2011 - Whats in store for you

Happy Holidays

Gold Member
Ok so now 2011 is here I'm so excited. On 11th Feb we're off to India for 3wks, we'll be touring Tamil Nadu & Kerala, everything is booked & what we can pay for now has been paid for, we just need to work out how much spends to take.

We're also hoping to save enough money to go back to Florida in December (so I can see 'snow' fall on the Magic Kingdom). It's amazing how much money you can save when you really set your mind to it:D

Otherwise I've nothing else exciting planned for 2011.

Anyway, I know there are a few babies due this year & weddings so lets here about it and I can get even more excited:D:D:D:D:D

I dont have much planned for this year. Possibly a road trip to Venice via a few other places with two other friends but thats about it. Im sure other exciting things will crop-up throughout the year though.

going to try and go back to Monaco for 3 weeks. my boyfriend uncle has an apartment there that we can use if he's not there. we hire a car for the entire holiday which allows us to visit lots of places in the area.

what could be a very expensive holiday is a bargain as the accommodation is free. i'm so happy that we can experience this part of the world despite being peasants! lol

Ooh that sounds a fantastic year for you!!

My birthday is in a few weeks, and am hoping my 12wk scan wont be far off! then in May were off to cyprus for 10 days! YAY! and i plan to wear a bikini, preggers or not!! i hope to finish my course im doing with stonebridge by the time bubba arrives, and hope to fully decorate the nursery by july. Then il finish work and be a mummy when i POP! :eek:) xxx

Karen, we are off to Monaco as part of our road trip to Vanice!

Ive just booked a new year massage for tomorow, bring it on!

Going to Manchester for the weekend in January can not wait for a break and time out. I can only deal with one event at a time because I think tunnel visionally :)

Ok so now 2011 is here I'm so excited. On 11th Feb we're off to India for 3wks, we'll be touring Tamil Nadu & Kerala, everything is booked & what we can pay for now has been paid for, we just need to work out how much spends to take.

We're also hoping to save enough money to go back to Florida in December (so I can see 'snow' fall on the Magic Kingdom). It's amazing how much money you can save when you really set your mind to it:D

Otherwise I've nothing else exciting planned for 2011.

Anyway, I know there are a few babies due this year & weddings so lets here about it and I can get even more excited:D:D:D:D:D

That sounds amazing.

My son works for Blackberry in some executive, consultant position, to complicated for me to understand. He works in India a lot and is off again next week for 3 weeks. He loves the country and says the service and the people are fantastic. You will love it .

going to try and go back to Monaco for 3 weeks. my boyfriend uncle has an apartment there that we can use if he's not there. we hire a car for the entire holiday which allows us to visit lots of places in the area.

what could be a very expensive holiday is a bargain as the accommodation is free. i'm so happy that we can experience this part of the world despite being peasants! lol

Love it............. even the peasants get to enjoy the other side of life lol !!!!

Going to Manchester for the weekend in January can not wait for a break and time out. I can only deal with one event at a time because I think tunnel visionally :)

Enjoy ilovelife............it is my stomping ground. I was born in a superb of Manchester, Didsbury and spent many happy hours there as a young woman.
Relax and enjoy.

Very jealous of your trip to India - Kerala was one of the places i'd really wanted to go to, but when I travelled there it was the monsoon season, so I stayed up in the mountains. Loved my trip and where I went, but i'm still desperate to get back there again.

I don't have anything planned this year yet other than a trip to Rome at some point. I do really want a proper holiday this year though - haven't had one for 5 years, but before I can do that I need to find a new job. My contract finished on christmas eve, so desperately need a permanent job again now.

So really my 2011 is:
Get a job
Move out again (dependent on the first happening!)
Go on a proper holiday

2011 for me will mean turning 21 in January and thats about it really!
My OH and I will also be celebrating our 6 year anniversary in January and 2nd year of being engaged next December

sounds amazing!!
i just want to work hard towards paying off our debts-not make it worse and also work towards decorating the house with what we have instead of leaving it until we can afford perfect!
ultimately i just want to stick at working hard towards what we want-to achieve or start to achieve it and to end the year feeling happy and secure!

This year I have the following to negotiate my way through.

My brothers 30th birthday. My sons 18th birthday. My husbands 40th birthday. The Minx-in-Laws 80th birthday. My cousins highland wedding. Thats without my other two kids birthdays which are never a cheap deal anyway. Then my son is hoping to go to university dependant on his A-level results.

We can afford precisely none of this. I predict an incredibly stressful year. I would buy lottery tickets and live in hope, but frankly, cant afford them!!

OMG Fillymum... Small world!!!... I'm typing this in Didsbury as we speak!!!!!

Oh such good memories for me. I went to primary school on Beaver Road and loved going to Fletcher Moss Park. When I was old enough the Old Cock and The Didsbury were favourite haunts.. I got married first time round in the church behind the Didsbury.

This year I have the following to negotiate my way through.

My brothers 30th birthday. My sons 18th birthday. My husbands 40th birthday. The Minx-in-Laws 80th birthday. My cousins highland wedding. Thats without my other two kids birthdays which are never a cheap deal anyway. Then my son is hoping to go to university dependant on his A-level results.

We can afford precisely none of this. I predict an incredibly stressful year. I would buy lottery tickets and live in hope, but frankly, cant afford them!!

Well it is a good job I still buy them then lol !!!!

I start a new job on 10th January. My 40th birthday in July and im going to a really posh health spa for a long weekend. Then my son starts nursery school in August. not sure what else will crop up.

Karen, we are off to Monaco as part of our road trip to Vanice!

oh lovely :) enjoy it!

i'm dying to go to venice - hoping to get there in the next few years. i went when i was 4 and have some nice memories.

