11 days til Christmas - worth starting?

Lexie_dog

UNLEASHING THE BEAST!
So just like it says, 11 days til Christmas, is it worth starting and getting in 11 days worth of weight loss or think it's just a disaster waiting to happen?

I'm 15stone 1lbs now on the scales and a bit scunnered with the weight, but I don't know if I should start or not?

I'm thinking the times going to pass anyway so may as well do something constructive with it?

I'm in the same boat it's day 1 for me today but nit 100% about it as know il be having food on Xmas day and Boxing Day, I've been in a dilemma tonight over wether to have dinner with oh tonight of lamb, rice and a soup, I've said yes and no about 10 times and really peeved him off lol

I have decided if I can get a few pounds off in the week before Christmas then it's worth it but I know it's not going to be easy x

Do it 100% then give yourself Christmas day, any family meals and New years eve off. Between now and 1st Jan you could be almost a stone lighter if you stick at it...get going with it, no time like the present!

defo worth it, you can be near a stone off before xmas! stick to it 100% it will be so worth it! good luck x

Alrighty then. From midnight I'm on it.

I'm night shift for the next 7 nights, so will run my packs midnight to midnight. Had my dinner as normal tonight, so should be okay til midnight.

Got sparkling water and water flavouring for work. Should be fine.

Being honest, if it was me I would start after any planned meals are done over the festive period (like Christmas day, boxing day and new years etc). If I started now, my first week would be water loss and I would then regain that on Christmas day and boxing day and in the process knocking myself out of or delaying ketosis.
For me personally - putting myself through hell getting into ketosis (I feel pretty awful for the first 1-2 weeks on a VLVD) would be pointless to then knock myself out again over Christmas and then have to go through it all over again to get back into ketosis.

I say do what you feel you can personally handle. If you get into ketosis quickly, don't feel rotten in the process and don't mind regaining the water weight in a couple of days off then I would say why not, definitely go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I was thinking this myself but its LOs dads birthday on Christmas Eve & then visiting family for Christmas so I'm starting Boxing day as not doing anything after christmas day. Not eating stupidly at the moment but so far I've been maintaining this month :) I couldn't face getting myself into ketosis, coming out and then going back into it. I'd rather do it once lol!

My two pence worth-

I started slim and save the second I was ready, not a minute after. I have ZERO patience and I know I would start it again tomorrow if I had to BUT if you can wait, do it. Christmas is going to be hard whatever we all do!

Best of luck for the new year / new you !

So, started on the 15th and it's been alright really, easy enough at work and I've been sticking to the 4 packs per day.

Weight this 'morning' (post night shift sleep) was 14st 6.5 lbs, Meaning a week one loss of 8.5 lbs which I'm pleased with.

Ordered my next months order and got loads of cottage pie (my fave!)

Awesome! Well done on your loss,just to get through Christmas now :)

Back