Zeke's Fabulous Forties

I hope the dogs enjoyed their walk. You sound really fed up - but you are right you will feel really proud of yourself when you work through it have not given in. When I'm on tfr diets I also tend to have a lot of early nights. Me the dog and my final shake snuggle up about 8ish sometimes and then I try to fall asleep before I start thinking of food again.

Hi Lass - yes I was a bit fed up/desperate!

Loved the dog walk though. Shepherds sky at night, a bit cold, Bon Jovi on the ipod, fresh air, a bit of exercise...just what I needed!

I needed to do a ten day mental stock-take I think. I am going to list them as bullet points for ease:

• I have been exceeding my veg allowance every day. I will ditch the gherkins and lower the amount of frozen veg I have with my evening meal
  • I have been exceeding the cans of cabonated drink each day. At work today I had three cans of coke zero and I will probably have a can of Dr Pepper zero this evening. That is 1320 ml and the max S&S recommend is 600 ml. I will avoid them at work from now on and limit myself to one a day.
  • I have probably been exceeding my milk allowance. I will go back to measuring it out in the morning.
  • I am spending way too much time in my office and posting on here. Sometimes this helps and sometimes it is counter productive. There are other negative issues surrounding this as well. I am going to attempt to only post on a Saturday when I update my stats and avoid updating them every day. If I need to 'escape for a while I should listen to music or take the dogs for a walk.
  • I haven't been drinking enough water. Most of my water intake comes from tea/coffee and carbonated drinks. I now have a 1.5L bottle of water on my desk.
  • I want to really try to make this work again. Even if it continues to be as hard as this then I want to challenge myself to so another three weeks and get back to where I left it last time (and use up the bulk of my packs!).

That's it really. Stick to the rules (I think it will make it easier. I hope.) and get on with life rather than internet obsessing.

Ok - I know I'm back but in my defense I am only popping on for a few moments!

Last night I ended up having an extra bar, then started another one. Thankfully, the second one was the new on with honey and I really didn't like it (just got one to try) so I ened up throwing it in the bin and stopping my 'binge' there. Down 0.6 lbs this morning.

Today I have been sticking to the rules and it is (touch wood) soooooooooooo much easier today. Yesterday really was a tough one.

Another quick one - finding today pretty easy as well. Very happy that I stuck with it now.
Certainly feel more confident that I will get back down to 165 lbs at least. As to whether or not I order more packs after that...I guess I will answer that question when the times comes. I'm just focusing on getting the first four weeks done!

Woke with a bit of a headache this morning. Must make sure I drink loads of water today. I think headache is more due to not being able to get to sleep for some reason (until 1.30 am at the earliest anyway) and then waking up early (husband got up early and woke me up - had to tell him that 6.15 am was not a good time to start emptying the dishwasher...).

For the last two days I have got my carbonated drinks down to two cans (1 coke zero early afternoon and 1 dr pepper zero in the evening), I shall keep trying to get rid of them completely or almost completely though!

Another 0.6 lbs off today bring me to 2.8 lbs in 5 days this week so I cannot complain! If I lose an average of 3.5 lbs/week in weeks 2-10 I would get down to 146.5 lbs :eek: by my 40th. I cannot realistically see that happening but it makes my goal of less than 154 lbs look sensible (if I manage to continue with SnS for the whole time).

Thankfully the headache didn't amount to anything today.

Didn't have lunch until 2 pm but that was completely fine, although I did start to feel hungry at 4.15pm. Trying to hold out until at least 5.30 pm to have dinner.

Unfortunately I have 1.5 hr - 2hr work to do this evening, but hopefully it will keep me occupied. Nothing else to report really - which I suppose is good!

Yay - looking like another good weightloss this week - fingers crossed!

Hope so - now at 3.6lbs with one day to go - I am half expecting a sts or slight gain tomorrow though (just because last few days I have been losing a uniform 0.6 lbs).

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh......the weekend :)

I'm going to indulge myself with a little dreaming/planning.

May 4th - down to 146-154 lbs (I hope)
4 week 'maintanence' break (obviously will gain a bit at the start but aim to have weight at end of period at or below what it was at the start - so in reality still losing a little fat - plan to do something like SW but instead of syns having a 'cheat' meal once a week or so). No intention of using the SnS re-feed - I found that really hard last time and it resulted in a binge. I'm just going to go straight on to SW.
1st June - 20th July (7 weeks) - back on SnS? losing less this time (I will work on 2 lbs/wk) so 132 - 140 lbs at end...maybe continue until I feel I have lost enough (up to 10 weeks - so half way though summer hols?)
After that - work really hard to maintain weight and increase fitness/muscle tone

I am thinking about this more due to the post by BuxomBarrister about using SnS to lose her last few pounds (after already losing 40 lbs on exante and being at a BMI of 22.2 already). I have NEVER been able to lose those last few pounds. This may well be the solution.

