2013: The year of the continuing loss

Not finding it a struggle getting back onto plan today :). I think if I do have treats its best to avoid takeaways, not just cos they are probably more unhealthy but I always have leftovers which tempt me the next day.

This is my first day off in what seems like forever, but I feel I need to get up and go somewhere...very unlike me :p. Might get up and walk to Morrisons to buy some more eggs and green tea lol

Sounds like you are doing great and totally in control!
I've gone back to WW lol which means another new diary!!

Sounds like you are doing great and totally in control!
I've gone back to WW lol which means another new diary!!

I think I am...atm but it can spiral all out of control so fast lol

Oh really, is SW not working for you? Best to go with the one you are more comfortable with, was it WW you lost weight on before xmas?

I think I am...atm but it can spiral all out of control so fast lol

Oh really, is SW not working for you? Best to go with the one you are more comfortable with, was it WW you lost weight on before xmas?

Just try and stay focused!!
Really not enjoying SW yeah I lost nearly 3 and a half stone on WW last year it's what works for me xx

Just done my weekly shop bought quite a lot of fresh fish :). Having Cod and oven chips for my tea, like a healthier version of the delicious fried stuff. Also found out salad cream is not really that unhealthy, the normal salad cream had less calories and fat in then the light mayo had.

When I have more money coming in at the end of the month going to have to be more inventive instead of oven chips every day :p. But even then I am still not coming close to my 1200 target, my main meal still leaves 500 calories left and I am never normally left feeling hungry. Might start eating dinner more often then that will be those 500 calories incorporated. All in all I am fully focused now.

Will post a few targets I have a little bit later on :)

What I want from this:

So when I was walking to Morrison's I was thinking about what I want from this weight loss :D. Easy enough to say, but I will be much happier when I get to my end target. I don't think you realise how unhappy you were at your highest weight until you lose some of it.

So along with being happier I want to be more comfortable in how I look and what clothes I wear. I reached the point where I was just wearing dark colours all the time because bright clothes were showing my true size, but I love colourful bright clothes. Along with this it started to become a problem even buying clothes, I am only 5ft 6in so when I reached a 36'' waist and even 38'' at one point, it started to become a serious problem getting clothes that fitted which I liked.

Finally, I think as I mentioned at the beginning of my first thread that I started uni in '09 and I was between 10st 7lbs and 11st then....and happy. I finish uni in June and I don't want my weight gain to be one of the main memories I am taking back home with me. I want to move back home near enough the size I was when I came here four years ago :).

Targets
So moving onto my targets atm. These will change at some point, hopefully my targets lowering due to how well I am getting on :p

First target
Next Thursday
Target weight-12st 12lbs. Target BMI-29

Quite simple, lose 2lb's by next Thursday, This will not only put me at 2 stone lost overall but will put me into the 12 stone category which will be an amazing feeling :)

Second target
21st March
Target weight- 12st 6lbs. Target BMI-28.1

Few reasons for this target date. 1) This would mark 1st lost since I restarted this at the start of Feb. 2) I have some friends coming that weekend who I wouldn't have seen since xmas. 3) I will be going back home for Easter the following Monday, which means seeing friends and people at work for first time since xmas.

Third target
2nd May
Target weight- 11st 7lbs. Target BMI- 26

So this will be the week which I will return to Manchester for my final term and final exams. This target is important as the loss from the 21st March to 2nd May will be done back at my parents,where temptations will be staring me in my face.

Forth target
30th May
Target weight- 11 stone. Target BMI-24.9

This would work out perfectly. I move home around the 30th May, leaving Manchester behind. This would put me at the weight I left Manchester for 4 years previously and amazingly into the normal bmi :)

Fifth (final) target
19th July
Target weight- Between 10st and 10st 7lbs. Target BMI- 22.6-23.7

So this would be the finishing line to my challenge....exactly 1 year on from when I first started. Hopefully nearly 5 stone lighter, healthier and happier :)

So there I go, non of my targets are really unrealistic they all just mean about 2lb loss a week, just need to stick to it and be determained. Bring this on I can see that finishing line in the distance now

Some brilliant goals set there and they are all very much achievable x

Just had Fresh baked Sardines for my tea. So nice and cheap too, need to have them more often

Thought I would compare a few pictures from

When I was at my heaviest, just below 15 stone at the start of July I think these were taken
181796_10151038112094048_1154941634_n.jpg301744_10151033831432177_1591710757_n.jpg

Then now at 13 stone, so two stone gone. I was looking for recent photos from nights-out but I seem to avoid the camera when out these days :p. Only recent one from a night-out is on my bday in Dec when I was basically the same weight as I am now (but its blurry).

