2013: The year of the continuing loss

Great loss well done you. Keep up the great work x

Thanks guys :)

I can remember when I was 13.12/13, I decided that I am never going to see the 14 stones again and I moved right away from them and never looked back.

Decided I won't be seeing the 13 stones again now, they are in the past, gonna be comfortable and happy about being in the 12s and not worry about slipping back into 13s at all :D

Thanks guys :)

I can remember when I was 13.12/13, I decided that I am never going to see the 14 stones again and I moved right away from them and never looked back.

Decided I won't be seeing the 13 stones again now, they are in the past, gonna be comfortable and happy about being in the 12s and not worry about slipping back into 13s at all :D

Great attitude :DI can honestly say i will never see the 21st 20st or the 19st again and hopefully by the end of the month i can say i will never see the 18st again :D
Keep up the great work your nearly at goal x

Great attitude :DI can honestly say i will never see the 21st 20st or the 19st again and hopefully by the end of the month i can say i will never see the 18st again :D
Keep up the great work your nearly at goal x

Its a brilliant way to think, try and not look back :D

Not had a brilliant week, went out on Saturday night, had fried chicken and chips and yesterday went to Morrisons and bought a full cooked chicken and ate it ALL with four bread buns. Eeek I did have two assignments to hand-in yesterday though, so there is my excuse. Got two days of eating well and then see what the outcome is on Thursday.

Planning for a perfect week from Thursday, gonna try and not have my normally cheating meal or night out :p

Those bad days obviously got outweighed by the good days, lost -2lbs this week.

Gonna aim for a perfect week this week, so the 2lb loss hopefully won't feel like such a challenge. You never know though the body works in weird ways.

4lbs away from my target with 4 weigh-ins to go. Hopefully I can reach it early :)

'Gonna aim for a perfect week this week'

Ppff I couldn't have been further away from that, ate more then I was at my top weight. Probs put those 2lbs plus more on from last week, tried to make up for it the past day and a bit, but only would have been damage limitation if anything. Annoyed with myself

Had a terrible week but somehow just managed to stay the same. 12 and half stone you are in my sights next week though :p

Just tried on a t-shirt which I couldn't even get on back in July (didn't get time to take it back though haha). Now it fits perfectly, can even button the top button, which I couldn't even do in Jan. Feel proud. Two pairs of my chinos are practically hanging off me now, one pair won't even stay up without a belt. Can remember in July just before I started this diet that I said to my friend 'I will be happy if these fit by the end of the summer because they are tight already' :D

Nice to see a change in clothes and not just scales

Last edited:
Made the most delicious beef stew today. Used vegetable gravy for the stock and trimmed all the fat off the steak the night before, so was quite healthy too.

This diet is making me a better cook :p. Also put a picture of myself on facebook and got lots of complements off my friends who I aint seen since at least Xmas. I know you do this for yourself but the complements are really a boost.

Out tonight and not worried about it, as long as I can avoid takeaway food then I will be fine :)

Hey Paul, the sound of your stew is making me feel so hungry!! Keep up the great work xx

Hey Paul, the sound of your stew is making me feel so hungry!! Keep up the great work xx

Thanks Nessa, it was really lovely. Gonna make it again next week :)

Totallllly messed up AGAIN this week though. I am hoping for 1/2lb gain to give me a kick up the arse. I could probably hit a 4lb loss if I didn't have my usual slip-ups every week.

Expecting 12.12 tomorrow. Would mean 3lb loss for the next two weeks to reach my target, not impossible but will require a lot of work an no slip ups

A totally undeserved -1 loss 3 days of eating well should not be better then 4 days that involved a binge, two takeaways and a night out.

No reason why I shouldn't be hitting my target a week early. -3 will be gone next week

Because I have nothing better to do, I was trying to measure myself against old pictures and I would say this is the lightest I have been since November 2010, lets hope to keep rolling back the years even more :p

Hi Paul - found you!

1. I have enjoyed reading your diary so much it completely motivates me
2. you have encouraged me to eat fish
3. your photos are gorgeous
4. your weight loss is so inspiring
5. and you've managed this whilst studying - big pat on the back

...I'll be back!

Have a great day and good luck for wi xxx

Hi Paul - found you!

1. I have enjoyed reading your diary so much it completely motivates me
2. you have encouraged me to eat fish
3. your photos are gorgeous
4. your weight loss is so inspiring
5. and you've managed this whilst studying - big pat on the back

...I'll be back!

Have a great day and good luck for wi xxx

Thank you so much :D.

I have just read through your diary, I see you are thinking about upping your calories and a lot of people suggesting it. Whilst that works for a lot of people I would say just be careful how you do it. Learn how to understand your body, for example I can just go most days with one main meal, whilst i'm eating healthy or unhealthy. I kept taking the advise of eating more small meals throughout the day and upping my calories...and kept failing every time.
Not saying at all you should do this but what you are doing now is working well for you. Unless you are feeling really hungry or tired due to the diet don't change too much as it can turn into a downfall.

Its important to understand how your body is reacting to the change and we are all different regarding how we react to changes :). Was going to post it on your thread but didn't want to sound like a twat when others are suggesting perfectly fine options too. Your doing well anyways and upping your calories by a few hundred would do you no harm :)

My weigh-in tomorrow, bit of a mixture of anticipation and anxiousness. Hoping for 2lbs to have disappeared, been reasonably good this week so see it as a possibility :)

lol don't be daft - everybody is entitled to their opinion - I am trying to just eat 3 square meals because I tend to graze 24/7 - so I think oh I've been really good today - only had dinner - and then I remember the 4 packets of crisps, 1/2 pack of biscuits etc. mfp gave me 1360 cals two weeks ago when I first started - when I lost 12lbs on the first week, it cut my cals to 1290 - I am going to try and stick to 1360 but I will have a few treats along the way - or as others say eat back some of my execise cals

Good luck with wi - you will be fine!

lol don't be daft - everybody is entitled to their opinion - I am trying to just eat 3 square meals because I tend to graze 24/7 - so I think oh I've been really good today - only had dinner - and then I remember the 4 packets of crisps, 1/2 pack of biscuits etc. mfp gave me 1360 cals two weeks ago when I first started - when I lost 12lbs on the first week, it cut my cals to 1290 - I am going to try and stick to 1360 but I will have a few treats along the way - or as others say eat back some of my execise cals

Good luck with wi - you will be fine!

Yeah that seems like a sensible route to take. Defo agree with your treats every now and then, I normally try to go for it once a week, often something to look forward to :p

Thank you, fingers crossed

I've been really good this week but think I maybe just short of my target, but I still have another week to hit it so not too worried. A 1lb or 2lb loss will be certainly deserved this week after a totally undeserved 1lb loss last week

Last edited:
Back