Yo-Yo's Diary

Day 7 (Tues)

My first official weigh-in last night, and down another 2lbs taking it to 8lbs in my first week! I am highly delighted, obviously!!!

When I peed on my stick, it went bright purple when it should have been light purple despite me having drank FIVE litres yesterday (10 bottles at work). However I had my last drink by 3pm, and didn't have another one before the session, so do you think that might have made a difference, not having had any water for four hours? I was not happy about that as she made me feel like I was cheating!

There were some good losses all round this week: 13lbs - 9lbs - 5lbs - 9lbs and the rest I couldn't remember. The lady who lost the 9lbs was a larger lady and she didn't start the diet properly until Saturday, so she'd lost that in 4 days!!! We're all very motivated due to the good losses.

I hit 13st in November 2005 and since then I have hovvered between 13st and 14st on my own scales, so effectively as my weight will be constantly reducing, I will be lighter than I have been in 19 months when I should lose a pound to make it 13st within the next day or so.

Last night we did get given the pedometers, pencil and thick green book although I haven't even had a chance to read that so I shall look tonight.

There's a really irritating woman who just talks about herself all the time, and even though we only had 20 minutes of 'talk' with the consultant last night, she managed to make it about 17 minutes of this bloody woman!

This woman also annoyed me by being so negative about: she didn't like shakes, she didn't like the bars, she didn't like the soups!! I said to her "Well maybe you should jump ship now then?!" ARRGGGHHHH. I think our counsellor felt the same way about her, as she said "If you think it's going to be hard then it will be!"

ALso counsellor annoyed me by somehow making out it was OUR fault that she was running so late after the weigh-in! She said next week we must decide what we want before hand and staple it to our bags?! But she said it in a way as though she had asked us to do it already and we'd ignored her!!!

Oh - and one of the women, who must have been listening to me last week - said "Have you realised you are not sat with your handbag over your stomach?" I said "Eh?" and she said "Well last week you said you were so self conscious about your stomach that if you weren't sat behind a desk, or with your coat fastened up, you automatically put your bag to cover up your stomach!" - and she was right!!! My handbag was firmly on the floor - my stomach really has got smaller!

Well done. You lost more than me in your first week! I lost 6lbs.

You must be absolutely chuffed and I'm glad you got your book as I know the psychology bit seemed important to you.

I just looked at your ticker and realised you've lost 12lb in 2 weeks. That's almost a stone, in half a month! Fantastic!

Well, you and one of the ladies in my group, are continuing to be an inspiration to me and I've decided to go on packs (I'll only need to for about 4 or 5 days), to correct my recent past misdemeanors. I've lasted a day already and lost 3lbs in that one day. I figure if you can do it, so can I, and it's not like I haven't done it before.

Keep up the good work.

Come on 6stlost - I'm shaking my pom poms for you!!! Remember how good you looked in that picture you had on your profile of you in a wedding dress!! You want to stay looking like that don't you sllliiiiinnnkyyy and gaaawwjussss!

Oh - haven't done a "food in the office" tally for a while have I?

Tuesday - leftover flapjacks/doughnuts/cornflake buns - okay admittedly had I been eating, then there probably wouldn't have BEEN any leftovers the next day but they're going on the 'food pages of shame' anyway!

Tuesday - A colleague had some flowers and chocolates sent to her as an apology from her fella, so she opened the chocolates and said we could help ourselves.

Wednesday - Our sandwich man has been banned from the building and as it was chucking it down with rain, they decided to get another Indian Take-out delivered. This just made me feel very angry and pissed off because I was jealous.

Two of my colleagues reckon they are gonna start the Atkin's Diet on Monday.

Compliments I have had: "it's coming off your face, you can really tell" (this is three different people who have said my face looks thinner)

"oh you look lovely today" (I had some new cropped trousers on and one of my new tops).

Went over to see my ex-step mum in law, and she looks really slim!! She's a size 14, 5ft 6in, 10st 13lbs and just looks gawwwjjuuusss.

Drank six litres of water yesterday. Admittedly I am finding drinking water dead easy through the week as I am sat at a desk for nigh on nine hours!

Size 14, Bon-Marche jeans, that have always dug into my belly and caused overhang are fitting me perfectly now. I may even need a belt on day 2 post-wash when they baggy up a bit!

