1000 plan, more or less.

I binged late last night.

On SATSUMAS left over from Christmas!!

Good grief. What a thing to binge on! I ate too many to count. And they were delicious and surpringly 'fresh' once I'd picked out the mouldy ones...

A binge knows no common sense! Ah well - back to the diet.

OMG binging on Satsumas of all things, lol. Hope your tummy coped well with them.

I must admit, I could think of MUCH better things to binge on (saffron cake and clotted cream comes to mind lol)

Hope your pain is subsiding a bit now hun xxx

To my delight I've lost six of the eight pounds I'd regained. Woo Hoo! Won't be long before I'm back on the road.

Satsumas!

Oh don't say saffron cake and clotted cream... mmmmm!

XX

Started back at college yesterday. At last I've returned to the Big World Out There.

I'm still a bit fragile and have pain but otherwise I'm raring to go.

I was super-good all day and evening. Then, an hour after bed, I was so hungry I couldn't stand it and I ate... three dry unfilled crusty rolls, at ten-minute intervals! Crazy.

Got to step up my activity gradually and focus on a modest goal of reaching my pre-accident weight and then paring-off a further 7lbs by the end of February. Let's see if I can do it!

Another 2lb off. Cool. I regained such a lot whilst bed-bound. So depressing, and when my gorgeous ex came to visit me over Dec 26/27 I had to be very brave and let him see the much chubbier, swollen and bruised-faced 'me'. Stripped me of a lot of my delicate confidence.

Today I put on one of my tight longish black slit skirts, tight black top, my biker boots and biker jacket, and walked into town. I felt almost good again.

Since I've been at college the rock-type clothes have had to take a back seat. The 'drama blacks', whilst flattering, are not 'alternative. Today I kinda felt like 'me' again. LOL.

So now - back to regular exercise and still hoping to take off another 5-7lb by the end of February.

Being stuck indoors for two months made me miserable. All last week the workmen were in my house, renovating. Last night the sudden silence and complete solitude started to get to me. Today was the same, which is why I went out. I can't take this loneliness any more. I'm going out tonight, to my local rock pub. Haven't been there in ages.

My injuries are still not healed, my poor right cheek and eye and arm still hurt but I am going out!

Have a good weekend, all.

ps!!

Gorgeous Ex just contacted me to say he is coming back in a couple of weeks' time. Woo Hoo! That is good news. I should be 'braving' the back of his bike, next time... Do I dare? ha ha.

Last edited:
Back.

Had a great time, danced my butt off.

Just before I went out my ex said online, FOR REAL, 'don't lose any more weight. You look great and I liked how you looked last time I was there. If you lose too much I'll call you Twiggy...' But he called me chubby when he was last here!! I go on and on about my weight at times so perhaps he was expecting a much thinner 'me'.

I realise now he was either joking or - as I now know and have alway suspected - he loves chubby ha ha. Not BIG - I am size 14. He adores curves, and I am lucky in that I have a busty, hourglass figure. Even so I have loose skin and I hate it.

!!!!!!!

And here was ME thinking he was put off cos I had regained weight... I am kinda staggered actually!

Last edited:
Still energised and positive after a refreshingly encouraging weekend. I began Saturday feeling down and lonely and took action to remedy both as far as possible. And it worked. Another valuable life lesson learned!

Again and again we are told to act on life, to DO forward-moving things and not just wait for them to happen to us. Sometimes we just can't take action but, wherever we can, we should. I'm glad that I did.

No Valentine Cards yesterday and none expected BUT I did get a nice out- -of-the-blue greeting from a handsome 'new' male friend and then, later in the day, a second, from another. Not the sort of Valentine's Day messages to set the world alight but better than none at all!

As a treat to myself on that special (cough) day I ordered a vegetable biriani and ate half. Mmmmmm. Since I eat takeaway food only two or three times per year it was hardly a pig-out. I also had a little vodka... Had a great laugh talking to my best friend, then pi**ed off the second and more important male by indulging in a mild joke he did not like. He got angry and stopped communicating with me. TBH that spoiled the evening. He just cannot take a joke, not even on a good day - and vodka sometimes makes me forget that.

Back to basics today, back to the diet. Have a good day everyone!

Had a very successful day yesterday, food-wise. It makes all the difference to how you view yourself and the world, though it perhaps shouldn't do. We all worry so much about how we look and how we come across to others. That's a big part of the problem - for me, at least.

Losing weight makes you much more confident and on that level alone it's worth the effort.

And eating foods you really enjoy, occasionally, can make it much easier to stick to a long-term diet or maintenance plan. Total denial, I think, encourages bingeing. The trick is to go easy on the 'fave food' and not eat enough for a lumberjack with a heavy work schedule. That old word - moderation! - springs to mind.

I agree with you Girly, life's about living not just dieting. For me calorie counting means you're not exempt from birthdays, celebrations, nights out/in or even a little treat for yourself.
The journey to goal maybe slower than some of the VLCD/ crash diets but I think easier to maintain in the long run.
However I think any form of weight loss is bloody hard work...and I wish everybody who tries to lose weight for their health and self esteem well.

Keep up with the good work Girly. :)

Love Boo x x

Back