ProPoints 100lbs to lose - Carriegirl21's Diary

Wow u are moving! Crazy stuff :) stupid scales!!! Petal have u gone bk to ur full pp and weeklies? Cx

I'm really pleased to see that you are so determined to keep going despite all the upheaval going on - well done you :)

The move to Canada sounds exciting in that it gives you a chance to make a totally fresh start and decide to be whoever you want to be. No one there knows whether you are confident or shy or loud or quiet as a mouse or outgoing etc etc. it's a bit like being able to be an Internet persona where we are all more relaxed and more ourselves but turn it into real life :)

Keep up the good work and will be missing you until you get time to drop back in xx

Wow canada how blooming exciting my hubby has always wanted to holiday here but finances will never allow that. Hope you're ok been quiet since you announced you're big news x x

How are u petal? We miss u! Hope plans are going well xx

Hope ur ok CG xx

huuuuugggggggggggggsssssssss

Hope ur well xx

Can't help but wonder how you are!!! Are you on the verge of your big move to Canada ??
Whatever's happening for you right now I hope you are ok and happy :) I miss reading your diary.
Hope you have a happy new year
Love and hugs xxx :)

Ooof what a week!

OK WW related stuff!
Have been trying to implement less nighttime snacking because I swear all my damage gets done past 10pm! I eat fine in the day but nighttime signals yumtime munchies! If I didn't eat after dinner I think I'd be slim ha!
As I'm sure you can appriciate it's just not as simple as saying 'no eating after dinner' :(

CGx
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hey there,

I have read your blog so far. It is really interesting. I find that there is a lot of enabling going on.

Don't get me wrong, I can feel for those with psychological or physical pain, but to lump those together with totm and everything else will not help you.

I would almost rather people give you good input and tell you what you should be doing or rather, baby steps towards getting to your goal.

I will tell you a small story about myself. I moved away from home and I gained about 10 kgs. If you count the weight I gained in University during my first year you could add another 5kgs to that. I was not happy with myself and the spiral was not good. I would eat late at night and I would try to convince myself that if I only ate a chocolate bar and small bag of chips I still wasn't eating poorly as it was a low cal/fat limit when considered over the span of a day.

I came home and my dad saw how I had neglected my health. I was by no means obese, but I was larger and not happy. He sat me down and told me he wouldn't let me go back O/S (where I was studying) unless I lost some weight. It was harsh coming from my father - a man I very much admire and want to be emulate in my conduct as I go through life. It made me cry but ultimately, I realized I had to change.

You can eat wonderfully on the WW plan (which I'm doing now to get from 160 - 145 by the time I go away for a carribean holiday). I find that the key is to change it up so you don't get sick of it and therefore more likely to quit. I've only been doing it this round for 8 days. I'm down to 155. I don't mind accounting for it as I watch it carefully. I also weigh myself daily. I know this won't work for everyone, it can be disheartening. But it also makes me feel more accountable for my weight if I have a 'bad' day. I know if I weigh in 1 lb heavier, I should just be more cautious the next day. I focus on the 'moving forward' not getting disheartened.

I think one thing that has helped me is my girlfriend who lost that initial weight I spoke of with me. She and I religiously did not eat after 8 if we went to bed around 10-11. We didn't eat after 6 if we went to bed around 9-10.

Sure it is hard to stick to. There are nights where that won't work and the hunger is too much. But in those cases I split a bannana with the OH to curb that tummy hunger.

I find that the meals also have to involve protein - beans, meat what have you. If you have those items you will feel fuller for longer.

I'm doing the points plus which is the Candian System. We're given 27 points plus for the day. Fruit and veg is 0 points. I try to use one piece of fruit or veg when I absolutely cannot wait for my next meal.

I have basically cut out drinking/chocolate/chips and sweets. It is not easy and especially at work where you seem to get a bit bored and therefore eat. I use the motivation that I can have some of this (from my weeklies) on the weekend. I also eat into my weeklies a bit each night - but with healthy food.

My weekend is where the fun stuff can play in if I want it to and I save it for then accordingly. I find myself less drawn to it if I get out of the habit.

I hope this doesn't deter you.

I really want you to succeed. However, I do think that you need to realize that it is just as simple as changing your habits. Even if this is done one day at a time. Positive changes every day.

