• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Yuck - Chocolate Scanbran cake

Have just made this, and it tasted disgusting! Couldn't stomach eating it, so have thrown it out. Was really hard to chew it.

Is it meant to taste like this? I keep reading threads about how nice it is.

Shame as I really wanted to like it. It's the first time I've tried Scanbrown, so maybe I wasn't used to the texture ;)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Fallen Angel

Starting again!!
Yes it is disgusting but I lost 3.5lbs by having a piece a day so I'm just about to make another one! :)

I take a bite, then wash it down with squash!

LOL you either love or hate the stuff! I'm not keen at all and hate the fact it seems to "grow" in my mouth when I eat it.

I managed a slice of it and still feel sick from it. Maybe that's how it works, you feel too sick to eat anything after it;)

Seriously, is it really meant to be good for weight loss? If it is, maybe I should investigate new ways to make it palatable!

Try the All Bran Chocolate Cake and see if that's any better for you. I love it!:D

All Bran Chocolate Cake
Serves: 6
Syns per serving: 3½ Syns on Green and Original
Cooking time: 6 minutes
Preparation time: 15 minutes

100g All Bran cereal
250ml boiling water
2 eggs
6 heaped tsp of drinking chocolate
½ cup sweetener

1. Pour the boiling water on to the All Bran in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Add the eggs, drinking chocolate and sweetener and beat the mixture until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
3. Put the mixture into a 6½ inch round plastic tub or other suitable microwaveable dish, smooth the top with a large spoon or flat knife, and microwave on high for 6 minutes.
4. Turn the cake out on to a plate, cut into 6 slices and enjoy!

Personally I think its crazy to eat something you hate!!!! Every food has cals, why waste them on something horrible?????

I made the all bran one the othernight, and it was vile. I can't believe they have the recipe on the website, its almost enough to put me off sw!!!!!!!!!

stephie0611

needs to focus!!!!
must admit i wouldn't eat something that i didn't like, i do enjoy the scanbran and all bran cakes though, the all bran cake is probably the best one though. xx

I hated the choc one but I have a piece of the marmalade one or the sweet mincemeat one nearly every day. I love it and it's saved my day on many an occasion :)

Food like this makes me sad- I know lots love it but I HATE HATE HATE food that is 'diet'

I would rather have a little of something real than a lot of something that is pretending to be nice

Thats why I love SW- I eat tons of free tasty meals and save all my lovely syns for real chocolate and cake- yum

x

StripedDaisy

A sucker for a key change
I was just wondering, do the people that love the chocolate bran cakes also like All Bran as cereal and vice versa? I haven't made either one yet, but I love all bran for breakfast and hoped that would mean that the cake would be nice for my tastebuds...