12 syns - whole sponge cake!!

Mrs V said:
Yes, thats right 12 syns for the whole cake!
I was given this recipe in class last night and I've just made it...yummy!! Its better cold than hot, as I thought it tasted a little eggy when still warm - cold, proper sponge!!! :D

Ingredients:
6 eggs
2oz self raising flour
couple drops of vanilla essence
2 tsps baking powder
6 tbsp granulated sweetner
Method
Mix the eggs and sweetner and vanilla essence in a large bowl with electric whisk, beat until it triples in volume (about 10 mins)
Sieve flour and baking powder and fold into mixture.
Share between two sponge tins and bake at 200C for about 11 mins (could be a little bit longer)

Filling:
The filling I chose (because I fancied a victoria sponge style cake)

4 tsp Hartley's Best damson Jam (All Hartley best flavoured jams are 0.5 per tsp

Absolutely delicious with a cuppa!

I cut the cake into 4 and worked it out at 4 syns per wedge - and I mean wedge!!!

Dear Mrs V

Thankyou so much for the recipe.

I made it today and filled mine with 2 pots weightwatchers layered strawberry fromage frais (1syn) and sliced fresh strawberries. Yum

The kids devoured it!!

Gorgeous - will definitely be making again

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2454616872.jpg
    image-2454616872.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 405
  • image-439283972.jpg
    image-439283972.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 429
Yummy this looks lush :) Might have to make one of these after ive finished the cheesecake i made lol. Cant risk having too many nice cakey things around hehe xx Im liking the sound of the lemon curd filling too. xxx

Yummy this looks lush :) Might have to make one of these after ive finished the cheesecake i made lol. Cant risk having too many nice cakey things around hehe xx Im liking the sound of the lemon curd filling too. xxx

I think you should make one next wkend... to have after kfc chicken and chips! oh and im addicted to rocket with balsamic vinegar so some of that too lol x

I think you should make one next wkend... to have after kfc chicken and chips! oh and im addicted to rocket with balsamic vinegar so some of that too lol x

Bring your own rocket and balsamic vinegar and you might be in luck :) Im sure i can make the rest x

sounds nice ill get some flour have not baked for years though lol.

Circes said:
SR flour is 4.5 syn per oz so that would be 9 for 2oz plus 1 syn for the baking powder. 10 syns total if not using the filling.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

i halved the recipe minus the filling and its in the oven ....

4.5 syns in the whole cake !!!!!!!! i hope its yummy :D xx

Hi peeps I've had lots of 'YUMS' on my food diary so I thought I'd post it on here too :)

I followed the 12 syn sponge recipe but added 14 tbsp of sweetner instead of 6 as 6 tbsp isn't enough for me. I baked 24 cupcakes instead a big cake and topped them with 2 tbsp of melted nutella. They only work out to be a syn each so you can have lots with some chopped fruit or low fat ice cream for a tasty treat :)

I made this and it was lush :) The bf loved it. was soooooo light and fluffy. I made a filling from total 0% and added sweetener and vanilla essence whipped it up and it was yummy . Will make again . xxx

I happen to have all the I ingredients except the filling in my cupboard, so going to make this today! Excited! Xx

Think i will make this on sunday, i already have the ingredients, so its just the getting round to making it thats the problem!

Thanks for the recipe!

Have just made the cake, but I added 6 syns worth of Choc options & it made 13 muffins = 1.2 syns. Just waiting for them to cool & then tasties!

I must be doing something wrong. Tried it this evening and it came out like a sweet omelette...no trace of sponge, just egg...omelette taste, omelette appearance and omelette texture...it was awful, had to bin it. :(

Yes, thats right 12 syns for the whole cake!
I was given this recipe in class last night and I've just made it...yummy!! Its better cold than hot, as I thought it tasted a little eggy when still warm - cold, proper sponge!!! :D

Ingredients:
6 eggs
2oz self raising flour
couple drops of vanilla essence
2 tsps baking powder
6 tbsp granulated sweetner
Method
Mix the eggs and sweetner and vanilla essence in a large bowl with electric whisk, beat until it triples in volume (about 10 mins)
Sieve flour and baking powder and fold into mixture.
Share between two sponge tins and bake at 200C for about 11 mins (could be a little bit longer)

Filling:
The filling I chose (because I fancied a victoria sponge style cake)

4 tsp Hartley's Best damson Jam (All Hartley best flavoured jams are 0.5 per tsp

Absolutely delicious with a cuppa!

I cut the cake into 4 and worked it out at 4 syns per wedge - and I mean wedge!!!

cant wate to have a go at this one thanks

Back