My dad (a surgeon - not that this makes him any more qualified but still) is a great guy. He really does beleive that your weight and outlook is 80% your diet and 20% exercise. Sure exercise is healthy, but it is all for nothing if you don't follow that up with a healthy diet.

I believe that those that are most successful on weight watchers really do watch what foods they are eating and don't use the points to consume naughty and empty calories.

Your body most certainly needs calories to survive, but some are burned faster than others and if you want to make those calories work for you u need to put the best fuel you can into your body. Otherwise the crap fuel just sits there and accomplishes nothing to your overall health. Coupled with the fact that points are self-limited, if you are getting the majority of your nutrition from crap food (ie: chocolate) you will end up with a body that runs terribly.

I wish you all the best. It has been very fascinating to read this blog and I applaud your courage.

Guuuuuuuuuuuys!!!!
I am SO sorry for just disappearing for 8 months - I will explain a bit more when I have more time but I just started posting again on here yesterday & came back to my diary to find all your lovely supportive messages!!
Thanks so much to every one of you for caring - I've had the most awful time of things & frankly I'm lucky to be here right now.

The basics - we moved to Canada in March! I now live in Toronto with OH, it's been hard settling in & I got really sick just after we arrived, I'm still in treatment but I'm better than I was.

I've gained an extra stone - (my stats in the left column should be updated but my ticker is wrong) I weighed in yesterday & was so shocked that I knew I needed to get on top of things so I came back on here - the place where I always found support & understanding :)

This is almost the heaviest I've ever been & it feels AWFUL. I'm physically uncomfortable & I don't want to balloon even further.

Some of the gain is down to medication & the rest is lack of mobility & eating crap.

OH tells me not to be hard on myself because there are so many reasons for my gain but I say - it's still here & it's still real - It doesn't matter where the weight came from - it's here stuck to me! I'm the only one who can be responsible for trying harder not to eat badly on top of the other reasons.

Rambling now!

I downloaded the 'My fitness pal' app on my phone - I needed a switch from points & it's got a kick-ass barcode scanner to track my food :)
Essentially I'll be eating the same as when I was on WW as my daily cals are similar - I do miss the 'free' fruit & veg though ;)

I've only been doing it for one day but at least I'm not ignoring it anymore.

We got an Xbox Kinect with the 'your shape evolved 2012' game - seems pretty good for a work-out & I need something I can do at home (my intense agoraphobia is back, more on that another time)

Well I do hope all of you are well & doing fantastic - I'll try & catch up on your diaries soon, thanks fir reading if you made it this far ;)

CGxx

Wow hon, welcome back!!! We missed you - it sounds like you've had a very tough time lately so don't focus on the negatives, try and focus on the positives - you're here now ready to try losing the weight again and you should be proud of that. I use MFP too sometimes, what's your username and I'll add you? :) xxx So glad to see you back xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

azwethinkweiz said:
Wow hon, welcome back!!! We missed you - it sounds like you've had a very tough time lately so don't focus on the negatives, try and focus on the positives - you're here now ready to try losing the weight again and you should be proud of that. I use MFP too sometimes, what's your username and I'll add you? :) xxx So glad to see you back xx

Hellooooooo! Good to hear from you :)

My MFP name is also 'Carriegirl21' - I didn't know you could add people on there - cool :)

CGxx

Think I added you there :) x

I don't even know if I should keep this diary here or not seeing as I'm not doing WW anymore :(
I don't want to start a new one as I've started so many!
Will it be annoying if I keep it here?

Well, Day 2 went fine :) I stuck to my allowance without too much trouble.
I hate how as soon as I go back into 'diet mode' food is all I can think about - I just can't relax about food! I got issuuuuues :(
I hope I don't let myself get super stressed & make myself ill worrying about it all again... But like I said yesterday - I've got to start making a serious effort as I can't keep on the way I was.

