134kkg. The countdown begins!!!

Me hope so!!! :break_diet:

Alrrrrrrrright-y!!! I'm back!!! Day 3 on sole-source 'post 12 week break - 1 week splurge' and I'm already back in the zone!!! Yippeeeeeee!!!!

Let me confess...I'm outta courage to tackle the scale yet, so Saturday is scheduled weigh in, after I lmust have lost all the pesky 'glycogen water-weight' :D. I don't wanna unnecessarily depress myself with fluctuating figures, lol

Surprisingly, though, here I am on day 4 (sorry, not 3 as said up there) and the hunger pangs never actually came. I guess I must be doing something right! On my 1 week break, I indulged in protein, vegetables and minimal fats. Carbs were a strict no-no, but I had a few when I couldn't take my eyes off the lovely plane food; yes I'm a plane food junkie, sigh!. I had excess portions of salads, with fish or chicken, and the rare beef sausage for breakfast. No cereal, no bread, no cakes, carbs e.t.c, lots of coffee laced with CWP choc velvet tetrabrik, coke-zero and water. And I'm back on sole-source as quick as lightning! Feels like I never left!

Surprisingly, though, here I am on day 4 (sorry, not 3 as said up there) and the hunger pangs never actually came. I guess I must be doing something right! On my 1 week break, I indulged in protein, vegetables and minimal fats. Carbs were a strict no-no, but I had a few when I couldn't take my eyes off the lovely plane food; yes I'm a plane food junkie, sigh!. I had excess portions of salads, with fish or chicken, and the rare beef sausage for breakfast. No cereal, no bread, no cakes, carbs e.t.c, lots of coffee laced with CWP choc velvet tetrabrik, coke-zero and water. And I'm back on sole-source as quick as lightning! Feels like I never left!

It's a great feeling to be able to get straight back on it :) well done !

Thanks, Angel. It's a bit reassuring that one isn't completely detached from the 'real' world; the world with no barriers to food heh heh, where food isn't always in satchets, lol!!!

I went out and happily splurged on a size 16 pant suit. Whaaaat? I can dream, can't I? well that suit cost a fortune, so I better be wearing it sometime soon :D

The suit was a bit snug in the hips and could barely zip up, but had lovely flared legs and was long enough for my 5ft 10 frame, and can cover my high heels beautifully. Its not everyday you see such long pants, so its a keeper. My chunky thighs by the way, aren't 'keepers' though, so I'm motivated. Operation fit into my size 16 pants quick!!! I can't wait to post pics of the size 16 suit draping my bod gracefully :p :D ;)

Last edited:

Wow...that level of discipline is unbelievable!!! You have really done amazingly well. I wish I had your resolve.

Aww thanks guys, I'm blushing at all the compliments! U guys are simply the best! Come on Fay, u can do it! :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've been wondering how people still believe Cambridge sachets are some sort of magic potion or elixir of life or something; I met an old pal of mine the other day. After she spent the next few minutes fawning over my looks she now asks the inevitable question - how are you doing it? Ok, so I now answer her, I say conspiratorially "have you heard of Cambridge?". Without saying a word she reaches into her bag and brings out a wrinkled cappuccino shake and says this? Yes I do know about Cambridge, is that what you are using? So it works? And I say don't you have a consultant ? She says nooo, I say so how did you get that? She says I got it from my friend; she has a consultant.'heh heh heh : D . I don't need to be a soothsayer to know why she is asking "does it work?" :D. She and most likely her friend is definitely using the sachets like some miraculous drug to take alongside food and magically melt all the fat off! :D:D:D hahahahah, people!!!!!!!! I don't have the heart to disillusion her, so I said " let me introduce you to my consultant, my dear. You aren't using them right. Make up your mind first and prepare to make this your sole source of food for the next few weeks then let's talk.' So that sparks off another round of questions which I will go into another day :d

Last edited:
108 kg. I am not encouraged. What's slowing me down? Halp!!!