Yes, I know I am getting ahead of myself here!

I felt great at 137 lbs (I was pretty fit then too, which if I use SnS to get back there I won't be) but I still felt I could do with losing another 7-10 lbs.

Anyway, this is all pure speculation! I've just got to focus on this bit first. I am completely taken with the idea of maintanence breaks along the way though.

Now at 3.6lbs with one day to go - I am half expecting a sts or slight gain tomorrow though (just because last few days I have been losing a uniform 0.6 lbs).

Yep, had 'sts' this morning. Very pleased with 3.6 lbs this week.

I am so anxious to get below 165.6 lbs! Sounds so silly, I know. I want to see my graph break new ground, start entering into my spreadsheet again, take my measurements when I get just below a whole number BMI (next one is 26, as I already have the stats for 28 and 27)...soon!

Mercifully, I don't have much work to do this weekend. I am going to concentrate on getting the house looking good and spending time with my family.

Just realised that I forgot to do my graph update.

9March2013-Week2.png

9March2013.png

Starting to feel more of an interest in beauty stuff now. So much so I almost feel compelled to actually do something!I cannot claim to have ever been great in this area - definitely surges but nothing like consistency. Washing my face and moisturising every morning and night would be quite a step forward really!

I decluttered my underwear drawer this pm - got rid of a few bras that are now too big amongst other things. It is good to see the things that I actually do/will wear more clearly! I think my make-up and bathroom cupboards may be next. I still have make-up that I bought for my wedding over nine years ago...

ADD: Just given myself a nice foot soak, scrub and moisturise - they feel so nice and soft now! Didn't stretch to a pedicure though! I wonder how often the more beauty consious do things like this to keep their feet looking and feeling good? I might try and make it a weekly thing and set up a good habit in time for the summer months.

I plan to get out my IPL tonight - a must have purchase that has barely been used. However, where I did use it a bit more on the bottom parts of my legs, it does appear to have worked!

Last edited:
STOCKTAKE (notes to self for future ref.):

Breakfast (sweet porridge): 46
Lunch (shakes): 22
Dinner (meals): 37
Supper: 15 (14 after today)

= 119 after today = 29 days MAX

However, I am quite happy with the porridge, shake, meal, bar format! I guess my next order is going to have to be the 28 day 3 pack a day to balance out the bar situation.

So...

28 bars (+14) = 42
No porridge (surplus of 4)
Shakes 42-22 = 20
Meals 42-37 = 5

56-25 = 31 other packs to order = 12 shakes, 11 meals, and 8 porridge I guess

Next order:

28 Bars
8 Porridge
32 shakes
16 meals

Obviously, I still won't be balanced but at least a bit closer to it.

This happened last time - had to order a 3 pack/day supply to balance out the 5 day/day supply with the bars! I never learn! In my defense I was trying not to have a bar every day this time...

I could, of course, just do a separate order for bars/shakes. Ummm....I guess I have another 10 days or so before I need to decide.

Been on a (quite rare) shopping trip and enjoyed browsing some clothes - thinspiration!

I replaced a few items - lipstick, mascara, socks, knickers and my ONE pair of jeans that I wear! I bought the jeans from Joules and tried on sizes 16 and 14. The size 16 was a bit big on the waist but very comforable everywhere else. I decided to try on the 14 as well as I had brought it in with me; definitely tighter but they looked fine on. So, I went with the sz 14 - I think they should fit nicely in a couple of weeks and are ok in the meantime. At £49/pair I think the sz 16 would have been a bit silly to buy! Yes, I do know that Joules sizes are on the generous size. In reality I was probably trying on a real size 18 and a 16 but it is nice to buy something with a 14 tag on anyway!

It is COLD today! Could be time to put the heating up a bit...:bundledup:

Last edited:
Thanks Lass :) I still have some clothes in a size 16 in my wardrobe that I can't quite fit into yet of course!

I would imagine that it would be rather cold where you are if I am feeling like this down here! I still remember the horror of my Edinburgh flat's gas bills twenty years later!

TOTM so my sts yesterday has been followed by a loss of 0.2lb today.

and predictably continuing with another 0.2 lbs today. I can't remember exactly when it shifts, day 4 rings a bell, which could be tomorrow or the next day depending on how you count it.

I didn't want to get up this morning though! Cold and I could do with some more sleep...sure I will be ok when I get to work though.

Back