1ST WEEK DONE!

keri70

Hi Members,
Ive just completed my 1st week & have a loss of 6lbs, a little disappointed :confused: if im honest but could be due to TOTM, hopefully will get a good result next week at my weigh in!:) Been struggling with the water intake but have started drinking coke zero for a change, will try some of the other drinks allowed as not really keen on taste of coke zero:( Trying to get the hang of changing the ticker lol.

Last edited:
Well done Hun that's great for TOTM - you can drink flavoured waters that done list citric acid under the ingredients list.. Dr pepper zero.. sparkling water... Herbal tea (but not fruit ones)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done ~ 6lbs is a really good loss especially if you think its TOTM. I lost 7lbs this week and definitely no TOTM :) We're all different and I must admit to feeling a bit envious mesself of some of the huge losses on here.......... BUT we're both still half a stone less than we were last week :)

I would say congratulations to you both because it's the end of week 1 for me yesterday. I've stuck religiously to 3 shakes and 3 litres of water and only lost 4lbs :confused:. Mid week I had lost 5lbs so that meant at some point I put on a pound!!!

I've also done half an hour gentle Wii each day so I'm a little disappointed too.

When I tried another VLCD I again stuck religiously to it and didn't lose a pound the first week :confused:. Maybe I have alot of gluacogon/glycogen (sorry can't remember which one) stored up. Also the sticks say I'm not in ketosis.

Is there something wrong with me????? Any suggestions welcome. I am pleased to have lost 4lbs but was just expecting a little more?!?:rolleyes:

Hmmm, not really sure why that's happening. I suppose everybody is different, don't be disheartened. Did you chew gum or have any citric acid?

Personally I don't find weighing myself all the time while am losing weight very motivational. When you're in ts you lose what you lose, you don't actually have any control over it. If you're sticking to three packs a day the only thing you can control is your exercise, and muscle weighs more than fat don't forget.

I've decided to only weight myself at the end of the month, in fact I didn't even bother to weigh myself at the start, I just know how much I want to weigh and will keep doing the packs until I reach that weight. How much do you want to weigh?

Maybe don't worry about the ketosis sticks, You'll know when you're in ketosis because you'll stop feeling hungry.

Good luck and just stick with it, it really does work!

Colosi said:
I would say congratulations to you both because it's the end of week 1 for me yesterday. I've stuck religiously to 3 shakes and 3 litres of water and only lost 4lbs :confused:. Mid week I had lost 5lbs so that meant at some point I put on a pound!!!

I've also done half an hour gentle Wii each day so I'm a little disappointed too.

When I tried another VLCD I again stuck religiously to it and didn't lose a pound the first week :confused:. Maybe I have alot of gluacogon/glycogen (sorry can't remember which one) stored up. Also the sticks say I'm not in ketosis.

Is there something wrong with me????? Any suggestions welcome. I am pleased to have lost 4lbs but was just expecting a little more?!?:rolleyes:

Dear C
I am sorry you are disappointed. We have need praise and encouragement but sadly scales are not very good at providing it!

I think your posts shows how unhelpful it can be weighing too often. The body takes time to adjust to VLCD. Fluid levels vary - I would say you never gained a pound at all but you probably retained about a pound in fluid. It all works out in time. It's probably best if you can to weigh at the same time, same clothes (or none) every week. I am only going to weigh once a month - on the first Sunday of each month.

As for those ketostixs they are notoriously unreliable and as a result manage to be more a disincentive than an encouragement. After all are you going to do anything differently if the stick is pink or not? I guess you are going to stick with it anyway, why let fluke weighing and dodgy sticks put you off? FOUR pounds is fine. Be patient, it will work!!!!
So one weeks weight loss is not reliable - there is nothing wrong with you at all - just wait it will sort itself out. This diet cannot not work - just stick to it, be patient, avoid weighing and it will be fine. It really does work.

Keep on going and trust it - it works
best wishes.
GSQ

I agree with what GSQ has said. I would also experiment with the amount of water. I find that I feel best on this diet drinking more like 4 litres a day, but everyone needs to find their own happy balance.

I did read somewhere on here that some people need to drink more water than others to get the best out of a VLCD ~ maybe I'll up it and see if that helps....... :)

Well done keri70! That is weight lost and gone forever! It will catch up with you all the weight loss. Some weeks are loads others maybe 1 or 2lbs most. Fluid, TOTM, water retention, muscle or just the body adjusting can all slow weight loss, but WELL DONE!! That 6lbs is lost anf gone forever. Here's to the next week or weight loss! xxx

Hi Colosi - I'm a bit heartened to find there is someone else who is feeling like I am. Week one gone and like you, I have lost exactly 4 pounds, and also bought ketostix last week and they are barely past pale pink. I know I'm definitely not in ketosis as I'm hungry constantly.... It's quite annoying when you do everything you're supposed to and the losses are quite slow..... 4 pounds doesnt feel great, especially when it's only week one and most of this is fluid. Never mind, we just need to stick with it and hopefully we will get a spurt on over the next couple of weeks. I did Exante a year ago and lost 2 stone, the first stone in about a month and I havent done anything different. I still have 2 stone to lose, so it's not as if I'm nearing my target weight and therfore struggling. Good luck and hopefully good results next week!

hey there
i think that a loss is a loss and that you should be happy with yourself!
i'm starting this diet soon and i have similar stats to you - will let you know how i get on.
how did you know coke zero is allowed on it? is there a list of drinks etc you can take as well as the water and shakes?

lashes said:
hey there
i think that a loss is a loss and that you should be happy with yourself!
i'm starting this diet soon and i have similar stats to you - will let you know how i get on.
how did you know coke zero is allowed on it? is there a list of drinks etc you can take as well as the water and shakes?

There's a list of allowed drinks in a sticky thread

Also 6pm is a great loss it's all in the right direction you will get there x

LadyF, I've got a question since you've been on this diet a while ago.. How does it work with going back to eating regular food? Did you go back to eating the regular portion size before the diet? I am asking because at the moment I feel like I could eat very little in one meal, and wonder if that's really so, or when weaning back to food all old habits will return..
Thanks!

Back