Ok from now till I hit 100kg - no more bars or tetrabriks. Just shakes, soups and porridges, Capisce?

Sheesh! And to think I thought nothing Cambridgey was contraindicated! Are these marketing gimmicks to keep u hooked on the plan??? Me begins to wonder!!!

This is the first week with abysmally low weightloss figures, but I shall continue with even more determination.

Mfp tells me I will be 100kg by end of December, heh heh :D with Xmas and new year round the corner.....ahem! Talk about tall orders. I'm going on a family holiday to Dubai for Christmas so I'm definitely off Cambridge for a week! But will shift to vlcd for the period though. I'll be low calorie-ing and zero-carbing for the period, after all this is my 2nd 12 weeker so I'm allowing myself wtf! There's life after Cambridge which is where I already see myself!

Mfp=my fitness pal ;)

Ok from now till I hit 100kg - no more bars or tetrabriks. Just shakes, soups and porridges, Capisce?

Sheesh! And to think I thought nothing Cambridgey was contraindicated! Are these marketing gimmicks to keep u hooked on the plan??? Me begins to wonder!!!

This is the first week with abysmally low weightloss figures, but I shall continue with even more determination.

I have found my own weight loss a bit of a rollercoaster throughout the Cambridge process. As much as I can say things like "try not to let a low loss week get to you" I don't ever seem to follow my own advice. I can say there will be ups and downs but if you can just push through those harder weeks (in terms of anything like motivation, low losses, stresses etc.) you will be glad you did!!!

I found it really difficult getting back into the zone when I was returning to the second stint of 12 weeks and being honest with you I haven't been doing a very good job on the strictness front. It's got to the point where I have been having a meal off every week or two (and as bad as it sounds I had three meals off last week). I need a kick up the *** ever since week 12 :-(

You sound really determined, I wish I had your will power!!

Hi Fay!!! Well, I wish I had your BMI :D ha ha ha!!!

Being Obese is actually all the motivation I need, really. Its embarrasing enough always being the biggest anywhere, so finding something that works (though costs a fortune by the way:sigh:) is so priceless! Its one thing to want to lose weight and try over and over again with no success. I guess the fact that the weight keeps dropping off is what really spurrs me on.

My hips! My hips! All I want is for them to melt away into oblivion!!!

I've joined the flat chested club lol!!! Size 42f now a 38c and loving it....:party0049::party0049::party0049:

Hi Fay!!! Well, I wish I had your BMI :D ha ha ha!!!

Being Obese is actually all the motivation I need, really. Its embarrasing enough always being the biggest anywhere, so finding something that works (though costs a fortune by the way:sigh:) is so priceless! Its one thing to want to lose weight and try over and over again with no success. I guess the fact that the weight keeps dropping off is what really spurrs me on.

You BMI change is very impressive and I'm sure it won't be long before you are in the 20s!! I think (by converting your losses to stone) we are about even so far :)

I'm not sure why but Cambridge is the first diet I have ever been on for over a few weeks/one month max. Before I started the diet my wife and I were having take aways or meals out a good 3-4 times a week so that about added up to how much we are spending now on the products for the both of us but it would be nice to get up to the steps where you only need 1 or 2 products a day. I'm not ready to give up the lower steps yet though.

Thanks Fay :D.

Personally I think the real test of Cambridge is the maintenance. I know too many people for comfort who pile on the pounds in less than a year after cambridge unfortunately. Just finished chatting with one of them incidentally; he's pining like hell for the sachets once more as he's almost in the 120kg range after hitting 80 last year. From the same 120; 125 to be exact. Sad. :(

I want to be the exception that proves the rule; I am already seriously looking up to life after the sachets. I want to be able to pass a big bowl of steaming "whatever it I crave at that moment" and say, no, no, no. Eat only when hungry and stop when full!.Is that really too much to ask :)

Back