100% on plan for two weeks from 18 June

I'd forgotten it was valentines tomorrow! Thanks for the reminder kiwi! Oh and I'm sure that a smidge off from last weigh in! All is good! Enjoy tomorrow.

I haven't been dieting wholly whist trying to recover however I haven't put anything on so that's ok. I'm off out for a walk this morning to try to clear my head a bit. With the hope that if I can manage a walk in the woods this morning I can run later!

I have been told that my sinuses might take another few weeks to clear up. If they don't then I have to go to the doc and get antibiotics or whatever. I can't wait that long to get back on track so sod the sinuses I'm back on the getting slimmer wagon (with a little bit of help from ibuprofen on occasion!).

Liz I'm sure your legs are fab! Better to be fit than just skinny! Running helps your bones age better and exercise keeps your brain healthier for longer too!

Hope you all have good days!

Xxx

Well done Kiwi - hope you have a nice meal out :)

Tigg - the sinuses sound horrible!! Did you try any nasal sprays? Hope your better soon? What plan are you currently following?

Been doing some research on food to eat whilst training for the marathon and Almonds came up as did berries and Yoghurt amongst others. Going to add them into my day and stop so much fruit to see what happens. Might buy frozen berries, watched a thing on BBC1 last night about saving money on food and this was a top tip to save on waste and money. Might also changed one or 2 evening meals to protein only like omelettes or steak and veg to see if that helps. I will only do this when I'm not running the next day. Will let you know how I get on.

Was planning on having a nice meal tomorrow night and not worrying what I eat. as going to get an M&S dine in but don't think I will now. Will stick to it as I can not have another gain!! Even though I'm not gaining fat it is still very disheartening!!

Last thing - does anyone know how I would tell if I had water retention? My mum mentioned it as she has it and I've noticed my socks leave digging in marks on my ankles the last week and they look a bit puffy. x

I think your diet choices are good Liz. Good luck!

As for the water retention I think you have some of the signs. So weight gain despite good diet, things like socks etc being tight. Do you feel bloated or is your skin holding an indent for longer on your legs? I know I've asked this before but what is your post running routine? Lots of exercise can result in a bit of water retention but stretching can help. As a bare minimum I would lie on the floor with your bum against a wall and your legs straight up the wall from your hip after a run for a couple of minutes. It helps to drain some of the fluid that collects there. Other than that the recommendations are to up protein and lower salt. Are you properly replacing your electrolytes after long runs? Not just mid run carb gels but electrolytes as well? A lack of potassium can cause water retention too!

The local pharmacy didn't have a nasal spray so I'm off to another one today. I enjoyed my walk this morning so if nothing else I know I can walk and just enjoy that but I miss my running. I have my next race in May so plenty of time to get ready for that. I'm thinking of signing up for a sprint distance triathlon too. I signed up a couple of years back but then had a car accident to week before I was supposed to do it. Thinking now might be the right time!

As for plan at the moment I have been calorie counting just to not gain anything whilst trying to feel better. As of today though in going to do a 5:2 I think. Mainly because I'm struggling with getting exercise in but don't want to go full Cambridge as I have too many event over the next couple of weeks (2 family birthdays including a 60th, engagement party and a leaving do!) and I know some of them involve meals out. I will use Cambridge on my fast days as I'll know that they're nutritionally complete so don't have to worry about that.

Xxx

Last edited:
To be honest, I'm not very good at stretching and don't do much after than having a shower and eating. I have the electrolyte dissolvable tabs indoors I think. Might try them. Anything good to eat after that has potassium? Or should I get a specific drink with it? Need to get a roller too. Would you do it after a 10km? I don't consider the 10km's as long now as I do a few a week but wondering if I should.

What race are you doing in May?

Your plan sounds good. How far are you from your target? Not far I didn't think xx

I'll post to your comment on yours now Liz!

Really interesting what you're saying about water retention Tigg - I've never known how to tell, so will keep that in mind once I start running more...

I LOVE frozen fruit Liz - this morning my breakfast was mixed berries, cold porridge (made with water) which is my 150cal breakfast (weighed and measured on MFP) then add Total 0% yoghurt and 1/2 shake. It's so luxurious and tasty. I mix it up with blueberries and sometimes exotic fruit mix too (though you don't get anywhere near as much fruit!) I think that Waitrose has the best selection i've come across, but haven't tried Morrisons or a big tesco (just a small one.) I bought some frozen cherries from Tescos yesterday, so looking forward to trying those tomorrow!

