¡¡ʎǝuɹnoɾ s,ǝpuolqǝǝzʇıp - same old, same old!

Hiya Linz, great to "see" you:D

Hoping you are having a fab family easter - i'm happy as just having a break from DD today while she is in kids club. She's been pretty good but we've been dragging her sightseeing plus stuck all together in hotel rooms for over a week now.....:eek:

Xxxx

Good to see you thinking and analysing :).....

It doesn't hurt occasionally and I totally agree with replacing one addiction with another....most of us here have probably got addictive personalities due to the issues we have with food!!

My addictions have gone as follows...

Smoking
Gave up
Pregnancy (everything was baby related, books, mags etc etc)
Gave birth
Smoking
Weight Loss with WW 4 stone off
Gave up smoking again
Exercise
Diagnosed with IBS
Bingeing/smoking again!!
Weight gain
Alcohol
LL - obsessed with the scales
Jewellery making
Piled weight on again
Bought every home related/craft mag ever and started things, bought all the tools for the jobs/crafts but never finished them!!
Applied for current job and got obsessed with exercise.....
Got into job piled weight on
Changed role started smoking after 5 years stopped!
Piled masses of weight on with drinking wine every night...even used to have it when I got home in the morning after a night shift!!
Started Exante....
IBS disappeared!
Switched to Atkins... It's the most stable I've been over 6 months!! Oh and took up photography and dream work... But I'm really enjoying these and not obsessing over them! I feel settled :)

God how scary is it looking at that lot above in black and white!!!

There's my obsessions in a nut shell over the years!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Bless you for listing...... I could probably double your list truth be told, very definately an all or nothing girl which I guess is why I have done well on a VLCD - eat nothing and then Atkins - eat all!!

Oh wow! I must have a go of this.....I know I have an addictive personality, just never thought about replacement!
I'm always replacing one thing with another!

Wow Jo, what a list, I share quite a few of those!

And you are absolutely right, we all have some issue or other, that's why we're here :) My trouble is getting bored and sticking with things. Answers on a post(card) please :D
Me too Suze.... wish I had staying power!

Yes, replacement is such a big thing when you give up something you love/are addicted to. I have replaced most of mine with music and live gigs, dance classes and a bit of a crush but they are all legal and keeping me going on the right side lol xxxx
I'm hoping to find a suitable alternative too. x

Morning Linz... What a topic!! ... so much rational thought and self analysis !! And really comforting to know that there are so many other folk going through / gone through those obsessions!

Isn't this place great?? !! Xxx
I wouldn't have come so far or succeeded on my journey if it wasn't for my friends & the support on here!

It sure is a great place, however, I'm feeling a little naked after my confessions!! x

Awwww bless you hun, sometimes exposing secrets about ourselves can do that!

No need, we've all been there( or still are!)
Amen sister!

Yes don't be worried Jo, my list is pretty similar :)
Me too but longer!

I could probably squeeze a lot more into it! That's the scary thing! x

Phew thats made me feel better!

Bet we all could Jo xxx
Seems we're all very similar!

Sorry to kidnap your thread Linz - but I didn't want you feeling on your own, Jo, and was thinking about my OCD list about 4 this morning (as you do) - so here goes...

Smoking - reduced from 20 a day to about 5 (until alcohol plays a par, then the sky's the limit!). Will keep until I get other things under control
Alcohol - way, way, way too much of it, for years and years. The recent Evening of Mad Texting made me realise I don't know when to stop - so it's Day 4 of Detox. Keep reminding me how much money I'll save!
Exercise - wish I was ocd about this one! :) I will do almost anything to avoid it.
House buying - gone on about that enough
Kids/blokes - always thought I'd have a family but it never happened and now having kids isn't an option - but Orbit is a lovely substitute - wouldn't mind meeting someone though (maybe)
Projects - I get very mad keen on things, do lots of research, talk the big talk, buy stuff for it - then get bored after a while. Recent examples are - weight loss, healthy cooking, chemical free way of life...

So, not too much to sort out...:eek::D:D:D
We all seem to be doing the same kind of things!

