2013 New Starters - Let's get this done!

Lula

Hi, Well yet again it's the new year and a decision to lose the three stone (previously 1 stone, then 2 stone) that has crept up. I'd say I don't know how but I do - I eat like a pig! I have done SW many times before with varying amounts of success (the piles of books in my kitchen are testiment to this). I am doing it alone this time and have come across this forum so will check in and register each Wednesday rather than weighing in at class. I am a 40 year old mother of two boys (15 and 12), currently at uni studying to be a nurse so limited funds. Anyone who wants to join me you are very very welcome x

Hello and welcome it is my first day today too, I'm rejoining tonight from a good 2 month break have no idea how much I've gained but strangely looking forward to it.
This forum is really great for support and new recipes etc and there is a thread somewhere called Wednesday at home weighers if you haven't found it already
Good luck

Hi all Happy New Year . I am rejoining on Saturday morning which is ideal for me. ( I have waited so long for someone to start a weekend class) I have about 20 lbs to lose and I am definitely getting to goal this year.

I'm hoping to go to my first slimming world meeting this week, some what scary but I need to do something before non of my clothes fit :$

Welcome to you all and im sure you will all do brilliant.

Good luck

Thanks for replying everyone - I feel really welcome! Toddles - thanks, I will join the Wednesday weigh-in group aswell. This is such an active and friendly forum. I actually feel positive about this 3 stone going this time and staying off. Good luck and here's to a successful 2013 x

I've restarted this morning too! Couldnt put it off any longer so jumped on scales this morning and decided enough was enough!

I've joined the Wednesday weighers group so will see you over there and will look forward to hearing how you get on!

xx

new to this site, but not the diet.

thanks for all the welcomes xx

Welcome and good luck to everyone rejoining or starting SW for the first time! x

Me too .. restarting again for what feels like the thousanth time, also about 3 stone to lose !! this time when I get near target I will stick to at it :)

See you over in the weigh-in thread in a weeks time x

I'm rejoining on Tuesday night but starting right now.
I stopped going in August and have put on two stone since then. It's ridiculous!! It's only my own fault though! xo

Hiya everyone!
I too have had a 2 month break from slimming world and tomorrow I'm getting right back on that buckaroo of a horse!
i weighed myself this evening so that tomorrow I wouldn't be so shocked when I tip the scales tomorrow. I could have cried, 15st :cry:
then I promptly jumped off, had a swift stern word with myself and said enough is enough. I'm 25 this year and want to lose it for good!
Also, if I reach goal before the end of the year I've promised myself a new car.

I hope that I'll be popping in regularly. Well at least once a week to sob about gains! Lol.

2013, it's now or never!!

good luck fellow slimmers! Xxx

I'm joining on Saturday morning too! I need to lose 3 stone, no excuses! I have so many exciting things to look forward to this summer and I refuse to ruin them by worrying about what I look like and feeling uncomfortable in my clothes. Good luck everyone!

I'm a rejoiner too :-/
Need to lose 2 1/2 - 3 st I think but get weighed tonight for the first time in 6 weeks. It's about my millionth restart but enough is enough and I'm determined to be at goal by August when we go on holiday to Florida!!!
Good luck everybody

I joined last night. I had previously lost 4 1/2 stone with WW but have put just over 2 stone back on and fancied a change from counting points.

I've just had a massive lunch of tinned salmon (free) pasta (free) loads of salad (superfree) and extralight mayo (1 syn) followed by a bowl of fruit salad (superfree)....my colleagues (and I) can't believe I will be able to lose weight like this.:eek:

I joined last night. I had previously lost 4 1/2 stone with WW but have put just over 2 stone back on and fancied a change from counting points.

I've just had a massive lunch of tinned salmon (free) pasta (free) loads of salad (superfree) and extralight mayo (1 syn) followed by a bowl of fruit salad (superfree)....my colleagues (and I) can't believe I will be able to lose weight like this.:eek:

Just goes to show you if you eat the right things, what it can do for you.

Back