100% on plan for two weeks from 18 June

Well done kiwi :) you are a saint!!!
I was out drinking last night, feeling it this morn!!! Longest ever run yesterday 18km!! Was tough but managed to run the whole way. Have started to have them running gels on my long runs, had one at 13km and deffo helped as felt so good when I got in. Lazy Sunday for me. Hope you all have a good day. X

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

Well done Kiwi, you're truly saintly!

I still have a rotten cold and barely moved yesterday. I suspect today will be as bad! Feel rubbish. Feel like I've added half a stone! Hubby is trying to look after me but he's a bit clueless when it comes to the food he's offering! He offered me sugar puffs for breakfast. Poor thing has no idea!

Well done on the run Liz! That's a long way. The longest I've ever done is 10 miles, no idea how long that is in km! Brilliant going. When are you doing your race?

Xxx

Thanks both.

Decided after my gain last week to have a few treats yesterday to try and give my metabolism a boost. Will see if it works come Sat weigh in. I have 4 solid weeks with no social events to be 100% so hopefully with that and increasing my running distances I can make a dent down into my new target, I'm still below my original target so happy but I want more :)

Hope you all had a nice weekend xx

Monday morning official weigh in - 143.75 for me so a lb up on Friday due to my weekend activities but I'm 0.5 lbs down on last Monday. Also TOTM so here's hoping for a drop mid week. Started today with 2 boiled eggs and a cup of melon. Starvin already lol! Better start getting a couple of litres of water into me. Have a couple of slices of baked ham and mixed veg mash for lunch on my desk and then have homemade soup at home for tea. Onwards and downwards ladies. I'm out of cambridge shakes so I'm weaning myself off and see how I go. It's been a year!!!

Are you still drinking plenty of water, stretching after your runs and a bit of self massage or using a roller Liz? Sometime you just store extra fluid around healing muscles and your longer runs will cause that to happen temporarily. Giving your metabolism a boost is a good idea though with how much brilliant exercise you're doing!

Well done and keep going!

I lost 1lb this week but with this cold I'm not surprised it's not much. Hoping the next couple of weeks will see a better loss. I'm on call so that tends to help weirdly.
Xxx

Xxx

Well done on your running lovely!

I think that allowing some treats might just "kick start" your body into working on losses...

xx

Half a lb is still half a lb kiwi! Given totm and weekend activities then that's not too shabby at all!!! I'm sure you'll get the midweek drop!

Xxx

Yes drinking loads of water, at least 2.5 litres a day. When I was growing up we weren't allowed juice or fizz as my brother has diabetes so I've always been good with water. I stretch a little but not as much as I should. I used one of them rollers at the gym, should get one for home. Do you really hold that much water in muscles?

Well done on your loses Kiwi and Tigg. This is deffo turning into the maintenance thread!! So pleased we are all still here and haven't gone back to our old ways!!

I really have the running bug, I'm sitting here in work looking out the window wishing I was out there running!! Can't wait to get home and go out x

Yes drinking loads of water, at least 2.5 litres a day. When I was growing up we weren't allowed juice or fizz as my brother has diabetes so I've always been good with water. I stretch a little but not as much as I should. I used one of them rollers at the gym, should get one for home. Do you really hold that much water in muscles? Well done on your loses Kiwi and Tigg. This is deffo turning into the maintenance thread!! So pleased we are all still here and haven't gone back to our old ways!! I really have the running bug, I'm sitting here in work looking out the window wishing I was out there running!! Can't wait to get home and go out x

Sounds like you're doing most things right Liz. def get a roller for home. It hurts but it's the closest to a sports massage you can get at home. You can hold a lot of post exercise water. I've been going to physios for years (had chronic compartment syndrome since 1998 and an op for it in 2006) so have spent a lot of time learning about what makes things better!

Really glad you're enjoying the running Liz. I find it really hard but I just love the simplicity of it!

Xxx

This is def the "Maintenance Log" - I love reading how you're all getting on!

Kiwi, i'm totally with you and the Christmas "I can eat what I want and loose it in a week" mentality. January was such a struggle for me and i've begun February 5lb up from my top target and ultimately 12lb away from my bottom target. Really wanted to be back there, but need to get my head back in the zone.

xx

I can't believe its 7 weeks since christmas and I'm still carrying christmas weight - it's definitely been a lesson and I think if I didn't have a recent lesson I'd have eaten takeaways all weekend! I'm still 4 lbs away from my pre christmas weight.

You'll get there Kiwi - I'm sure of it! Definitely a learning curve and pigging out at the weekend - like I did - is never going to help to get the losses I want! Straight and narrow from now on.

xx

Agree with the Christmas pig out thinking oh it's fine, I'll lose it again. I have but it's taken me longer than the eating time to lose it!!!

10KM last night in record time, 59:05 min's. Finally got it under the hour mark!! Was so happy. Trying to stop having so many carbs in the evening to see if that gives me a whoosh!! Fingers crossed.

How's everyone getting on? x

I'm with you all on the Christmas overload. We have three Christmases (my family, his extended family and then his family again). But next year I will just have the one and enjoy it!

Well done on the sub hour 10k! That's brilliant!

Xxx

I made a chicken curry last night, heavy on the meat and veg, light on sauce. For a sauce I mixed a carton of low fat natural yogurt with a can of tomatoes, onion and green peppers and some tesco tikka curry powder. Popped in 6 chicken fillets and baked it for two hours. It's delish and will do dinner tonight and lunch tomorrow for everyone. I'm really pleased I'm reminding myself how I used to cook since switching jobs and having more time at home. Now I just need to up the exercise to go with the new eating plan.

That sounds really good kiwi ;-)

Glad all is well on the maintenance wagon.

Nothing major to report for me. 10km run tonight, deffo need a rest day tomorrow as legs feel tired tonight. No potatoes with my dinner, bought some carrot and swede mash as an alternative. Really want a whoosh this week plz!!! X

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

it was frozen stuff that you pop in the microwave, really nice but the pack says 6 servings, deffo not 6 servings!!!

yes another 10km :) I said to my other half last night I'm having a rest day from running today and then said I might do some weights. His face, he was like it's called a REST day lol. I think I'll just put my feet up. Still no movement on the scales :-( Still up that 2lb from last week!!

How you getting on Flic? x

Back