100% on plan for two weeks from 18 June

Proud of you Liz. I'm amazed at how much running you are doing a week now.

Ladies - are any of you on daily vitamins with the reduced calories?

Running's going well thanks! Pushed myself last night to do more running than the c25k program specified last night - this week seemed pretty tame with the plan and i'd done more last week so I just thought i'd go for it and see what happened. I ran much more and was really excited to see how much faster I was on my route than when I did it on Thursday last week, but my app gps failed and only logged half of it! Disaster! It's definitely making me more competitive with myself to see distances and times - when the blooming thing works!

Well done on your running Liz, and another loss. What diet difference did you make this week - was it just no pineapple and berries instead?

Glad to hear the sinuses are finally clearing Tigg - there's nothing worse. Enjoy your "2" day - I tried to do it pre-cambridge and it just didn't work for me...post Cambridge, I think i'd be able to do it no problem now. Do you use CWP products as part of your 500cals?

xx

Really hope it's worked for you Flic :) Hope todays ok for you.

Kiwi - no vitamins for me. I took fish oils for a while when I started running as it's meant o be good for you muscles and bones but then read online that you should have 8 a day for it to be beneficial but the tub said only 2 a day. I gave up on them after about 3 months!

Flic - that running is fab, well done. Disappointing about the GPS, you'll have to do it again :) xx

Forgot to say - Yes no pineapple and generally I've been having less fruit. Bought frozen berries shopping but I hated them, so sour!! Been having almonds and raisins as a snack. Plus the odd naked bar, they are so expensive though!! Annoys me how expensive healthy eating is!! xx

Why not make some of your own granola type bars Liz? There are loads of good clean eating recipes which don't use refined sugars so are probably better for you than the Naked ones?

I must admit, I so sometimes use sweetener with mixed berries, otherwise I find them quite sharp. At the moment, I have fruit with my breakfast which includes 1/2 a shake and i find that's generally sweet enough.

xx

I take a daily vitamin have done for ages. And as my family have a history of joint problems I take fish oil, glucosamine and chondroitin. No idea if they help but if I'm the only one without any issues I'll keep it up!

Yes I use Cambridge products on fast days because they fill me up better than 500 kcals of most other things. I had two Cambridge products and a salad in the evening on Monday so I'll do something similar today.

Well done on the running Liz and Flic. Both of you are doing really well. Interesting that you've lowered your fruit intake and the Wright is coming off again. I spoke to someone who told me that the governments 5 portions of fruit and veg a day was originally meant to be 9 portions and the majority should be veg! Seems to hold some truth.

I finally feel like myself again so I'm off for a run tonight before going for my diving session. Now my sinuses have cleared I can get back to it! Xxx

Second fast day done and a run (only 4 miles) and I feel good. Went back to my diving club today too. I can officially reveal that my sinuses are clear as I could equalise all the way down!

So tomorrow is a non fast day but I have Zumba for a bit of bum wiggling fun!

Xxx

Morning peeps!!! I'm so excited. 9 13.73 on the scales this morning. I've lost the guts of 4 lbs since Sunday and you can visibly see it in my clothes. This green tea business is amazing. I think it's thats it's curbing my appetite a bit as well. Onwards and downwards again today as I've a plan laden weekend with skinny friends who eat and drink what they want. Today I will be mostly low carbing. Plan for the day is 2 eggs for breakfast. Coffee and a handful of nuts at 10.30 when I get the munchies. Then roasted chicken for lunch with green leaves and some raisins in the afternoon plus 2 litres of water, 2 cups of green tea, some vitamins and a walk before bed.

Morning peeps!!! I'm so excited. 9 13.73 on the scales this morning. I've lost the guts of 4 lbs since Sunday and you can visibly see it in my clothes. This green tea business is amazing. I think it's thats it's curbing my appetite a bit as well. Onwards and downwards again today as I've a plan laden weekend with skinny friends who eat and drink what they want. Today I will be mostly low carbing. Plan for the day is 2 eggs for breakfast. Coffee and a handful of nuts at 10.30 when I get the munchies. Then roasted chicken for lunch with green leaves and some raisins in the afternoon plus 2 litres of water, 2 cups of green tea, some vitamins and a walk before bed.

