100% on plan for two weeks from 18 June

Cee - I have a personal trainer. Mainly weights and boot camp. Going to start running, I did run loads a few years ago. I lose weight sooooooo slowly though as have pcos Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

How long has it taken you to lose the weight you've lost so far? I have pcos as well. Makes me worry that if I lose weight too slow I'll give up. Eek I sound so negative! I am pumped and really wanna do this and lose the weight. Just worry sometimes yanno.

Took me 3 months to lose just under 3 stone. Spent 3 months maintaining and then come back for the last bit but it's sooooo slow being back on. 1lb a week for the last 2 weeks on ss so switching to 1000 cals with protein and some products. Cross between step 3 and the paleo diet.

Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Forgot to say - this is the best diet for pcos. Restricting carbs works the best for that.

That sounds like a good plan Liz. I was doing paleo before I started cambridge. But wasn't losing, just not gaining!

Pleased you lost fairly quick first time round :)

When's everyone's next weigh day? :)

All you can eat Indian buffet.
I ain't gonna lie, it was lush!!
Expecting to lose about 2lb today with trips to the loo. Haha.

Anne xx

So weighed in this morning a and gained the lb id lost the other day so total weight loss this week is nothing!!! Lost only a lb last week so in 2 weeks I've lost 1lb. Feel really down about it :-( tested for ketosis just to make sure and defo in it so god knows what's going on. My body just doesn't want to lose weight. I'm now 11lb from goal. Had so green veg and protein last night. My body is useless!!!! People cheat and lose more than me. Not good.

I can guarantee it's the amount of exercise you're doing. You may not be losing weight but I bet you're losing inches. Muscle weighs heavier than fat and it also raises the metabolism so just carry on doing what you're doing and you'll see the results. Maybe concentrate less on the numbers and more on how you are shrinking?
You're doing epic Liz, don't let it get you down.

Anne xx

Anne is right Liz. Keep on going girl, you've done amazing so far :) like Anne said you're most likely building muscle from all that gym time you've put in. Stick with it and you'll see a change :) xx

Liz, it maybe coz you're so near to your goal, its harder (apparently) to shift the last, and doing lots of exercise your body must be changing for the better.

You've come so far, don't give up or be down about it. x

I'm almost positive that if you managed to lose near on 3 stone in 12 weeks it'll be the exercise.

Although the closer you get to goal the lower your BMR will be and the less weight you'll lose, we're probably talking about half a lb max.

I still lose pretty much the same as I did at a BMI of 32 despite floating around a BMI of 25.

If the toning is more important than the number on the scales I seriously think you should get a measuring tape and keep track of inches instead. Losses are losses regardless of if they show on the scales.

Otherwise, I guess you'd have to give up exercise to get to your weight goal and then start toning.

I think you need to decide what's better for you to keep you on track.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

Thanks for all the replies. Had a personal training session this morn and she's put me on 1200 calories but following the paleo diet so will still stay in ketosis as I'm not to have fruit yet either. She also said I'm not to weigh myself for 4 weeks then she'll weigh me and measure me plus do the body fat thing again. As of last week when I started my body fat was 37 so need to get that down. Feeling better now. She said that it's the body fat and conditioning of your body that's important after you've lost loads of weight not the actual weight. She said that she has friends who are size 10's that have really high body fat where as she's a size 10, slightly bigger than them but has a really lean body. Feeling better now :)

Thanks for all the replies. Had a personal training session this morn and she's put me on 1200 calories but following the paleo diet so will still stay in ketosis as I'm not to have fruit yet either. She also said I'm not to weigh myself for 4 weeks then she'll weigh me and measure me plus do the body fat thing again. As of last week when I started my body fat was 37 so need to get that down. Feeling better now. She said that it's the body fat and conditioning of your body that's important after you've lost loads of weight not the actual weight. She said that she has friends who are size 10's that have really high body fat where as she's a size 10, slightly bigger than them but has a really lean body. Feeling better now :) Total loss on cambridge - 2 stone 11lb :)

Ahh okay. That's good then that she's helping getting it sorted for you :D nuffink to worry about now then eh? Well apart from working out etc! I think I'd have to literally get rid of my scales and tape measures to prevent myself from checking for four weeks!!

Glad you're feeling better though chuck :)

Thanks hun. To be honest ill prob still weigh but won't let it get me down as much.
How you doing today?

That's good. You gotta just remember how brilliant you've done already and how you've only got a little bit left to go! You've done most of the work already :)

I'm doing good today. Think I might be in ketosis? How can I tell? Haha. At day 4 done I think I should be... Right?!

Yeah you'll be going into it. Have you felt rough? Cold? Funny taste? Day 5 was rough for me and day 10 too so just stick with it. X

Back