10 weeks 3 stone goal!

xLunax

Hi, I am starting Slim and Save on Monday and have my months supply ready to go. I did slim and save for 3months last year and lost 4 stone for my wedding, I am now back at square one, weighing even heavier than before and struggling to lose any weight on other diets. I gained weight on my honeymoon, and continued to gain through not refeeding properly. I have since tried to lose weight through JUDDD, lost 15lbs then it slowed right down, tried juicing, lost 20lbs and couldn't handle it anymore as it was far too restrictive and I felt weak. Now I am back to slim and save, the only diet I have ever been able to follow and lose a lot of weight on. I plan to go for 12 weeks, but I do have events coming up that I will allow myself days off for, last year I did S&S very strictly and plan to do the same, but know that one meal out doesn't hurt in the long run if you get straight back on it again. Right now I have a wedding to attend next weekend and a dinner with friends at the end of april, so until my goal in june, there is nothing else that I will allow for break wise. I expect to lose around the same amount of weight as I did the first time around, but my goal is 180 for the end of june. I found keeping a diary very helpful the first time around and will do the same this time and post pics/updates as and when they happen. My ultimate challenge is to not only lose the weight, but this time, keep it off. Good luck to everyone else on S&S.

Good luck Luna! I'm in the same position, lost loads on a VLCD in 2011 and put it back on, let's hope that for both of us this is the time it sticks! Last time I had a wedding 2 weeks in, ate mostly low carb on the day and back to SS the next day, so it can be done if you're in the right mindset which it sounds like you are!
How are things going so far?

My goal is 180 too. How much do you want to lose?

Hi, it's going well so far, I did a day of s'n's on Saturday to get back into the swing of it, managed the day fine, had sunday lunch yesterday at my dads for my birthday and a small slice of cake but today is my official start day. I am feeling fine, no nausea yet, back when I did it the first time around I had severe headache and nausea for a week then it went away. I am aiming to lose about 60lbs in total. It's a tough goal but I know it can be done. Good luck to you both too. 180 is my goal as I feel quite slim at that weight, it is also the lowest I'd ever have been as an adult! We travel down south Friday so will try and eat low carb fri and sat, however we do have breakfast paid for at the hotel, might be able to just have eggs and bacon though.. I did the mild curry with spinach, mushroom and broccoli on Saturday and it was quite nice.

For now I've ordered spag bol, mild curry, lemon bars and caramel shakes ( I have them warm with a little decaf coffee) x

Re: Slim and Save - Round 2

Good choices other than the camel shakes! Can't stand them, love lemon bars though. How tall are you can I ask?

I wouldn't fancy camel shakes either lol... I tried the banana, vanilla and choc when I did it last year, but didn't like them. I just made spag bol, mushroom and broccoli for tea. I am doing three packs per day and taking a multivitamin, also on days where I do cardio, I will have a small protein based meal. I am 5'6, I lost 3st 10lbs on slim and save last year within 10 weeks. So I am hoping I can do 4stone in 12 weeks this time, I will be doing more exercise this time, last time I didn't do much at all.

I hope that by the time I go off on holiday in 14 weeks that I have lost 60lbs at least. After I return from my travels I plan to go back on slim and save for a couple of weeks then do it alternate days, to maintain and then try and follow a new plan to lose more lbs slowly until xmas time. This time around I will listen to my body and the important thing for me is to start becoming more active, I think this will be of great help when it comes to maintaining or shedding those last lbs xx

Last edited:
Morning of day 2! Scales are moving, feel less bloated, and although I have this wedding this weekend, I know that in 2 weeks time, I could have shed a stone. I have no dizziness, which I had the first time round which is great! I am determined to get back down to my lowest weight and never go back in the 200s again! I really do plan to do a lot of exercise, this is key, today is a sunny day so contemplating going for a bike ride with OH and maybe take the dog. I walk twice a day with the dog for 30mins each time too.

I plan to keep my diary everyday, last year when I did it I kept a diary of every thought and feeling and it got me through. If I can get to 180 on slim and save then go away on holiday, and do another round of slim and save I may well try to get into the 10s finally using slim and save, but I will try for this first hurdle first! I can't put many characters in my signature yet, I'd usually post goals in that, but the first milestone for me is going to be getting to 1 stone. x

I have made a list of reasons to lose weight...