042.JPG148600_10151366142297177_2026640661_n.jpg

I think I see a little difference. Let hope I continue seeing those little differences over the months as they may add up to a big difference :p

Last edited:
Just watched the documentary about Weight Watchers. In a way it felt like some assignments I have wrote where I am trying to find little bits of evidence to back up what I am saying, but it didn't come across too well.

I can understand totally why people do it. But for 20 odd pound a month I find being a part of a site such as this and using MFP as a brilliant alternative. One thing that did surprise me is the secret cameras at the meetings. I can understand they have to sell products but it looked like a sales pitch at some points, plus both of the 'leaders' I heard talking seemed so ridged, if I was to go to a group like that I would want it to have a friendly atmosphere with the leader being a lot more relaxed. Even though they were blurred out the 'leaders' all looked slightly overweight themselves, that wouldn't motivate me, someone who is still overweight advising me how to lose weight :p.

I'm sure all meetings are different though, maybe the government should invest millions into more free weight loss groups instead of pointless campaigns which no one pays much attention too and cost millions or advising people to join WW.

Rant over :p

Here to subscribe :D

Great weight loss so far hun and woo hoo to 6lbs for last week great work.

Had to laugh at the statement if you had lost 2lb a week when you started you would be at goal, if i had carried on the first time i set out to lose weight id be anorexic by now :p Im a great believer in that things happen for a reason and that is why i havent succeeded before but this time round im going to do it and so are you!

Keep up the great work x

Here to subscribe :D

Great weight loss so far hun and woo hoo to 6lbs for last week great work.

Had to laugh at the statement if you had lost 2lb a week when you started you would be at goal, if i had carried on the first time i set out to lose weight id be anorexic by now :p Im a great believer in that things happen for a reason and that is why i havent succeeded before but this time round im going to do it and so are you!

Keep up the great work x

Thank you :D haha yeah 2lbs a week sounds so simple in theory doesn't it, never that simple, really I just need to stay focused from now till July can't afford any more 5/7 weeks off.

I totally agree with you, one of my favourite sayings is 'that everything happens for a reason' :)

Few more months left of cold weather i'm sure we can shift a decent amount before the summer. Was just reading your thread and I totally agree in the summer I will often be found wearing a jacket, then sweating more. Summer ain't my most enjoyable time a lot due to getting so damn hot because of my weight lol x

Last edited:
Going to sound like a women here, but just tried on jeans which wouldn't even fasten in the summer and now they fit comfortable. Well happy

Hey just catching up! You can totally see the difference in your pics, you are looking great fab news about the jeans too x

Just had baked haddock cover in lots of garlic for tea, was lovely but think I over cooked it a bit. Stuffed now lol

Nightmare day yesterday.

Got so stressed over the amount of uni work I have and then I had money deposited in my bank then for the bank to 'correct' this for some unknown reason and take it back out. Can't get in touch with them due to not having money on my phone with their 25p a min call centres. So probably going to have to wait till Friday to go into town and try and sort it out. Unnecessary stress.

So what did I do, turn to a takeaway. Didn't enjoy it and have what I can only describe as a food hangover this morning lol. Wouldn't be so annoyed with myself if this was Thurs,fri or Sat, but not so close to my W/I.

Oh and my battery has gone AGAIN on my scales, so need to buy a new battery for that on Friday pushing my weigh in a day later. A day of drinking lots of water and green tea to flush all the salt out of me from last nite :/

Money problems sorted. Apparently a data error, it did stop me going out with my friends last night though :mad:

Now onto two 3000 word assignments both due on Monday....which I ain't started. Last minute should be my middle name

Well done on the jeans great to fit back into smaller things isnt it :D

Put the takeaway before you hun whats done is done its the past so just keep going and make better choices in the future :) your doing great and im sure it will show at weigh in x

Well done on the jeans great to fit back into smaller things isnt it :D

Put the takeaway before you hun whats done is done its the past so just keep going and make better choices in the future :) your doing great and im sure it will show at weigh in x

Thank you :D. It felt weird wearing jeans for the first time in about a year, but felt like an accomplishment.

Yeah your totally right, can't go back and change things. Quite glad my scales are broke, gives my body time to get back to normal before Friday and get rid of the water all the salty food clings on too
:) x

My flatmate bought a new battery for the scales.

-2lbs lost this week :D

Yay well done hun keep it up :D x

Back