Coconut water's full of pottasium - I love it but it is a little pricy, and not strictly CWP, but might be good after runs for you?

xx

To be honest, I'm not very good at stretching and don't do much after than having a shower and eating. I have the electrolyte dissolvable tabs indoors I think. Might try them. Anything good to eat after that has potassium? Or should I get a specific drink with it? Need to get a roller too. Would you do it after a 10km? I don't consider the 10km's as long now as I do a few a week but wondering if I should. What race are you doing in May? Your plan sounds good. How far are you from your target? Not far I didn't think xx

You should definitely stretch after runs. Bananas have lots of potassium in them and the tabs are good especially after long runs. I would probably roll once a week. It hurts. But it does you good. 10km isn't long but you still need to remember you've been on your feet for an hour and then stopped so lots of fluids head to your legs! On you back with your feet in the air isn't exactly ladylike but it works! Or try cold baths or run the cold shower over your legs. Makes you dance like an idiot in the shower but does you good!

I'm not far from target and I was doing well at maintenance having reached goal last summer but I just got flummoxed by holiday/Xmas and illness in short succession. I put on a total of 10lbs over target since my holiday just before Xmas. I will get rid of the extra but I just have struggled with my mojo with feeling ill since Xmas. On my walk today I went up a big hill and my breathing was pretty bad so I'm still not over my cold yet! It's very annoying.
Xxx

Thanks both for your comments :) Will deffo try the frozen berries Flic.

Tigg - I'm going to try the legs up against the wall tonight and then after my runs. I was actually thinking about the cold bath thing, I've joined this running page on facebook and loads do it after long runs. Will try that and the legs up the wall thing :)

The main thing is your here and accountable for your weight. We have seen too many people get to target and then return. Maintenacne is the hardest part. We will all get there I'm sure :) xx

Thanks both for your comments :) Will deffo try the frozen berries Flic. Tigg - I'm going to try the legs up against the wall tonight and then after my runs. I was actually thinking about the cold bath thing, I've joined this running page on facebook and loads do it after long runs. Will try that and the legs up the wall thing :) The main thing is your here and accountable for your weight. We have seen too many people get to target and then return. Maintenacne is the hardest part. We will all get there I'm sure :) xx

As I tend to shower I just run cold water through the shower head and hold it in my hand to run it on my legs. It works quite well.

I'm 9stone 10 atm so not too bad really but I like being 9stone and I'll just have to put the work in again to get back there.

I've just bought two difference nasal sprays from the pharmacy. One is a saline and the other has some sort of active ingredient in it! Hoping one works!

Xxx

Was just on the running page I go on and someone was saying about putting your legs in the air (apparently like when your trying for a baby lol) saying how it helps with fluid/lactic acid. Trying it deffo.

Have the nasal sprays helped? I use them quite a bit!!

So I'm tempted to sign up for the mk full marathon!!! Really would love too but nervous. It's on 04/05!!! Decisions decisions:) x

Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

Was just on the running page I go on and someone was saying about putting your legs in the air (apparently like when your trying for a baby lol) saying how it helps with fluid/lactic acid. Trying it deffo. Have the nasal sprays helped? I use them quite a bit!! So I'm tempted to sign up for the mk full marathon!!! Really would love too but nervous. It's on 04/05!!! Decisions decisions:) x Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

I've been running for about 5 years. Mostly huffing around really but I've been reading about what to do for the best for years in Runners World magazine. Definitely legs up! And there are lots of different roller out there too. I get a bit of itb so roll my legs once a week when running regularly. Hubby was so worried about the noises the first time I did it he came in to check on me. It hurts but after it feels solo good!

You know I think they have. The saline one sort of washes you out and then I use the other one a bit later and that stops me feeling quite so bunged up!

Oooh! A marathon! You should definitely do one you seem to be a running natural. Just do it as you feel like it! So if you think the mk one would be the right time then go for it. If not there's no shortage of other options out there!!!

Xxx

Liz I was reading last night that drinking lemon green tea is really good for minimising water retention.

