you!)

Got some more pics: These were taken on Friday
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/sparkly_glittery_eyeliner/DSCF0122.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa102/sparkly_glittery_eyeliner/DSCF0121.jpg

I also was interested to see if I had lost any inches (although these are not my official LL measurements, these are my own, unofficial ones, taken in the nuddy-pants four weeks on)

Bust - 1" lost.
Waist - 2.5" lost
Hips - 2.5" lost
Tummy - 3.5" lost
Thigh - 0.75" lost
Calf - 1.25" lost
Above Knee - 1.25" lost
Arm - nothing lost (Boo!)

DH had a Goodfella's Pepperoni Pizza for his tea last night and it smelt soooooooo good!!! We went to a fete at my son's nursery yesterday afternoon, and there was a cake stall, and a chocolate fountain and I felt sooooo jealous! I kept having to chant "I know what buns taste like, I don't know what being slim feels like"

Hi Yo-Yo

You are doing really well, you sound like me, I'm always thinking in percentages and stuff! And I was laughing at your comments about your other group members, mine seem a lot like yours.

What really annoys me is that I want to do the counselling and get every scrap possible from it while they talk over the dvd, jangle their car keys and ask that we go early - which the LLC agrees too!! They are all so loud I daren't speak up and say I want to stay.

Anyway, according to my LLC you have to be under 29 to have a BMI of overweight. I thought I was there last week when I got to 29.2 but I had to wait til this week to reach the official target.

Not that I really cared as I'm so into it I'm just focussed on my goal, and I'm into 14s too. It does seem normal, I nearly cried when I got them on.

Not long to size 12 for us!!!

Claire

Oops, I am probably wrong then, I have a little bit more to go before I can merely be overweight! Well done to you though!

The people in my group now, are obviously the people who are genuinely motivated to lose weight (well, maybe except for one) so I can see that our counselling sessions will be more focused now. I am quite looking forward to Tuesday night, I might even wear my size 14 Dorothy Perkins trousers!

Just read your bit about the 12 stone 5 days. As an avid weigher myself that happpened to me at 11 6. Before that it had been half a pound a day, but it just stuck for 5 days.

It must have been water retention because I then lost a pound a day for a few days and over the 2 weeks it maintained the half a pound a day average.

When I heard about LL I used to dream of that sort of weight loss, I would imagine over and over what it felt like. Now those dreams are true I KNOW what it feels like! Yippee for LL.

Well, I lost 0.8lbs today according to my scales this morning!! I know it does shift, as I say, I certainly wouldn't have lost this much on WW or SW.

I think that was my problem with those other diets, the thought that four stone would take so long to shift! It would have taken 28 weeks if I lost 2lbs per week, but I know for a fact I wouldn't lose 2lbs every week, I would have some weeks where I would gain, or stay the same, in reality I reckoned it would take a year, and I just dont have the willpower. This is easy as I don't have to make decisions about food, while learning coping strategies when food does come back into the equation!

Another thing I like about LL is weigh-in day. I don't have to starve myself on weigh-in day, previously I would have barely nothing to eat or drink because I was scared that it would show on the scales and whatever the scales said would dictate how I felt about myself, and I had some serious periods of self-loathing. Now, (not that I have had a day yet where the scales have shown a gain), I know that it's NOT weight gain, it's fluid and it will all even itself out.

I know on WW and SW I wouldn't have been able to hop on and off the scales every day and see a difference, so being able to do this with LL makes a huge difference to my motivation.

Wayhay! Another 0.6lbs off, down to 12st 3.6lbs now (woohoo). I reckon another 7-10 days and I'll be waking up at under 12st for the first time in years, which beats my target of it happening by the end of July. I'm actually looking forward to getting up in the morning and weighing myself, sadact that I am LOL. I've been drinking a little bit more water than normal too, just an extra litre, but maybe that has made a difference.

Down to 12st 3lbs exactly today (woohoo). It's ace to know that in a week or so I will be under 12st *unofficially*

Yesterday I got my wedding ring off for the first time in ages! I was 10st 7lbs on the day of my wedding almost seven years ago. I've been able to slide it up to the knuckle but then it would get stuck so on my finger it has stayed (good job I haven't wanted a divorce isn't it). Anyway I was twiddling it yesterday (a habit I have got when I am on the phone) and off it came!! I did it again just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

I had a bit of a wibble (my first one) where I was angry and upset that I couldn't have anything to eat but everyone else could.

I went to see the Practice Nurse yesterday for my blood pressure checking so she signed the forms. She seemed quite uninterested in what I was doing, I have to say! I think next time I will go to Lloyds Pharmacy and have it tested there.

Back