That's brilliant Kiwi!!! You should deffo market this green tea diet! Really glad it's going well for you!

Xxx

*goes off to get another cup of green tea* Well done Kiwi - having a fab week!

Fab news about your ears too - you must be feeling better and to do a 4mile run on a fast day is brilliant.

xx

Great news on your sinuses Tiggs. In my mind I'd love to be into diving but in reality I'm too chicken and probably a bit claustrophobic. In my daydreams I'm going to be one of these cool mums when the 3 yr old is about 10 and we're going to do all these fab things together. In reality though she'll probably be too cool to hang around with me!

I think the green tea is just a little catalyst for me really this week rather than a miracle worker. I've been exercising more, cut right down on processed food and sugar and I've cut my calories by about 400 a day since Monday so it's a combination of things really. I'm eating 800-1000 calories at the moment, getting 30 mins exercise in a day and while it's unsustainable it's working in the short term. I also haven't been to a junk food outlet or a sweet shop since Monday. I'll probably do the same Mon to Fri again next week and then leave it at that. I'm only 6 lbs away now from the lowest I want to go anyway and I'm half a stone under my original Cambridge target.

Well done on your run Tigg - that's fab. Glad your sinuses are better too so you get to go Diving :)

Kiwi - that's AMAZING!!! The rest of us are literally off to make some lol.

Nothing to report for me, scales we not my friend this morning, 2lb back on for no reason. Hoping it's just a day blip as I feel quite bloated. 10KM planned for tonight so hopefully that'll help. My body is truly weird!!

I have my first race run this weekend - 10 miles. The weather forecast is awful, heavy rain and gales!! Typical :-( It's been so nice all week too!! x

I can't watch programs or films where people go caving and squeeze through tiny holes as I feel claustrophobic for them but I'm ok with the diving thing as you can still full your lungs and expand your chest. It's quite lovely and peaceful! I did a try dive first to see if I liked it.

You're similar to me then kiwi my head is now in the right place. I'm exercising, I'm healthy (for a change) and my diet has been good. I'm on call until Monday so I won't be tempted to have booze over the weekend but I will be going to the inlaws so we will be served more food than is necessary but I can say no. I had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning and I'm 2lbs down since Monday! So I must be on the right track!

Oh no Liz. Those pesky lbs. I'm sure that they'll come off again once you're less bloated. Have fun on your run tonight! Gales and torrential rain don't sound the best but hopefully it'll be a tailwind!

Xxx

A tailwind for Liz's run would be awesome wouldn't it lol! I like the glass half full attitude. It's 11.17 and the chicken is calling me. I need to hold out until 12 at least or I'll be across the road in McDonalds by 2. It's a curse only having McDonalds, KFC and a Costa Coffee in walking distance.

Tigg, you sound like you're doing well in that you've got your head back in the right place, which I so think makes a difference.

Liz, poor you and those pesky pounds. I wish our bodies were just simple and did what they were supposed to! I'm sure after a good run tonight, it'll sort itself out.

I'm planning on running tonight too - I think you get extra brownie points if you run when the weather's worse!

xx

Yes deffo harder to run in the wind, don't mind the rain but the wind makes it so much harder!!

Tigg - Zumba at lunchtime sounds good.

We are all turning into proper little fitness freaks :) Emphasise on the little as we are all skinny mini's now!!

Kiwi - Macdonald is evil, that's what I tell myself, as is KFC and burger king :) God I'm now thinking of burgers lol. I actually have the butchers own finest burgers from Tesco, the are so meaty and only a £1 for a huge one, I sometime just have 2 with salad for dinner. They are amaze.!! x

Zumba was fun. My business partner is skiing this week so I'm in the office alone most days. I have got loads done though!

I might work at home tomorrow to save me the drive. So hopefully I can run in daylight!

Xxx

Back