Extra Easy 100% on plan but stayed the same :-(

limmy

I was 100% on plan, a poster child for sw, kept my diary to the t.....bounced into class expecting them to tell me I'd lost like 4½lbs.....no.....not compound did I loose.

To say I'm devastated is an understatement, felt like I'd been punched in the stomach, ok bit dramatic, but you know where I'm going.

Why did I stay the same? I couldn't have hit plateau already surely, I've another 1½st to go.

Any words if wisdom welcome lads & ladies

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

When it comes to weight loss, our bodies are not predictable machines! The most important thing is to stay just as committed this week and at next week's WI you should see a good result. I often maintained or even gained a little during my journey, despite sticking to the plan 100% the entire time, and it did used to annoy me when the person weighing me would say "Ooh, so what did you do wrong this week?" :mad:
Just keep going and the weight WILL come off!

Thanks lardylady!

Ya the girl weighing me frowned & looked disappointed....& then whispered nothing had come off.

I'm determined to stay 100% on plan, I genuinely enjoy eating in slimming world way.

Think I'm just deflated as I'd declined 3 different offers of take aways & alcohol in the week, made huge pot of soup for lunch & snacking on &.....nothing, Nada. Hope I have decent loss next week

I agree with lardylady, sometimes the scales don't reflect what has went on during the week. There are lots of reasons why the scale might not have reflected your hard work - you might just be retaining water (did you have something salty the day before?). Hope the scale shows you the loss you deserve next week!

Perhaps you lost inches rather than pounds? I found that when I had a maintain that I had often lost half inch from my waist or an inch from my hips etc.

Denise

Im so sorry to hear you had a disappointing week, there's nothing worse especially when you're feeling so positive. There are a few things that could be contributing:

Is star week coming up? could be water retention from that or from food.
Have you eaten enough? I have seen people be so annoyed from gaining but looking back on their food diaries they were eating next to nothing.
Have you started exercising this week, again it could be water retention (you might also have lost inches not lbs)
Have you started eating something new?
Last of all (and please don't be mad) are you SURE everything was 100% are you sure your healthy extras aremeasured correctly included on the lists (we've had a veteran come in with a weight gain and it turned out she was eating a bread that wasnt classed as a hexB everyday!) maybe drinking flavoured water? (its crazy high in syns) or counting peas as SF when theyre only free? (I was guilty of this for 2 weeks!)

Could you give your food diary into your consultant to double check you're getting enough and not having hidden syns? Its part of the service you pay for and could help you :)

I so hope you manage to figure it out but either way carry on sticking to plan and enjoying your food, it will work :) .x.x.

Hi

No, not star week, I ate my usual amounts maybe more sf actually with meals, ate a lot of salads for some reason.

Was defo 100%, without fail.....all my hex's are measured out each morning before I have breakfast so I know where I am for rest of the day. Any syns were calculated, no guestimates.....

Honestly everything was spot on!!!

I feel your pain! I lost 5lbs in my 1st weigh in last week even tho i didnt stick 100% but this week ive done it perfectly and have gained 2lbs! She thinks its last week catching up but i only ate a few pieces of extra toast (dry no butter) as it was the only thing that helps my morning sickness :(

I must admit that I was disappointed this week at my weigh in. 100% on plan, plenty of exercise, felt really optimistic. Lost 1.5lb and was gutted. Sat afterwards wondering what I have to do to get the weight off quicker (I put on almost 3 stone during chemotherapy). I've realised that it might just be one of those things and that next week, it might be better. Just got to keep going and not get disheartened x x good luck for next weigh in x x

I would check the brand that youve been drinking on lifeline online and find the syns. Some may be free but I think it was the volvic 'hint of' range that was something like 5 syns for 500ml! You could always get sparkling water and add cordial (heck of a lot cheaper too asdas own water is 17p for 2 litres!)

Back