2 stone in 6 weeks?

Sorry i've been AWOL ladies, i have to get on the computer between working and looking after the animals (and by animals i mean the boy and the baby or monkey and turtle). :family2:Had my weigh in tonight and only pulled a tiny 2lbs:cry::cry::cry:. On the bright side i have lost 17lbs in 3 weeks.
:confused:? keep thinking what could be the reason for such a poor show on the scales? :confused:
answer- not enough water, due first TOTM after having "turtle".

CDC was very encouraging and thinks i'm mad for being disappointed but i hate failing and consider this a failure (I know i'm loopy!:silly: LOL)

It means that i only have 26 lbs left to lose.
I'm in the zone :cross: fingers crossed that it only a little rut on the path to goal

Baby cakes that is brilliant :p:p:p 2lb is still a loss.
I do know how you feel as my WI is tomorrow and i know i will beat myself up if i lose less then 4lb:confused::confused: Think my standards are too high!!
I have been really godd at work again, come home, do the kids lunch for tomorrow and i eat a babybel :mad::mad: what is the matter with me:sigh::sigh: I need to focus more. I think it is because i am on a late shift at work :(

I am going to be good, we can do this!!!!!!

Oh Dione
Thanks for the words of encouragement. i'm sure you'll get a plesant surprise when you WI tomorrow. I think i'm disappointed because i've been so good and i currrently feel like c**p.
tomorrow is the start of a new week with hopefully an amazing lose at the end of it.

Chins up, boobs foward WE CAN DO THIS xoxox

i dont think i have drunk enought water for a big loss. Some days i have been really good, others i have been terrible. Sti;; onlytime will tell i guess.
What ever happens i cant change wha i have done and i cant change the weight i am going to lose by tomorrow so i will just haveto live with it xxxx

HHHeeellllooo where is everyone :(

putting the turtle to bed. Think i'm gonna be followin him though i'm totally shattered.:snoopyhouse: will check in with you all tomorrow. xoxox

how can i join a team? can you pls guide me?

of course i can! at the top of the cambridge diet forum, click on CD Teams and then find the team advertising agency thread. then just look and see which teams are recruiting and click on their thread and ask to join. i am in team 10 The Shrinking Violets. not sure if we are recruiting but pop on and ask. our leader frances is great and she will let you know if we have space. we are a very supportive lot! here is the link to our team:

http://www.minimins.com/cd-teams/58054-team-10-shrinking-violets-official-thread.html

well done on the loss babycake! 2lbs is still fantastic!!!

Dione, i'm sure you will do great at your WI. i have to wait until monday and i am sooooooooo eager to get weighed it's unreal!

managed another day 100% yay me!!!

ohh i didnt know about teams either Gem ;)
I'll have a look

This is perfect timing!

Hi there everyone
:grouphugg:
I've just managed to restart CD and am day 3.... Almost in Ketosis I hope! :D

My hubby is working away for the next 6 weeks and I'd really like to be able to surprise him with a 2 stone weight loss, which I know from past experience is really achievable for me!

Please can I join? My first weigh in will be next Tuesday!
:thankyou:

Well done Gem, thats brilliant. Welcome Ali hope you are ok.
Well i have just got up extra early to go for my WI and found out its not until tomorrow as my CDC has plans today...i compleely forgot so i have got myself up too early for nothing arrgghhh how silly am i?
Oh well at least it gives me another day to make sure i am drinking the water and staying SS 100% :) speak later ladies xx

soontobelittlegem
shelz
Dione
hobbithead
Mrs bee
babycake
s 786
Sarah
sam786
happyway
alipally

Welcome alipally! I am also on Day 3 of my restart and hoping ketosis will kick in soon!

Dione-good attitude towards getting up early! I did that yesterday and found that it gave me more time to drink the water and not have to force it down so much!

Day 3 for me and not in ketosis yet. I am disappointed because the first time I did CD I was in on the morning of day 3. Oh well...good things come to those who wait! Scales only showing 4lbs loss so far aswell so hoping they will get moving a bit quicker!!!

Morning all!

Well, I'm officially in ketosis:D. I'm very pleased, because I'm usually the opposite to you Gem!

Am Feeling happy and positive and am planning to tackle more digging the garden.... I must stop the weeds from taking over completely, plus it's ace exercise... I've been doing it since I started CD and it still looks like I haven't bothered (Ah.... penny drops for Ali..... Digging= exercise, which= burn off more glycogen= faster ketosis!:rolleyes: God! I'm so slow sometimes!)

Hope that day 3 goes well for you gem and that Dion accomplishes great things in those extra hours created by getting up earlier than required.....

Keep it up guys.... I'm banking on this being a successful challenge for all of us!

Last edited:
i am on day 9 today. first 3 days were difficult but now it has become a routine. weekdays keep me firmly on track but yes i will admit i am scared of coming weekend. me, my hubby and daughter are used to go out either for a lunch and dinner on weekend. my hubby is quite supportive but i because of my diet, i dont want to spoil their plan. i hope i will have the courage to accompany them with my bar:)

Morning Challengers!!!

Good morning!
Where did everybody go???

Day 4 for me and I'm enjoying the positive effects of Ketosis... full of the joys of spring I am... already walked the dog and about to start the digging again!!!

Hope I don't run out of steam too soon!
I'm really up for this 2 stone in 6 weeks malarky... it seems to have boosted my mood having a definite time constrained goal that's really achievable for for me!

Morning! I'm feeling great this morning but apparently not in ketosis according to the sticks :confused:

Oh well, scales showing 7lbs loss so far so already quarter of the way there whoop! x

Morning! I'm feeling great this morning but apparently not in ketosis according to the sticks :confused:

Oh well, scales showing 7lbs loss so far so already quarter of the way there whoop! x

Hi Gem, i am sure you will be in ketosis very soon:)
7lb is great hun, keep it going.

I had my WI today and only lost 1.5lb :mad::cry: My cdc advised it was because i am not drinking enough water so i am on a mission now.
I am aiming for 4 litres so i know that i will drink 3.
I am so gutted i had a small loss :( :(

i hope so as todays WI has left me a little deflated. Off to do some work, will catch up late. xx

Sometimes after the first week's huge loss, you body needs to recoup a bit so will only allow you to lose a little. Next week you will probably lose 3-5lbs x

Back