The funny thing about living in a new country is always the food!
I've been here 4 months now so I'm over the shock that all the chocolate here is revolting to me :'(
Honestly - I don't know how on esrth they make it taste so non-chocolatey!
Now you would think this would of been a blessing in disguise but of course I just went sniffing around until I could find a suitable alternative to chocolate.... Ice-cream. Ice-cream, ice-cream & more ice-cream! Darn tubs of deliciousness!
Also Tim bits - OMG - mini doughnut holes in boxes of 10, 20 or 40 for less than $5 - it's ridiculous how cheap they are & they are sooooooo good :(
I've gone on a tim bits ban after I practically inhaled a box of 20 by myself after a particularly bad panic attack. Yummy but dangerous for me.

Oh.. and my lovely, caring friends back home keep sending me UK chocolate in care packages! LOADS of it! I've got a drawer in the fridge full of it - I've told them to stop now as I won't be just eating as much as I want whenever I want without questioning it first.

Pretty annoyed with the MFP app today as it keeps signing my out grrr very annoying as I use it about 20 times a day - that's a lot of passwords!

Positives:

1. Completed a second day 100% sticking to plan.

2. I bought egg whites (in a carton lol!) And veggies to start making omlettes for breakfast instead of having bagels every day.

3. I made a healthy dinner even though I was utterly exhausted & the offer of Pizza was being waved in front of me like a Red flag.
We had a Baked potato, beans & a big salad with about 10 different veggies in it - Oh how I hate chopping!!! But I love salads! Just wish someone could do the prep for me ;)

Hope everyone had a good day too :)

CGxx

Hmm not a great day for me :(

Food wise it was fine, life-wise it was lame!

I felt so uncomfortably full after dinner - and 4 hours later my stomach still hurts!

I have this thing where I find it hard to leave food on the plate if I've put a lot of effort into preparing it. If it's just something frozen I will stop if I'm really full but tonight I'd put so much effort into cooking that I just kept eating!
Pretty annoyed st myself because I probably could have kept half in the fridge for tomorrow - so it wouldn't of gone in the bin anyway.
I think part of it is that I'm SO hungry by the time I finally get to eat my evening meal that I just eat it all because I've been wanting to eat all day!
I'm not starving myself in the day, I always eat breakfast & have an afternoon snack but I do tend to try & save my calories for my evening meal & in case I want a treat after - I'm fully aware that this is not a grest way to spread my calories out but It's just the pattern I have.
I wish I could 'allow' myself to eat throughout the day when I get hungry but my brain says "no - what if there's not enough left for dinner?!"

Argggggg!
Kinda stressed so I'll write my positives & be off.

Positives:

1. I did not buy a huge pack of cinnamon buns at the grocery store - this shows I am really taking notice of my choices.

2. I did a 30min work-out on the x-box Kinect & got proper sweaty!!

3. Even though it was the hotest day on record here since 1866 I still went for our evening walk (I have epic Anxiety, Panic & agoraphobic tendancies so this in itself is a huge task but I do it every day to show myself I can & to help my recovery)

CGxx

Good day :)
Epic amount of walking today - was on my feet for 5 hours straight walking & shopping, my feet hurt!
Food was ok, was super hungry today - I miss the days of Slimming World & the freedom around 'free foods' on days like this :(
I feel quite restricted even though my calorie target it higher than most people aim for... Not sure how to deal with that restricted feeling because it always ends up being what messes me up & gets me too stressed.

Positives:

1. Did a LOT of walking in hot weather - it's good to be active again.

2. Cooked dinner again even though I was extra exhausted & did end up dropping a veggie sausage in the sink :( (I did not retrive it for consumption!)

3. I am having cravings & urges for pudding, sweet things & pizza but I'm making the choice not to fed them - I ask myself "Do you think there will be a time in the future when you want this food even more than now?" The answer is always yes so I tell myself I can wait till next time & I will appriciate the treat even more :)

CGxx

So nice to have you back with us :)

Noticed activity on your diary couple of days ago but didn't get around to checking it out as had a busy few days.
So the move to Canada came off then how exciting !!!
Sorry to hear you been a little poorly since you got there,hope things are better now.

Gosh them doughnut holes sound like just the kind of things I would love to eat.

Noticed you popped by my diary, it's a new one deleted my other one as was too depressing lol have lost no weight for a long time now,quit sw tried ww but was too hungry then I invested in these things called slim pods that I'm listening to,which are meant to change our relationship with food and deal with all the emotional stuff !!!

Anyways look forward to hearing all about your new life in Canada :) xxxxxxxx

Back