Hi yo-yo
I've been enjoying your posts particularly your food in the office tallys. I can so identify with that as our office is the same and I feel the same as you. Envious/jealous but do not want to eat - our time will come but in smaller portions this time!!
Good luck with your LL journey. It is worth every jealous moment.

It's so good, isn't it, when people notice the difference in you so soon. What a high.

See, all those years of struggle and we never knew it could be so easy. I wish I'd found LL years ago. But I don't think my head was in the right place for it then - too young and wanting to play.

Well, day 3 on packs, have lost 5.5lbs and only 2.5lbs to go till I get back to where I want to be (which is actually smaller than I really want to be but gives me some leeway so I don't stress). What I have to combat is the urge to play all the time and 'to hell with tomorrow' mentality. But I'm doing it, and I'm putting plans in place to combat it. It's still a journey.

I don't see myself falling off the wagon as the potential wedding dress is no longer a potential - I took it back. But on Saturday I'm having my wedding trousers altered (made 2.5 sizes smaller!!!) so I know I'll keep on the straight and narrow from now on as I want the trousers altered to the size I want to be at the wedding, and then I have to stay that size until the wedding, which is 5th August.

Keep up the good work. The food of shame tally is hilarious! You will feel really, really disgusted by all that food when you're back to eating. Your taste becomes so sensitive after being on the packs that rubbish food just isn't the same anymore. But for now, keep enjoying the packs. Last night I tried strawberry for the first time, yum, but I like the banana better. The choc's still my favourite 'treat' one though.

Day 9

Food in the office

Chopped up melon and pineapple (yes, I nearly fainted too and none of them died from eating healthy) the office smelled gorgeous.

Then to balance things out, someone came in with a chocolate covered swiss-roll thing (she did apologise when she put it on the food table).

I'm getting lots of compliments now, especially in a "you can tell you are losing weight" kind of way.

The best was from my next door neighbour's daughter who I haven't seen to speak to since the Spring Bank Holiday last month who said to me "Have you lost a lot of weight since I saw you last?" YIPPPEEEE. Anyway I suppose I have lost that much weight since I saw her last, considering it was about three weeks ago and I bet I was hovering on the brink of 14st, and now I am just at 13st.

Work trousers I have on today (same as yesterday) are comfortably big. I could do with a belt on them and they are baggy on me, but these are my fat work pants anyway, I just like the cut of them so I'll cry (a bit) when they don't fit me anymore (then I'll just go and buy some from a charity shop)

One of the office managers who works in his own office and hardly ever comes out said to me yesterday "Have you lost some weight?" so I said "only about 8lbs?" and he said "You can tell!" so I was delighted about that. I love compliments, I would say they are spurring my motivation more than anything else

Decking is almost finished - he just has to do one more day's work and it looks great, blooming massive though! 20ft long x 13ft wide.

Oh - I have had my first bars this week. I had peanut on Wednesday, which I thought was okay and it took a very long time to eat. Yesterday I had the lemon and I really liked that a lot, hadn't realised it would be so chewy. I'm taking a fruit bar today.

Well, day 4 being abstinent and I'm just about surviving but god I'll be glad to eat again tomorrow! I've lost all my weight and am now a bit scrawny so I shall enjoy whatever I have tomorrow, but will not go overboard.

Can't wait to get my trousers altered. I can't wait to see what they look like on the skinny me.

I cleaned most of the house and went to the gym today so I'll really feel like I can relax tomorrow.

Good luck for the weekend.

you definitely have to try the lemon bar biscuits - they're delicious.

I've looked at the recipes, they look very interesting and I am sure that in a few weeks down the line when I am sick to death of shakes and soups, that I will be trying them.

Well, day 4 being abstinent and I'm just about surviving but god I'll be glad to eat again tomorrow! I've lost all my weight and am now a bit scrawny so I shall enjoy whatever I have tomorrow, but will not go overboard.

Can't wait to get my trousers altered. I can't wait to see what they look like on the skinny me.

I cleaned most of the house and went to the gym today so I'll really feel like I can relax tomorrow.

Good luck for the weekend.

Well, why don't you post on here what you have eaten tomorrow? Keep yourself on the straight and narrow?

Food in the office:

2 x packets of biscuits (nice ones too!)
Friday Butty run. - the office smelt lovely with my heightened sense of smell!