Really? I actually have some, I will give it a go. Thx kiwi :)

So went of for my run this morning and felt so good I ran half marathon!!! Felt good. Got in and layer on the floor with my legs against the wall for about ten mins. Couldn't get them straight though as they were tight. I then ran an ice cold bath, put both feet in but was agony! Like the worst cramp ever, managed about 3 x 1 mins with just my feet and ankles in. Not sure it will do any good but who knows. Eaten a naked protein bar, strawberry. Was delicious!! Then had 2 boiled eggs and toast. Protein me up lol.

Tigg - how you feeling today? The sinus sprays deffo help xx

Really? I actually have some, I will give it a go. Thx kiwi :) So went of for my run this morning and felt so good I ran half marathon!!! Felt good. Got in and layer on the floor with my legs against the wall for about ten mins. Couldn't get them straight though as they were tight. I then ran an ice cold bath, put both feet in but was agony! Like the worst cramp ever, managed about 3 x 1 mins with just my feet and ankles in. Not sure it will do any good but who knows. Eaten a naked protein bar, strawberry. Was delicious!! Then had 2 boiled eggs and toast. Protein me up lol. Tigg - how you feeling today? The sinus sprays deffo help xx Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

Wow!!! Half marathon just for fun!?! You should definitely go for a full marathon then!

The cold baths are agony. That's why I do the cold shower. It's a bit Hokey Cokey but I generally manage about 5-10 minutes. If you're getting tight you need to start stretching properly to stop the tightness. Hope it all helps! Sounds like you have had good replenishment food too.

Sinuses are better. I'm on call for the next week and a half but I am going to run in the afternoons when I'm not called out!

Happy valentines to everyone too!!! Hubby is cooking steak and green veg for me tonight and we are having sparkling water with it because I'm on call so can't have any vino!

Hope you all have great days!

Xxx

Really not sure on the full just yet. My legs keep seizing up after just a half.

So pleased your feelings bit better, what do you do? If you don't mind me asking?

Steak snd green veg sounds nice. We're having chicken with veg. Went to m&s but completely out of the dine in!!! Got a bottle of champagne off my other half so may have half a glass. He looks champagne, I'm sure he bought it more for himself lol.

After my run I weighed myself, I'd lost 3lb!! Will only be water and not a true reflection but wish it was. Xx

Really not sure on the full just yet. My legs keep seizing up after just a half. So pleased your feelings bit better, what do you do? If you don't mind me asking? Steak snd green veg sounds nice. We're having chicken with veg. Went to m&s but completely out of the dine in!!! Got a bottle of champagne off my other half so may have half a glass. He looks champagne, I'm sure he bought it more for himself lol. After my run I weighed myself, I'd lost 3lb!! Will only be water and not a true reflection but wish it was. Xx Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

If you can do a half as a training run then a full will be something to aim for! But start stretching and your legs will feel better after running.

I'm a forensic fire investigator. I get called out when there's been a fire to help with what happened. Hubby has even offered to cook the food tonight! That's pretty good by his standards!

It will be water weight in part but you're probably have lost something. I was once told "a pint of water weights a pound and a quarter" so you've probably sweated out a fair bit but some could well be actual loss!

Xxx

Wow - your job is amazing. In a way though I bet you hope you hope that you don't get called out as it means there's been a fire :-/ Must be hard at times too xx

Fingers crossed there's a small drop!!

Hope your having a nice evening. I'm off to bed!! Xxx

Wow - your job is amazing. In a way though I bet you hope you hope that you don't get called out as it means there's been a fire :-/ Must be hard at times too xx Fingers crossed there's a small drop!! Hope your having a nice evening. I'm off to bed!! Xxx Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

I love my job. Yes it's hard at times but I generally love what I do! I was on telly a couple of weeks ago doing some fire demos. Basically I'm a pyro but I get paid for it!

Early night for you! Hope you have a good one.

Xxx

Morning all :)

I remember you saying about being on telly!! Did you get called out?

2lb off this morning from yesterday's pre run. I'm not holding my breath that it will stay off though, if it's still gone tomorrow I'll celebrate!!

Morning all :) I remember you saying about being on telly!! Did you get called out? 2lb off this morning from yesterday's pre run. I'm not holding my breath that it will stay off though, if it's still gone tomorrow I'll celebrate!! Total loss - 3 stone 12lb :)

I'm just grabbing a cup of tea before heading out in the rain to a fatal.

2lb off this morning sounds more like it!

Xxx

Back