2.5 stone to lose club

Welcome newbies, you lit put me to shame I don't really do any exercise although would like to think that mucking out and riding might count lol

Good luck to you/us all, first WI tomorrow so will post my loss after the class! X

Of course mucking out and riding count! I find it strange that we live a lifestyle full of labour saving devices and then have to make time and space for formal exercise. If we were still chopping wood and getting water out of wells and walking/cycling /riding everywhere we wouldn't need to go to the gym. I used to ride and know how achey it can make you - obviously the horse workes harder but its not just a matter of sitting on top is it?

I have done minimal exercise today, a walk of a couple of miles and that's it. Food however has been totally on plan so I'm pleased with that.

Have a good evening all.

Micci said:
Of course mucking out and riding count! I find it strange that we live a lifestyle full of labour saving devices and then have to make time and space for formal exercise. If we were still chopping wood and getting water out of wells and walking/cycling /riding everywhere we wouldn't need to go to the gym. I used to ride and know how achey it can make you - obviously the horse workes harder but its not just a matter of sitting on top is it?

I have done minimal exercise today, a walk of a couple of miles and that's it. Food however has been totally on plan so I'm pleased with that.

Have a good evening all.

You are so right about the society we live it has changed some for the good and some not so good. I remember as a kid we would go out and play footie or rounders but now days kids just sit in front of computers. Omg I sound ancient lol!

Well done on the walking front and food, keep it up!

First WI this morning but off to the gees first to muck out lol xxxx

Hellooooo m'dears. Its going to be another good day for us all - staying focused on changing our lives and bodies in a way that we want. LadyT, you posted while I was writing this - my fingers are crossed for you for a change on the scales.

Woop woop 71/2lb off for me and I have never eaten so much!! Loving SW, now all I need to do is stay positive for next week lol xx

Woop woop 71/2lb off for me and I have never eaten so much!! Loving SW, now all I need to do is stay positive for next week lol xx

Brilliant! Well done!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a bit slow off the mark, but can I join you? My ultimate target of 9st 10 just over 2.5stone less than my starting weight. I've shifted 10lbs so far (I'm on week 6) so I feel like my first stone is in sight! I was to get 2 stone off by my summer holiday (14 weeks today), which I think is achievable, then tackle the last few pounds by the Christmas party season. Although if I could get it all off before holiday, that would be absolutely amazing! Mind you, I've got a work trip to South Africa, another week long work conference in the UK and my birthday to contend with in the meantime, so I need to be prepared for a few weeks of trying to STS through those weeks! xx

Welcome Meliososo! Great to have you on board!

Went to my first aquafit class in years last night. Was ok. Struggled on a few of the moves but overall it was good enough that I will be back next week!

Micci - I will post a picture when i get into it. I might try it on later just to see how bad it looks and so I know what it looks like 'before and after'. If I feel brave enough (and it's not too scary) I might post the before picture in here.

I only just noticed this post. Sorry. How did your knee stand up to it?

Don't worrry if you don't want to put the 'before' piccie up - they are great to have to look back on but if you want to wait to have a 'before' and 'after' that's fine. I've got a couple of piccies on my home page of me when I hit 200 lbs last year, or maybe even the year before, I've lost track. I'm looking forward to getting there again by mid July.

I have very few and none digital of me when I was 18 stones plus. I still have the trousers that got too tight that were the last straw before I went to sw for the first time. Just a reminder of where I don't want to be ever again.

I'm a bit slow off the mark, but can I join you? My ultimate target of 9st 10 just over 2.5stone less than my starting weight. I've shifted 10lbs so far (I'm on week 6) so I feel like my first stone is in sight! I was to get 2 stone off by my summer holiday (14 weeks today), which I think is achievable, then tackle the last few pounds by the Christmas party season. Although if I could get it all off before holiday, that would be absolutely amazing! Mind you, I've got a work trip to South Africa, another week long work conference in the UK and my birthday to contend with in the meantime, so I need to be prepared for a few weeks of trying to STS through those weeks! xx

Hi Miss_Corset,

nice to see you here. We are at just the same stage atm, I discovered I've lost 10lbs this morning ;) You can do it, we can all do it .... sorry gotta dash for the mum taxi service.

Wow ladyT!! Well done!!! If I can get a loss of 3lb by Wednesday Ill be chuffed, so you must be feeling fantastic.

I too feel like all I do is eat. I don't recall eating this much before. But Im day 4 and going strong so Im feeling positive.

Oh and welcome miss corset! Well done on the 10lb weight loss so far :)

Thanks Meliososo! I'm totally loving SW at the moment, it's really working for me. Still can't work out how as I'm eating loads, but they do say just to trust the plan, so I am!

Good luck for this week! x

That's what I think! I've still got my HeB to eat today which will be alpen light bars but I don't know if I've got room left to eat them! But then I see people like you having brilliant losses so I figure it must be working.

I've just had a.gorgeous dinner. I had a roast with turkey, carrots, broccoli, green beans, peas, roast potatoes (made with fry light and herbs), a yorkshire pud and gravy. It was nommy.

Well done everyone some fab losses and fabulous support on here to help us all on our way xxx

Hey girls, hopefully I can join you? I lost 4.7 stone last year but this year I've barely lost a pound and still have around 2 and a half stone to go, could really use the support as can't make any of the groups around me. Your all doing so well :)

Nellylou said:
Hey girls, hopefully I can join you? I lost 4.7 stone last year but this year I've barely lost a pound and still have around 2 and a half stone to go, could really use the support as can't make any of the groups around me. Your all doing so well :)

Hey Nellynoo, welcome. I'm in awe of how much you lost last year was it on SW? There's loads of support here, what day do you WI? Xx

Welcome aboard to the newcomers! Great that our groups getting bigger as we're getting smaller! :)

And well done in all the amazing losses so far!

I have to confess that I had a blip yesterday in that I was in the usual pain x 10 when I got home from work so didn't fancy cooking so had a takeaway. Chips donner meat and cheese in a wrap. Oooops!!!! Did have salad on it though! ;-). Oh well, we all make mistakes like this. The main thing is not to let it happen everyday!!

The scales will tell me how bad I've been on Tuesday morning! :-(

Xx

Miss_Corset said:

Welcome Miss_Corset, glad to have you in the group.

Nellylou said:

Welcome Nellylou - 2 and a half stone to target, you'll definitely get there.

Spookess said:
I have to confess that I had a blip yesterday in that I was in the usual pain x 10 when I got home from work so didn't fancy cooking so had a takeaway. Chips donner meat and cheese in a wrap. Oooops!!!! Did have salad on it though! ;-). Oh well, we all make mistakes like this. The main thing is not to let it happen everyday!!

The scales will tell me how bad I've been on Tuesday morning! :-(

Xx

Don't worry Spookess, I've been a bit naughty too!! Had shop bought soup with a large chunk of bread yesterday for lunch and two Alpen lights after my porridge!!

Back