Well we did have a dream holiday to Mexico booked for our 5th wedding anniversary in may but that's been put on hold as I'll now be losing my job at the end of 2011. So we'll be working on paying off debts before then, I'm planning A surprise birthday party for my hubby's 30th in April, our niece is being born in feb so we'll be getting to know her, as well as hopefully getting pregnant at some point ourselves in 2011.
Could be quite a big year...

Well I am 30 in march. Just doing a big meal out a's can't afford a party.
August we are hoping to go abroad for out 2 year wedding anniversary also first family holiday and will be trying for a baby on that holiday. With my son we decided to try on the Thursday and 10 days later I had a positive test so hoping it will be that quick again. X

For me there is 3 biggish things and a few little ones :)

1. My 21st birthday.
2. 6 year anniversary.
3. Qualifying as Nurse.
4. Holiday to Espana.
5. Getting on the road (fingers crossed)

When is your birthday Allie ?
Whereabouts in Spain are you going ?

Sounds like plenty to look forward too !!

hugs xxx

going to try and go back to Monaco for 3 weeks. my boyfriend uncle has an apartment there that we can use if he's not there. we hire a car for the entire holiday which allows us to visit lots of places in the area. what could be a very expensive holiday is a bargain as the accommodation is free. i'm so happy that we can experience this part of the world despite being peasants! lol

Brilliant, I'd love to go to Monaco & just do some people watching. What a lovely place to go. When are you thinking of going?

My birthday is in a few weeks, and am hoping my 12wk scan wont be far off! then in May were off to cyprus for 10 days! YAY! and i plan to wear a bikini, preggers or not!! i hope to finish my course im doing with stonebridge by the time bubba arrives, and hope to fully decorate the nursery by july. Then il finish work and be a mummy when i POP! :eek:) xxx

Flipping eck what an exciting year ahead you've got. When you write it out like that July just doesn't seem that far away:eek:

I like Manchester there are so many things to do, lets hope the weather stays mild & we don't have any more snow;)

Very jealous of your trip to India - Kerala was one of the places i'd really wanted to go to, but when I travelled there it was the monsoon season, so I stayed up in the mountains. Loved my trip and where I went, but i'm still desperate to get back there again.

I don't have anything planned this year yet other than a trip to Rome at some point. I do really want a proper holiday this year though - haven't had one for 5 years, but before I can do that I need to find a new job. My contract finished on christmas eve, so desperately need a permanent job again now.

So really my 2011 is:
Get a job
Move out again (dependent on the first happening!)
Go on a proper holiday

We've been to North India & I'm so excited going to South India we are doing a train trip to Ooty which is through the hills:D And the people are lovely some may look at you & think 'cash cow' but on the whole helpful and polite people. I hate job hunting, its so depressing, especially when you don't get replies. I hope you get something soon. Good luck. Don't forget to let us know how you get on.

2011 for me will mean turning 21 in January and thats about it really! My OH and I will also be celebrating our 6 year anniversary in January and 2nd year of being engaged next December

Are you having a party for your birthday and anniversary?

i just want to work hard towards paying off our debts-not make it worse and also work towards decorating the house with what we have instead of leaving it until we can afford perfect! ultimately i just want to stick at working hard towards what we want-to achieve or start to achieve it and to end the year feeling happy and secure!

How lovely

This year I have the following to negotiate my way through. My brothers 30th birthday. My sons 18th birthday. My husbands 40th birthday. The Minx-in-Laws 80th birthday. My cousins highland wedding. Thats without my other two kids birthdays which are never a cheap deal anyway. Then my son is hoping to go to university dependant on his A-level results.

Oh crikey what a lot you've got on. Its all rather exciting, a highland wedding that should be fun. We were lucky the best place for the course DS wanted to do was at University of Central Lancashire which is just a few miles from where we live. It really has helped him living at home. But we always made it clear they would have to pay for their own uni course & he has. Don't waste your money on lotto tickets OH won about £20 last year but I won quite a bit, (not ££££££ more ££) this year I'm going to keep a note of how much I win.

I start a new job on 10th January. My 40th birthday in July and im going to a really posh health spa for a long weekend. Then my son starts nursery school in August. not sure what else will crop up.

What a lovely time to start a new job at the beginning of a new year. Awwwww starting nursey a sign of them growing up. Enjoy your spa & let us know how it goes.

Well we did have a dream holiday to Mexico booked for our 5th wedding anniversary in may but that's been put on hold as I'll now be losing my job at the end of 2011. So we'll be working on paying off debts before then, I'm planning A surprise birthday party for my hubby's 30th in April, our niece is being born in feb so we'll be getting to know her, as well as hopefully getting pregnant at some point ourselves in 2011. Could be quite a big year...

I'd be inclined to still go on the holiday & hope a new job came up:rolleyes: Yep you've defiately got a big & exciting year ahead.

For me there is 3 biggish things and a few little ones :)
1. My 21st birthday.
2. 6 year anniversary.
3. Qualifying as Nurse.
4. Holiday to Espana.
5. Getting on the road (fingers crossed)

When's your birthday? When will you qualify as a nurse & where in Espana are you going?
Well I am 30 in march. Just doing a big meal out a's can't afford a party. August we are hoping to go abroad for out 2 year wedding anniversary also first family holiday and will be trying for a baby on that holiday. With my son we decided to try on the Thursday and 10 days later I had a positive test so hoping it will be that quick again. X

Wow how exciting another minimins baby :D Where you off on your hols?

Thank you all for the replies it's been very enjoyable reading it & finding out whats in store. If you remember I'd like updates on birthday's/anniversaries/holidays/weddings etc please.:D:D:D

Back