1. To not avoid mirrors!
2. To like my reflection in the mirror
3. To feel comfortable sitting down (and not worry about my tummy rolls)
4. To fit back into 'slim' clothes I have in my wardrobe
5. To feel better about myself and gain confidence
6. To stop making excuses not to do things with friends or family (because I am so self conscious about my weight)
7. To be able to go for a meal without people thinking 'You should be having the salad love'
8. To not be called 'fat' all the time by random people
9. To be healthier and fitter
10. To go into shops and know they will have my size
11. To enjoy myself on holiday and feel comfortable, confident and happy
12. To make exercise easier to do
13. To go out in public and not worry about someone shouting a random insult at me
14. To feel attractive again
15. For my family and husband to be proud of me
16. To prove I do have willpower
17. To help motivate others too
18. To be able to wear tops without a cardigan
19. To wear shorts
20. To wear swimwear
21. To not have backache from sleeping (this is a new one since gaining weight!)
22. To wear nice boots that actually do up over my calves!
23. To run around with my niece and nephew and not be out of breath
24. To go up to the fourth floor at university and not feel like I'm going to die
25. To be able to eat the odd treat without someone judging me
26. To be less envious of other people and stop comparing myself to them
27. To go to parties and not feel like the biggest one there
28. To dance at parties/in clubs and not worry that people are laughing etc
29. To wear clothes because they show off my figure instead of hide it
30. To be happy!

These are just a few, there are tons more. But each lb I lose will bring me closer to achieving things on this list!

Been out for a bike ride today, we only did 4miles, so a quick one as the track was thick mud! I've had a caramel shake and lemon bar up to now, will have a spag bol and broccoli for tea and see how I go on that. I do need to up my water intake though, I've only had 2 pints today roughly, so need to drink at least two more before bed. It's so cold though!!

Last edited:
Slim and Save Round 2 - The gloves are off!

Good luck with your journey Hun! I'm starting tomorrow and I'm really excited! I'm so tired of being fat! I love your reasons to lose weight. I can put my name down by every single one of them!

Re: Slim and Save Round 2 - The gloves are off!

Sounds like you're doing well. Love the list!

Thanks everyone, day 2 went well, though the harsh truths of not doing much exercise are setting in... I have aching knees this morning and all through the night! Shameful... but I have scale movement so I'm happy. As previously mentioned, I am fri-sun off plan as we are heading down south for a wedding Friday, well travelling fri, and the wedding is sat, we have already paid for breakfast so will be having it, will try and be good though... So my official weigh in this week will be Friday morning before we set off, so will be after only 4 days on plan... I don't plan to weigh in every week as I know from last time I can be disappointed if the scales haven't budged much in the 7 days, so hope to weigh in every couple of weeks. Work today until 2, so will be taking a bar with me this time. So glad I am not working in an office again, last year when doing this diet, I worked with a bunch of cake loving ladies, and one would bring a new cake in every few days, homemade and looking amazing! I had to just tuck into my packs whilst everyone was stuffing in cake, thankfully I will be mostly out of the way of temptation this time around!

Last edited:
Day 4 now, then off for the weekend away. I will weigh in tomorrow before I go away will only have been 4 days but I feel less bloated which is nice for the weekend! I really wanted to start after this weekend away but thought it could have been and extra few lbs on the scales to drop, so started before, may seem pointless but I am thinking of it as damage control lol... off to work for the day now!

I'm back.... Had my little sister staying with us since our weekend away, safe to say the s&s packs stayed in their box since then. I am back at day 1 today, with 10 weeks until my holiday. I went to a bike ride this morning and I am getting rid of my car this week so I will be walking/biking everywhere too! I am not going to be weighing in very often as mentioned before, as I want to concentrate on how my clothes fit, inch loss etc...

I had a caramel shake for breakfast, and a lemon bar just now, also had 2 pints of water so far.

Re: Luna's s&s diary 10 week challenge!

My lemon bars come soon I hope as ive been suffering with truffle bars that are out of date ha ha just like a few other of my packs ha ha.

But they need to be eaten so down the hatch.

How many packs are you having im doing the 4 packs a day x

I am doing 3 per day and will have tuna/egg salad if I feel I need it, prob will on days I bike to and from work x

Re: Luna's s&s diary 10 week challenge!

Makes it more normal I did a few days of salmon and salad but got bored of making food so havent had any for a while.

But this friday bf wants to take me out for a meal he accepts im on diet and said he will take me out for a chicken salad so ill eat that on friday.

Ok so today...

Breakfast - Caramel Shake hot
Lunch - Lemon bar
Tea - Spag bol with mushrooms and broccoli - YUM!

I am only doing 3 packs most days, so that's me for the day, I intend to go and get some zero drinks in again, Dr pepper got me through the first time around, so will be stocking up on that again!

Back