Lady Felsham, are you a gemini by any chance ??
Split personality....... & they're big & beautiful both of them!! :p

You guys are just SO lovely!! I know what you mean Jo... That naked vulnerability I feel if I think I'm revealing too much!

But we're all here to make this work together ... And that's why this place is so brilliant because we can say it like it is and there's no judgment... And most people have already got every imaginable tee shirt hanging up in their wardrobe.

If it wasn't for my crippling arthritis that was getting increasingly worse I wouldn't ever have been able to start a diet... I'd still be 22st, size 32/34 and my life would be shrinking into a Chinese take away and wine and Galaxy... That demon is still lurking waiting to pounce - I can feel it/him today as I must have had hidden sugars/carbs yesterday and Im starting to crave stuff...

Thank god for all of you !! Xxx
We sure need the strength of each other don't we!
Morning Gawjuss..

Happy Easter to you and your lovely family xx
Thanks Doll, its been a very lovely but busy one. x

Afternoon Linz, hope you are having a lovely Easter xxxx
Its been perfect B, well apart from having to work!

Morning Linz. Hope you're having a lovely Easter with the kiddies.
Thanks Lisa, its been fab apart from 3 mini eggs I have been well behaved! (ish)

Hiya Linz, great to "see" you:D

Hoping you are having a fab family easter - i'm happy as just having a break from DD today while she is in kids club. She's been pretty good but we've been dragging her sightseeing plus stuck all together in hotel rooms for over a week now.....:eek:

Xxxx
Sounds like you have been having a fab time babes!!

So yet again its been a while. Have had a lovely but exhaustingly busy Easter but wouldn't swap it! Had visits from friends, been to the races, picked up furniture, moved the kids playroom, rearranged the dining room, worked, visited family etc etc... you know the usual!!

Won a fab corner sofa on eBay but unfortunately managed to collide with the stupid 4 brick high wall that stuck out onto the sellers drive & damaged 2 panels on my passenger side of the car, so the bargain sofa isn't such a bargain anymore as the excess on my insurance is £250!! Am so bloomin' annoyed with myself & then even more so as I had some wine when I got home which broke my abstinance run!

On a good note I finally shifted those stubborn lbs that have been illuding me for so long & tipped the scales over the 10 stone lost number.... 141.3 lbs to be exact on Friday, has gone up slightly since then tho but I know it'll come off again! Am craving atm so have obviously eaten something with hidden carbs in it, just got to eat my way back to low carbing / maintaining again!

Since we last chatted I have only had 3 days where I have had some wine (one coz of the car!) & today I went out for my first ever run!! My friend & I did 7 circuits of the football pitch, we sprinted down the long sides & power walked the short ends..... OMG I thought my heart was going to burst, not sure how I ever managed to recover enough inbetween sprints to do some more!! I was buzzing afterwards tho & it was a far better buzz than a couple of glasses of wine have given me! I would like to hope that I will get out there 3 times a week now I have an idea of what to do, either early morning as its literally on my doorstep or once Paul's home! Have been suprised at how much I can feel it in my arms.... not suprised that all the other areas that hurt do tho!

Hope you guys are all well, I am planning on making sometime this week to come & visit all your diaries as I read on my phone but don't post & I need to stop lurking so much. xxx

Love the exercise buzz, I can't seem to get it from running though, but my bokwa buzz is the most amazing thing lol xxx

Excellent going on the run, lovie - and dropping those extra pounds! :)

Don't worry about the car - these things happen - and it's not like you meant to do it. And the sofa will look lovely :)

Wow! Well done on the loss lovely Linz!!! Such great going! Xx

Hooray on the 10 stone - that's amazing girlie:)

Boo on the car - just let it go and get back to your fabulous life:D as for running - will leave you to it;)
Xxx

10 stone is awesome. To put it in perspective - my ideal weight when I was in my late teens (and my weight when I got married) was 10st 4lbs - I know I will never see that on the scales again. What I am trying to say is that you have lost almost all of the me I was then and that is WOW!!!

Well done Linz!!!! That is such an amazing achievement!!!!

Right nightmare with the sofa though :(!!!!

Jx

10 stones is such an incredible achievement, you have lost all of me and then some, we are all so bloody proud of you Linz xxxxx

140lbs down - You rock girlie:D

Back