You know youve lost weight when...

This thread is brilliant. I'm not doing S&S yet, but I'm planning to use it in a month or two so I can drop the final dress size.

when you put on your swimming cossie and see a small hanging roll of fat in your lower stomach area(am serious) instead of a huge swollen mound that starts at your boobs and ends just above your knees! This was a fabulous thing to see last week!
When you start to scrutinze saggy skin instead of rolls of fat.
When you see a photo of your face and it looks ten years younger
When you can measure your size 16 jeans next to your size 20 ones that were tight a few months ago
and believe it or not - when trying on new clothes 2 sizes down that fit and think I look fat.............obviously motivation to keep going to lose another 2 sizes.

When u weigh first thing in the morn, and you are in the 10s, and you weigh again at night(i am a nightmare) and you havent gone up to the next stone(with all the water and shakes that have been consumed):D:D :) xxx

Hey Michelle, that's what I do too. I don't consider myself properly in the next number until I can stand on those scales in the evening and still see the same number :)

When you recycle all yr 42 and 44 DD and DDDs because they are loose.

When are measured by the John Lewis bra fitter and are 36 G. I don't remember when I was last 36. The 1980s??

On my Alizonne vlcd, I seem to be loosing lots of weight from places I haven't lost before. I can feel my hip bones, too. Strengthens my commitment to keeping it off!

Ali

When the first jumper you ever knit yourself (which was a bit tight at the time) is now literally hanging off you. Now I have to re-knit it.

When you can jog up the stairs and not have to stop for a rest or sit down when you get there.

When you think about buying a mirror for your downstairs loo for the first time since you moved in 8 years ago.

When you go and get something radical at the hairdressers and don't feel embrassed trying a new look.

When you want to go outside in fitted clothes because you feel human.

I can't wait to feel skinny and sexy like I used to before I had kids...

This forum has helped me so, so much. It's amazing - I've only been here a week but it feels like home and it'd given me so much motivation!

I feel I'm far more likely to hit my goal this year after joining this forum. Weird eh?

Last week I had my 'yes, yes I really have lost weight' moment!

I've always been a 16 and I almost exclusively wear black, I rely on it to make me feel less fat, and I went into miss selfridges and picked up a top, a none black top just as I wanted to try it on and see, the top was white with a tiger on it, I tried it on in at 16 and it looked so baggy! I put the 14 on and it fitted perfectly, I took it out of the changing rooms with me to buy it and my mum reminded me "it's the tiniest bit baggy now, what's it going be like in 3 weeks?" so I put it back and I'm looking forward to buying it in a 12! A 12!!! this was also the first time I've tried something on outside of my comfort zone and I've not left the changing rooms fighting back tears!

When you look at a pair of peach jeans and think 'i might buy those' rather than just looking at the black cardigans :D

Tried a pair of matalan skinny peach/ coral pink colour jeans in a size 14 and they zip up!!!!! OMG! Am no where near a size 14 but they say 14 and am in them!

When you look at a pair of peach jeans and think 'i might buy those' rather than just looking at the black cardigans :D
I was looking at green jeans the other day!!!

Maybe when I'm another size down lol...

Well done!!!!

Well I can't really afford the peach ones I saw with the top that went with it but mate I'll pay matalan a visit! There's a new one near me jut opened and I've heard their sizes are quite motivational!!
Jut ant wait til I can wear nice clothes again!! x

Deezer said:
I was looking at green jeans the other day!!!

Maybe when I'm another size down lol...

Well done!!!!

Go for it Dee, they are awesome! Am getting addicted to these coloured skinny jeans!!!!

I just cant wait to be happy with what i see in the mirror....

Was a pleasant suprise that i loved the pics from my night out of Saturday!!! It was ace!! X

Deezer said:
I just cant wait to be happy with what i see in the mirror....

Was a pleasant suprise that i loved the pics from my night out of Saturday!!! It was ace!! X

I bet u felt a million dollars as well seeing how far you have come n very soon u will feel very happy with what u see in the mirror too. Xxx

LauraZee said:
Well I can't really afford the peach ones I saw with the top that went with it but mate I'll pay matalan a visit! There's a new one near me jut opened and I've heard their sizes are quite motivational!!
Jut ant wait til I can wear nice clothes again!! x

Matalan sizes in trousers are not the best in my opinion, my 12's are more like 10's and the 10's are more like 8's and they don't fit yet, no where near! Lol

Although I suppose they could be motivational in the sense that you have to diet to get into them! Haha!!

But I am talking about work style trousers and not jeans, I don't have any of their jeans and have never tried any on either so they sound like they could be different?

....... when all the dresses you have been saving for when you have lost weight are now too big the next time you try them on! "DOH!"

Back