2 week challenge anyone starting 8th may?

she is 62. sounds old when i write it down but to me she is still in her early 40's.

i think it probably does have an effect.
she isnt very mobile as she has knees like mine (has had a replacement on one) so wont be burning a great deal but from what i see her eat at mealtimes she really couldnt cut back more and still be eating healthy.
she is the tomato queen, just loves sliced tomato with black pepper on wholemeal toast. i think she would happily live on that if it were possible. lol

im gonna head off to bed.
not sleeping well lately but i can certainly yawn.
starting to worry that im starving the family of oxygen once i start yawning. lol
goodnight emma, hope u manage to get some rest hun.
speak to u tomorrow. :)

lol, bless her!!! and well done her for trying so hard!!

Been looking up cheaper food replacement diets...know anything about the asda measure up diet at all?

Money is just a bit tight right now but I want my OH to do a diet for her sake because she really doesn't like herself right now.

I'm going to take some painkillers and head to bed, really not feeling very well now :-( hope my glands aren't anything to serious otherwise they won't operate!

Good night sweetie xxx

Hi ladies, thought I'd check in and see how everyone's doing. Diet's still going OK - still 100% and managed 2.5lb loss this week.

Had a bad couple of days not related to CD, but to do with DD and school, but the issues do seem to have been dealt with by the Head, thankfully.

Hope things are going well for you all, Emma I see from facebook that you could have your op very soon - fingers crossed for you.

C x

hi ladies,
clazz well done on the weight loss hun. hope things are ok with ur dd in school.
i go for my weigh in at sw tomorrow night (7pm urgh, have always hated being weighed in the evening) but i dont think ive lost much at all. i reckon maybe 2-3lbs. i guess it could be my body getting used to eating a lot more than i was.
had a gorgeous stir fry tonight. beansprouts, ribbon noodles, courgette, onion, peppers, sugar snap peas, baby corn and quorn pieces all stir fried in frylight with soy sauce and worcester sauce. it was delish.
am about to tuck into dessert i should have had earlier.
home made fruit salad consisting of kiwi, strawberries, nectarines, grapes, banana and sharon fruit. :)
all superfree foods on slimming world so hopefully will make tomorrows weigh in a little better.

Mmmmmm, sounds delicious. Good luck for tomorrow I'm like you, I prefer a morning weigh in, but my CDC only does evenings.

How are things otherwise? Any more problems with your foster son?

C x

Thank you Claz, hope the problems haven't been too serious, it can be so stressful when our children are involved.

So had pre-assessment today and then a meeting with the admissions lady who showed me an e-mail from the consultant stating the I HAVE to be operated on within a couple of weeks however she couldn't book me in as he had no space available but she has a meeting with him tomorrow to see if he is going to open up another surgery day which if he does then I should be first in if he can't then I will be put on the emergency surgery list and could be called in with less than 24 hours notice! After discussing it with the nurse and reading my case file today I actually realised how serious it has all been :-( I didn't really believe the ward sister when she told me that I was actually only about 48 hours away from intensive care when I'd gone in :-(

Cheryl that sounds bloody gorgeous!!!! Nom nom!!! Fingers crossed for weigh in!! Have you been 100% to plan? You must let us know!

Vik where are you!?

I've e-mailed Fearless but no reply :-( wish she would come back!!! Xxx

foster son has gone into temporary residential care :cry:
i really didnt want it to ever come to this but eventually i had to consider the destruction that he was causing to my kids and my baby grandson.
im very disappointed that it didnt work out. he was here for almost 10 months. with all his flaws i will still miss him terribly and i will always care for him dearly.
we have been talking and have decided that once we are settled in the new house ( maybe after a few months settling period) we are going to apply to do fostering properly. obviously we are now going to have a spare room :( and i would hate for it to go to waste. maybe short stay or children slightly younger than 15 would be better for us. he came to us with far too many problems that we just werent equipped to deal with and quite frankly his social worker was a waste of time , visiting only when she could be bothered and in the 10 months he was here she had promised to take him out with his sister so they could keep contact and she took them out....... NEVER. he never saw his sister all the time he was here, or his mother but that was to be expected due to the history of their relationship.
on the diet front i have pretty much stayed on plan although i had a blip on saturday and sunday when i had 62 syns instead of my alloted 30 :eek:thanks to some chocolate raisins.lol
also i havent been having my b choices. im so scared of having high fibre food because it makes my IBS so bad. my IBS is the reason i have had agoraphobic issues for a long long time ( long story ) but i dont want it to get worse with high fibre intake so i have been avoiding the breads, cereals etc that make up the b choice each day.
it may have affected my weightloss... i will soon find out huh.