So, there has been food in the office every day since I started this plan (as indeed there usually has been since I started work there) - now I am seeing why I put loads of weight on (24lbs in 24 months). When I had a bad food day at work, I would just go and continue it at home. Then when I ate crap food brought in by people, I would go out and buy crap food for my lunch, and chocolate at the vending machine, and a can of fizzy pop! It's amazing seeing now just how little calories I can actually survive on.

I said to my friend ".....I mean, it's only 8lbs I have lost..." and she pointed out that 8lbs was quite a large baby, and if I held an 8lbs baby in my arms all day I would soon be complaining that something was aching! And I thought "She's right you know!"

My colleague is keeping me going with the compliments. She told me I was looking good again, and that I had started to develop a nice shape going in at the waist! (i like her, lots)

I was wearing my dip-dyed blue sweater and it felt too big (it's a BHS one, are they generous with their sizes? - it was a present and it's not somewhere I shop) It was definitely baggy around the front. I'm dying to have to start getting rid of clothes that are too big!

Talking of which, my size 14 Bon Marche jeans, 2 days post wash, I can actually pull them down with the zip up and button fastened LOL

Does anyone else weigh themselves every day? I kinow you shouldn't but I can't help myself. My goal is to be below 13st on a night weigh-in before I go to bed. I didn't make it last night (13st 0.4lbs) but am hoping it will be tonight or tomorrow? Not bad when 15 days previously I was 13st 13lbs before I went to bed!

I've never lost a stone on a diet before. The most I ever did was 13.75lbs in 2004 and that took me 7 weeks. Then I had a gain the next week and got fed up.

I love this plan, I really do! Why didn't I do it months ago?

I had the fruit bar yesterday and that was really nice too.

Decking is finished and it looks absolutely amazing!! If I can work out how to post pictures, I might put a link up later if anyone is interested.

Yesterday was day 11, so only 87 days to go!

Well, my first target was met last night as when I went to bed I was 12st 13lbs, so bye bye 13s, I'll never be seeing YOU again. IT was NOvember 2005 when I first hit the 13s so I've been fighting it for nearly two years to stay below that magic number 13..

I went to My oldest son's school gala yesterday and they had a chocolate fountain. I bought the 4-year-old a stick with things on it, and I didn't even lick the chocolate off my fingers!!! - Mrs Iron willpower, me! I'm determined not a morsel of food will pass my lips until I have lost four stone. They're not getting £66 per week out of me for longer than is necessary LOL.

I did have big cravings for cheese on toast last night as someone mentioned those words in a book. Cheese on toast is something I haven't had in ages and ages anyway, as the grill in the oven is rubbish, and luckily we didn't have any cheese, but I have a good imagination, and the thought of it was making me drool.

Nothing really much to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying not being so bloated and feeling over-full.

WD on meeting your first goal yo-yo.

Well, I was gorgeous in my trousers on Saturday but ate more than I meant to over the weekend.

Not a problem though as hubby is away this week so I can devote it to pulling in the reigns again. It's much easier without him to cook for.

I have set in stone 4 days at the gym this week too and once they're in the diary they're very rarely cancelled. I've been this morning already. I've already got 3 days gym booked in for next week too so I'm rather proud of myself!

Harrrumph! I have my weigh in tonight and I've just nipped on my scales at home, and it looks like it's gonna be only 3lbs (providing her scales are the same as mine). I was hoping for a wee bit more.

That'll take it over the stone mark though!
Hope you have a good meeting.

Yes, I did have a very good meeting actually even though I "only" lost 3lbs (which still takes me to 11lbs in two weeks - I wouldn't have done that at WW - is my new mantra!).

It didn't seem to be that good a night all round for 2nd week weight losses actually. There were four ladies on their first week whose losses were 6lbs, 10lbs, 10lbs and 9lbs, but the rest of us were 1lb, 2lb,(she cheated) 3lbs (me) and a larger lady who lost 8lbs (taking her total to 19lbs in two weeks and she was nearly crying). The lady who lost a pound was absolutely desolate too, especially how she had only lost 5lbs the week before and needs to lose 4st. Hopefully next week will be better for her. And we've had two ladies drop out including the self obsessed one (hooray), so we had a new lady join to take her place who had been waiting for a convenient session to come available for a month!

