Zeke's Fabulous Forties

I got to say I think having set times (ish) to eat works for me! I am MAKING myself get to 6 pm before my next pack...which will make it easier to get to 9 ish for my final one.
No one said this was easy!
Pack at a time!
The excitement of breaking new ground on my 3 year weight-loss graph in about 4 weeks is very motivating!

Thanks, Lass!

Just been out to Morrisons and stocked up on coke zero and Dr Pepper zero (a new one for me - hoping it has no caffeine in it!). Whilst there I also took advantage of their offer on 4 pack chocolate bars and got 8 different types - so 32 bars! I would never normally do that (wouldn't trust myself not to inhale them in a matter of days). They should last DH and DS a while!

Shopping trolley looked horrendous - 2 pizzas, 12 cans coke zero, 12 cans dr pepper zero, 32 bars of chocolate, 1 packet of frozen oven chips!

Brilliant - the best weight loss diet in the world. You'd make a fortune if it worked lol!

Sadly, I have tried something similar to this diet and the results were a little like a VLCD but in gaining direction :D

Surprised at another big (ish) drop down today. I am now at 8.2 lbs loss in 6 days. As I never experienced the first week losses on SnS last time (due to cutting down to 1200 kcals for 13 days before starting) - it is all rather exciting. This is officially the most weight I have lost at the start of a diet (yeah, I know a lot of it is water but that is the deal with all of them!).

I worked later today (in a relaxed way - I didn't have to be there) and then went straight to somewhere else. This resulted in having dinner and hour later than usual and all was well!

Not the most exciting news but today has probably been the easiest. Looking forward to tomorrow's WI and completing my first weeks loss in my sig (small things...)

First week completed! Just another 0.2 lbs off from yesterday bringing me to a very pleasing 8.4 lbs loss this week.

Last night I remembered pickled gherkins to snack on! So excited that I went out and got some. Probably had more than 200g of veg yesterday in total though, so I will have to weigh and restrict from today.

Graph Update:

Ten Week SnS Journey:

2March2013-Week1.png

Overall Journey from heaviest ever:

2March2013.png

I fancy a bit of a ramble...

I said I wasn't going to do this but I am thinking ahead to when the ten weeks is over :D

Hopefully, by that time, I will be just into the healthy range for BMI. I will give myself 4 weeks 'off' - the deal being that if I'm not below (can be just 0.2 lbs) the weight I finished SnS then I will go back on it for 4-6 weeks in a bid to get at or closer to my ultimate goal (not sure what that is but somewhere in the BMI 21-23 range). In the four weeks 'off' I see myself following the SW diet with some tweaks. The tweaks being that I won't spend any syns on 'junk food' - I plan to spend them on things like extra porridge, crispbreads etc. In a typical day the syns should be in the 5-10 range because I also plan to have some meals completely off - where I have meal out and wine etc (or a special meal that my husband I share at home) but don't 'count it' it at all. I want to continue sticking to set meal times and set things a lot of the time as well (porridge, fruit, chicken or fish salad, boiled egg, dinner, crispbreads & cottage cheese). If this plan does work and I end up a little less heavy after the 4 weeks then I won't change it but up the exercise.

Great - got that off my chest! Now back on to focusing on the next 9 weeks...

One day I would like to wear a skirt like this to work and look good in it!

LKBennettVallyNavySkirt.jpg

I'm afraid I am one of those overweight people whose wardrobe is reduced to a few cheap items. I start allowing myself to spend a little more when I am a 14 but really most of the nice clothes in my wardrobe are a size 10-12. When I get down there again I bet I won't like them!

That's exactly what I ended up doing. Slept loads - major lie in this morning! I did watch a documentary in bed but I still put in at least 10 hours straight sleep! I remember from last time sleeping deeper.

So, last night the demons came (why did I watch masterchef?!) and I started questioning this - the possible health issues, the lack of exercise (I came off it last time to do exercise and did none!) and longterm metobolism issues. Thankfully I put them aside and didn't use it as an excuse to crack and have an extra pack or worse.

Very pleased about this morning and good loss. I've already looked into all of these things, of course, and come to the conclusion that it is fine for a relatively short period of time with a significant break in between.

I just need to get from pack-to-pack which can be harder at the weekend when we are at home and I don't find myself a project or a load of tasks to undertake.

I am also spending far too long at my desk on the internet searching for or looking at the the same old thing again and again. I wonder how often I look at my weigh-loss graph everyday?! I need to reduce this habit down to a sensible level and get on with other stuff instead now I think. After 8 days I think I can firmly say I am on this and I will remain when I continue to make the right decision at the multiple times a week or day that they arrive. I bought a smart TV for my desk yesterday so I could do some of the more mundane work tasks whislt semi-watching it. All that has happened so far is a whole lot of internet rambling!

Anyway, to continue the rambling, I have now lost 9.6 lbs and I yesterday I checked to see exactly how much I gained since mid October - 21.2 lbs :O. So, that means I have another 11.6 lbs to go and at a rate of 3.5 lbs/wk I can have that off in about 3 weeks 4 days. That will be a happy day!

I am going to go ahead and put some other goals in my sig.

Last edited:
Had my first 'gain' today - a whopping 0.2 lbs:D
I've been a daily weigher for over three years now so I know that this is very normal - it is almost reassuring!

I am having too much veg now I have added in the Gherkins. When I did this previously I measured out the milk for my coffee/tea at the start of the day and found that 150 ml was pretty much all I needed anyway, so they stopped measuring as I always had the same. Same with the veg - measured at the start but don't now. I am going to have to make myself do that today. I am pretty sure I am having more than 200g.

Just weighed some gherkins - about 20g/each. I've had three today.

I also weighed out approximately the among of frozen broccoli/cauliflower that I normally have a dinner - easily get 200g there.

I am pretty sure that now the Gherkins have come on the scene I have been having 300-400g/veg a day - naughty!

I shall halve the amount of veg I have with my dinner to allow for up to 5 gherkins then...

Not good!! I have decided to have my 3rd pack now (usually have it at 6 pm) as I cannot concentrate on anything other than wanting to eat.

Obviously a bit worried about getting through the evening now. I will have an extra pack if I really need to.

I'm not going to buy anymore gherkins - I think I may have kicked myself out of ketosis....

Now I've just had my 4th meal of the day. Already. It is 5.30 pm. This is not good at all...

I need a plan. I think go to bed at 9 pm is going to be right up there. Maybe eat all of the damn gherkins so they are gone later?!

I know I have got through bed periods like this before and been really pleased that I stuck with it so I want to give myself a chance to feel that again. I think I am going to take the dogs for a walk now and listen to some inspirational music. Yep - I'll start there!

Last edited:
Back