2.5 stone to lose club

Micci said:
Hi, of course. General support or is there anything specific I can do for you?

Hiya, just general support but I'm sure if I get stuck I will shout up x thanks hun xxx

Today was 212 lb exactly which is a loss of slightly less than a pound from whenever I last weighed myself. So ... that's my baselinefor this group. 2.5 stone loss will mean 177 pounds for me. I might want to go lower but will re-assess when I get there. I do have a little ambition to wear size 12s and have a nice skirt and trousers I got myself as a little motivating treat. The skirt worked for a while hung up where I could see it but then I stopped even seeing it when I looked in that direction so its gone away again.

Fingers and toes crossed for those yet to weigh themselves.

Micci said:
Today was 212 lb exactly which is a loss of slightly less than a pound from whenever I last weighed myself. So ... that's my baselinefor this group. 2.5 stone loss will mean 177 pounds for me. I might want to go lower but will re-assess when I get there. I do have a little ambition to wear size 12s and have a nice skirt and trousers I got myself as a little motivating treat. The skirt worked for a while hung up where I could see it but then I stopped even seeing it when I looked in that direction so its gone away again.

Fingers and toes crossed for those yet to weigh themselves.

You will get into the size 12 as will I at some point. Visualisation will help it always does for me, I have a lovely pair of linen black trousers in a size 12, I will get into them for sure! Xx

You will get into the size 12 as will I at some point. Visualisation will help it always does for me, I have a lovely pair of linen black trousers in a size 12, I will get into them for sure! Xx

Yes it does me too. I use Paul McKenna CDs for that and the Inside Out Weight Loss podcasts - all wonderful stuff for changing a person's attitude. I know Paul McKenna says dump the diet stuff but I figure to use him as allowing me to eat what I want but withing SW guidelines, then when I've got somewhere near where I want to be again I'll totally go by his rules. Guided still be the IOWL ideas.

Sooo, this is to be the summer of lovely black linen trousers is it? I've a pair to get back into but mine are a 14. Race you ;) ;)

Last edited:
1.5lb off for me this week making the running total 4.5lbs in 2 weeks. Not bad.

I am visualising my new weight by buying a new little black dress 2 sizes too small. It's hung on the front of my wardrobe so I see it every morning and night. To be honest though I think I will be wearing it over leggings, my hubby says if I wore it as a dress I'd need two haircuts! Lol :)

Yes it does me too. I use Paul McKenna CDs for that and the Inside Out Weight Loss podcasts - all wonderful stuff for changing a person's attitude. I know Paul McKenna says dump the diet stuff but I figure to use him as allowing me to eat what I want but withing SW guidelines, then when I've got somewhere near where I want to be again I'll totally go by his rules. Guided still be the IOWL ideas.

Sooo, this is to be the summer of lovely black linen trousers is it? I've a pair to get back into but mine are a 14. Race you ;) ;)

I'm more into the Secret and Law of attraction than Paul McKenna but whatever works you should stick to it. :)

Ha ha I love a bit of healthy competition but im guessing its going to be about October before I get in them lol....game on! ;) xx

I am visualising my new weight by buying a new little black dress 2 sizes too small. It's hung on the front of my wardrobe so I see it every morning and night. To be honest though I think I will be wearing it over leggings, my hubby says if I wore it as a dress I'd need two haircuts! Lol :)

Well done on the loss.

ROFL at your two haircuts comment ;) dress is a great idea on the front of the wardrobe xx

Spookess said:

Not bad, that's great!!
Well done Spookess

Brilliant. Well done! Two haircuts ;) ;) We appreciate his humour here. When you get into it, will you post a picture?

How are we all doing today?

It is going to be a lovely day, depite the fact I know I've some difficult family situations to face this pm and I doubt everyone else's life is smooth sailing. We are all going to enjoy treating ourselves to the body we know we deserve and want, aren't we?

It is going to be a lovely day, depite the fact I know I've some difficult family situations to face this pm and I doubt everyone else's life is smooth sailing. We are all going to enjoy treating ourselves to the body we know we deserve and want, aren't we?

Final day of the first week before I weigh in, im excited about getting on the scales tomorrow morning!

The sun is shining and it is lovely! I have been up to turn the horses out and now having a nice glass of water (yuk) lol might go for a ride later if it stays nice.

Good luck with your family situation, you are right it is never plain sailing, but we all have to try and stay positive, thoughts become things and i am constantily thinking about those linen trousers lol. :) xx

Am good today thanks, the sun is shining ..
Have had a 100% SW Breakfast and even plan to go to the gym today :eek:
Good luck this afternoon, hope everything goes well.

Hey :)

Wondered if I could join you all. I've got 2.5 stone to lose to get to target (well...2st 9lb but it's close enough!).

I've set myself mini goals and my first is to be under 12st. I thought I was 12st 4lb when I started SW on Monday but weighed myself this morning and actually 12st 2lb so only 3lb until I get to the first target!

I'm going to weigh in on Wednesdays and be doing it at home as well because I can't get to classes :(

Good luck!!!

hiya Melioso,

WELCOME!!!!

I came here to share a youtube video with a man showing what 5lbs of fat looks like, its rather inspiring! I've not listened to his podcasts yet. Must give credit, a member here called Alycyn 1980 linked to it on the Non Scale victories thread. Look at this What Does 5 pounds of Fat Look Like? - YouTube

That video was brilliant! When he held the 5lb of fat it made me realise that my daughter was only 6lb when she was born so I wouldn't even need to lose half a stone before I would have effectively lost the weight of a baby :| that's mad.

Hey :)

Wondered if I could join you all. I've got 2.5 stone to lose to get to target (well...2st 9lb but it's close enough!).

I've set myself mini goals and my first is to be under 12st. I thought I was 12st 4lb when I started SW on Monday but weighed myself this morning and actually 12st 2lb so only 3lb until I get to the first target!

I'm going to weigh in on Wednesdays and be doing it at home as well because I can't get to classes :(

Good luck!!!

Welcome Meliososo, we're building up quite a team...
I'm doing SW from home too, and have exactly 2.5 stone to lose - if I don't put on any more weight :rolleyes:.
Glad to have you on-board.

Welcome Meliososo! Great to have you on board!

Went to my first aquafit class in years last night. Was ok. Struggled on a few of the moves but overall it was good enough that I will be back next week!

Micci - I will post a picture when i get into it. I might try it on later just to see how bad it looks and so I know what it looks like 'before and after'. If I feel brave enough (and it's not too scary) I might post the before picture in here.

Loving the warm welcome :)

Was supposed to go for a run today but had noone to watch my little one so took her swimming instead. Will be doing my workout dvd tomorrow. I had to stop going the gym and classes because of money worries last month so think I might join again this weekend.

Welcome newbies, you lit put me to shame I don't really do any exercise although would like to think that mucking out and riding might count lol

Good luck to you/us all, first WI tomorrow so will post my loss after the class! X

Back