Today I am wearing some trousers that were too tight and uncomfortable about a month ago. Now, they fit perfectly except around the waist where they are too big (Dorothy Perkins, size 16)

Compliments came yesterday from my colleague who looked at me, sighed and said "I'm really jealous...look at you...you're just straight up and down here" (points to stomach and abdomen area) "You've no rolls" (well, I do have rolls when I sit down, but it was nice to hear).

To be honest, I feel I am cheating in some way cos the diet is so easy for me, and the weight loss is so quick!

When I peed on my stick it showed negative for ketones, which upset me, but the others said "Did you actually hit it?" "Are you sure you didn't miss?" so I brought one home, and I'm gonna try it at work later.

Just a quick update, nothing exciting - the ketostix I peed on the next day was a lovely pink colour, so I had obviously not aimed straight the night before, or peed on the wrong side or somthing - DUR!!!

Still going brilliantly! Today is day 18 - I never in a million years thought I would last that long without food! 80 days to go!

Weight is still dropping off at an alarmingly exciting rate! I was 12st 10lbs when I went to bed last night so that is another pound off in two days. The last time I weighed that was in September 2006 before I went to Barcelona, and then when I came back (after just 5 days) I was 7lbs heavier! So it didn't last right long.

Also, this might sound silly, but my two colleagues who are doing Atkins, told me their weights as of Monday when they started. One is 5ft 4in, and 12st 12lbs, and the other is 5ft 1in, and 12st 7lbs, but I look at them and feel fatter than they are - and it turns out there's not actually that much difference now!! Perception is a funny thing isn't it?

Yesterday was the first day in the office when there was no food brought in.

Well I haven't done a food in the office report for ages!

Fri 29th - Breakfast Butties
Fri 29th - 2 x packets of biscuits.

Monday 2nd - Fudge from Filey
Monday 2nd - Biscuits from Turkey

The biscuits and fudge miraculously lasted Mon, Tue & Wed.

Thursday (LL Day 16 for me, was the first working day there was no food in the office)

Friday 6th - Breakfast Butty run.
Friday 6th - Fish & Chips at lunchtime

Man, the office smelt GORGEOUS yesterday, but I chanted "fish and chips always smell better than they taste"

I was seriously hungry yesterday too.

I'm starting to get cramp in my calves so I guess that's from drinking loads of water

Today I have got into a pair of jeans I haven't worn for a while as because they are hipsters my belly always flopped out of the top. They are still a size 16 (New Look) but now my stomach/abs have got smaller, my body shape seems more suited to them.

Got weighed this morning and am into a new pound bracket, was 12st 8.6lbs! This diet really does what it says on the tin!

Today is day 19 for me, I'm very pleased I have lasted for so long.

Last night when I went to bed I was 12st 9lbs, and this morning when I woke up I was 12st 7.4lbs. It's really coming off fast this week, I am 4.2lbs lighter than I was last Sunday. Hopefully should be under 12st by the end of the month!

Just looked at my records, and it was exactly two years ago today that I weighed so little!! (1 month after I started my new job, and I had put half a stone on already!).

I'll tell you what I am thinking about all the time - cheese! Cheese on toast, cheese on crackers, cheese on spaghetti bolognese....It's funny cos I hardly ever even ate cheese previously, I mean I do love it, but because of the high calorie content I never had it. Except for when I was doing Slimming World, and I'd have it as a healthy extra in a salad. Yummmm.... but the things I thought I would really miss such as chocolate and bread I haven't even given a second thought to.

Very interesting, I went right off chocs and carbs too, and they were my biggest downfall. I couldn't believe I could walk past Greggs and it did absolutely nothing for me. It still doesn't now actually. Although it smells slightly nicer and sometimes I think 'hmm' it doesn't have the same addictive pull that it used to.

I was reading another thread on here about leg cramps, did you see it? It was something to do with lack of salt or something and having some marigold buillion or the savoury packs seems to sort it out?

I got my practice wedding hair and make-up done yesterday. I liked the result and, more importantly, so did fiance (he's got to look at me all day so I wanted to make sure he was happy with the results!). I'm picking up my new, altered, skinny wedding trousers on Saturday. Suddenly it seems like there's no time left. I can't believe it's only a month away.

Back