Think you've done the right thing in putting yourselves first, we would like to foster one day but only when we are done child wise, it wouldn't be fair otherwise. Totally shocking about the social worker, that really should be addressed.

Are you not even able to have small amounts of high fibre food if it's combined with your ibs medication? X

ive just bought some alpen light bars and some weetabix oatybars. i can have 2 alpen light bars or 1 weetabix oatybar for a b choice.
i havent tried the weetabix ones before as they are new but i used to have the alpen ones last time on sw. love the chocolate & orange and the chocolate fudge. yummm
will be starting on them tomorrow and see how my stomach is with them.
i love weetabix and crunchy bran but sadly my stomach doesnt like them at all and one bowl will have me stuck on the toilet all day so not going down that road often.
had my fruit salad and omg, yummmmm
ended up with raspberries, kiwi, pineapple, sharon fruit, strawberries, nectarines and grapes. all fresh and then sprinkled with canderel sweetener. delish

The fruit salad sounds yummy, it probably looked yummy and smelt yummy too! Now if I could convince myself that I liked the taste of any of it then I may be able to say that's yummy too! Wish I liked fruit! Grrr.

Well I just blew healthy eating with 4 slices of WW bread with low fat spread, a handful of jelly tots and a tuc biscuit :-( I was bored and hungry and resentful of the world! It seems to be since they've told me I can't have high fat foods I want them all the time I just want to keep eating and eating and eating, can't wait to get this bloody surgery out the way, recover and get on with Exante/Cambridge which ever I get on with best! I have another 6 stone too lose and I just want to get it gone! Oooo maybe I'll lose a few ounces when they remove my gallbladder!

Maybe I should put a film on and just fall asleep to it...got to be better than stuffing my face... I've got no other crappy food in so if I want to eat I'm going to have to resort to cooking if I get the urge to satisfy my food urges! X

:birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday::birthday:

TO CHERYL!!!

x x x x x x x x x

Ooooh Cheryl, it's your birthday? Hope you're having a lovely day and being well looked after.

Love Clare

Xxx

lol thank emma and clazz. :D
Did i forget to mention it was my birthday ?. how did that happen :rolleyes: lol.
had a pretty good day which i am about to blow with chocolate cake and carte dor ice cream but hey, its my birthday and after recent events i deserve a treat. just this one treat though and straight back on plan as of the morning.
went to weigh in tonight and ........ lost 4.5lbs :D. very impressed with that, that'll do nicely.
hope u ladies are doing good.

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping ok.

Diet-wise it's been 100% here, but it's been a mixed week otherwise. DS as been away on his school residential so it has been quiet, but had huge issues with school over stuff which really affected DD and ended up speaking to Head (twice). I'm going to have to keep a really close eye on things there.

How was your birthday blowout Cheryl? I hope you enjoyed it. My daughter has been begging me to help her bake a cake - I finally caved today - torture and it's only just this minute come out of the oven. I know it's going to be calling to me, I'll hear its little voice in the middle of the night and in my dreams calling out "eat me, eat me" :cry:

Have you got a date for your op yet Emma? Hope it's soon.

Fearless - If you're lurking I would be good to hear from you.

And Vickie - where/how are you babe?

C x

hey clazz.
i hope u get things sorted with ur dd. im assuming there is some form of bullying going on?. my sons both suffered bullying throughout school.
it is awful when ur heart tells u to let them stay at home when realistically u know that isnt an option.
i do hope it is being dealt with by the head. if it is bullying then no way should it be tolerated.
glad ur managing to stay on plan even though emotionally u must be feeling the strain.
the birthday meal was nice. we ended up having chippy followed later in the evening by my birthday cake (triple layer chocolate cake) with caramella ice cream.
felt very naughty but at least i feel like im over my birthday and can continue where i left off now and dont feel like i put a downer on my birthday meal due to ' not being allowed' the foods i wanted.
i still may regret it come weigh day. lol

Back