100 days of exercise!

I know I'm late...but can I join...please! I actually quite enjoy exercise and definitely find it easier to exercise than diet!

So I'm also going to commit to 30 mins of daily activity :)

Day 1

Went to the gym...25 mins treadmill run walk intervals, and a few other bits...squats, shoulder press, lat pull down, calf raises and ab rolls on the Swiss ball, and a side swingy thing that I don't know the name of!

I know I'm late...but can I join...please! I actually quite enjoy exercise and definitely find it easier to exercise than diet!

So I'm also going to commit to 30 mins of daily activity :)

Day 1

Went to the gym...25 mins treadmill run walk intervals, and a few other bits...squats, shoulder press, lat pull down, calf raises and ab rolls on the Swiss ball, and a side swingy thing that I don't know the name of!

yay, I've been waiting for someone to join me :) well done on your gym session, I've missed mine today as I felt awful this morning after too much wine last night! I'm glad I still got a walk in though :)

Wow you do loads at the gym :)

I get carried away with it when I'm in there, I'm limited with when I can go so try to get in as much as I can when I do. I've started with weight training now too so am aiming to do 1 hour of cardio for the calorie burn and then 30 minutes of weights for toning!

day 34 - 60 minutes on the cross trainer plus day one of the 30 day plank challenge

Day 2/100

30 min walk. Boring!

It's half term so going to struggle to get decent exercise in as kids around. Gonna make a plan (won't stick to it...never do, but it helps to have thought about it!)

Mon - 2 mile run, abs DVD
Tues - gym (treadmill intervals & weights routine)
Wed - 30 mins spinning
Thurs - 2 mile run, poss yoga
Fri - abs blast class (30 mins), spin class (45 mins)
Sat - either run/walk or gym depending on how I feel
Sun - walk

Day 2/100

30 min walk. Boring!

It's half term so going to struggle to get decent exercise in as kids around. Gonna make a plan (won't stick to it...never do, but it helps to have thought about it!)

Mon - 2 mile run, abs DVD
Tues - gym (treadmill intervals & weights routine)
Wed - 30 mins spinning
Thurs - 2 mile run, poss yoga
Fri - abs blast class (30 mins), spin class (45 mins)
Sat - either run/walk or gym depending on how I feel
Sun - walk

your plan looks good for the week. ... If I have my daughter at home the best I manage is a quick walk round the park or playing on the wii! I have a cross trainer in the spare room which I've dug out today. ... getting her to leave me to get on with it for an hour today was a nightmare! !!

It's so hard with kids, but my ex is babysitting tues & fri which is why I have to plan. My short runs are generally accompanied by my kids on bikes! And i can sneak to the gym when they're having their swimming lessons. It's a juggling act which is why in need to plan, but there are definitely more options than when they were smaller (they're 9 & 10...too young to leave but much more adaptable) Few years time and I won't even need to worry any more!

Oh and I have a spin bike at home which is my back up option!! And a million exercise DVDs ive collected over the years!

I manage my gym sessions when my daughter is at her dad's, she's only 7 so it's difficult to work around her sometimes! I swim when she does which is great.... She always wants to join in when I'm doing stuff at home Wick is great but at the same time really annoying! !!!

Hi I've been looking for a thread like this. I'm following Chris Powell's plan which exercise and food combined - I'm just starting week 4 - I do a minimum 30 mins 6 days a week.

I juggle gym sessions with work and 3 kids and some of my 30 mins are with the kids on just dance or wii fit. I'm also exercising round a joint condition which means I'm in some pain everyday but pain will reduce as I get stronger and my muscles support me better.

My rest day is a Saturday. Went to the gym yesterday and rediscovered some back muscles from kettle bell swings!
I'm trying to decide whether to find some childcare Thursday morning so I can do my pilates class - essential for me and life keeps getting in the way.

So pleased to have found a good exercise thread ☺

Hi I've been looking for a thread like this. I'm following Chris Powell's plan which exercise and food combined - I'm just starting week 4 - I do a minimum 30 mins 6 days a week.

I juggle gym sessions with work and 3 kids and some of my 30 mins are with the kids on just dance or wii fit. I'm also exercising round a joint condition which means I'm in some pain everyday but pain will reduce as I get stronger and my muscles support me better.

My rest day is a Saturday. Went to the gym yesterday and rediscovered some back muscles from kettle bell swings!
I'm trying to decide whether to find some childcare Thursday morning so I can do my pilates class - essential for me and life keeps getting in the way.

So pleased to have found a good exercise thread ☺

hi, I'm glad to have people joining me on this one. ...I felt a little bit crazy doing it on my own! !!!

His book is Choose to Lose, 7 day carb cycling - on Kindle. He's one of the 'Obese a year to save your life' presenters. Whilst I'm not very overweight I really like the plan as it has the exercise in it and is really flexible. Food wise it's pretty easy - healthy breakfast with carbs every day then alternate days lowering carbs the rest of the day and one day off completely. 5 meals a day. Its explained on his website but I needed the book to get my head around it. Eating more is scary!! Lost 3 lb in 3 weeks but toning up too and feels great moving more!

Hi everyone,

Can I join? I usually run daily and go for an evening walk but occasionally (once a fortnight/month) have a walking only day or do a Rosemary Conley workout DVD. I got a folding exercise bike last week and still haven't put it up but am looking forward to using that too! I also have a gym-type skipping rope with a calorie counter on it but found that I was getting shin pain from using it! I would swim but have germ/contamination OCD and the local swimming pool changing rooms are grose!

I know what you mean about swimming pools - mine is ok luckily! I'm trying to decide if 2 hrs of kids room tidying is the equivalent to 30 mins exercise? !?!?!?

The kids room tidying is definitely worthy!!! It's prob more energetic that a relaxed walk :)

Thanks for the Chris Powell info, good luck with it :)

Back