2013: The year of the continuing loss

*Drum roll*

-3lb lost, means I have hit my target a week early. No way did I think 6 weeks ago after being off the diet for 5/6 weeks that I would get back on it and be down to 12.6 lbs, feels amazing to actually have hit my target

Last edited:
So I have given myself 8 weeks to get down 11st 7lbs....omg even just typing that is a bit overwhelming. Back in October at 14st 7lb I never dreamed I would be here talking about getting back into the 11 stone's in two months :D. Set myself a bit of a schedule of what I want to weight in the next 8 weeks, will be interesting to see if it keeps me on track :).

Week 1 (next week) 12st 4lbs
Week 2-12st 4lbs (I am realist, I have friends coming down for the weekend and then going back home for Easter on the Monday so a STS would be a success)
Week 3-12st 2lbs
Week 4-12st
Week 5-11st 13lbs
Week 6- 11st 11lbs
Week 7- 11st 9lbs
Week 8- 11st 7lbs

I would be a fool to think it would all happen like that but nice to have small targets within my mini targets :D

Thanks Donna :)

Just got a big assignment back and got 63% in it, over the moon with that as I had expected about 55% at best. One of the lads in my group got 36%, not sure how I could go on knowing I got that in my final year lol

Deciding how to celebrate. Was it a night out or a takeaway? Decided on neither for a change just had a massive tea.

2 slices of toast
2 poatched eggs
chips and garlic wedges

My plate was practically over flowing and I am close to bursting point, but I think that carb attack would have been better then a night out or a takeaway lol

Just realised I am 20lbs away from having a normal bmi....that is exciting :D

Thanks Donna :)

Just got a big assignment back and got 63% in it, over the moon with that as I had expected about 55% at best. One of the lads in my group got 36%, not sure how I could go on knowing I got that in my final year lol

Deciding how to celebrate. Was it a night out or a takeaway? Decided on neither for a change just had a massive tea.

2 slices of toast
2 poatched eggs
chips and garlic wedges

My plate was practically over flowing and I am close to bursting point, but I think that carb attack would have been better then a night out or a takeaway lol
Well done on your assignment!! Just keep your head in the books

Dinner sounds delish! I'm not surprised you couldn't move lol

Just realised I am 20lbs away from having a normal bmi....that is exciting :D
OMG that is so exciting and you'll get there within the month I bet!

Been pestering my Mam to let me get a new dog after ours passed away in August, but I think I have over pestered and I am not sure I want a new one now.

Want to buy something after my exams though, I was thinking maybe a treadmill. Not the type of person to go to the gym fat or thin lol. So thinking a treadmill would be a good purchase and would mean when I do reach my goal sometime this year that I can keep fit still. I have got this far with hardly any exercise, so thinking it would help get rid of the final stone and a bit I would have to lose in the summer and then it could also help increase my fitness levels

Range of picture updates (helps me keep track of my progress :p)

So these pics were when I started recognising I had to start getting a grip. April/May '12 about 14st 9lbs....still took a few months until July until I got going though.

374024_10150750130059048_1256555700_n (1).jpg423296_10150563515750699_1371474156_n.jpg

Then just before I started at my top weight 14st 12lbs

550783_10151038112524048_431832855_n.jpg600718_10151038122459048_2137595572_n.jpg

Down to 13st 10lbs

017.jpg198262_10151342022034048_2003300920_n.jpg

Down to 13st 1lbs

042.JPG31906_10151437507263836_950626657_n.jpg

Then currently at 12st 6lbs

549336_10151358273336647_1885595025_n.jpg

Lets hope to keep adding to this :)

Thank you Donna :) I think I am starting to see the difference now too, esp in my clothes. Not gonna buy many new ones until I am down at least another stone though, baggy clothes look worse then tight ones lol

Attempting my version of a chicken stew, more vegetables then chicken though, didn't get my estimates quite correct haha

004 (4).jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Donna :) I think I am starting to see the difference now too, esp in my clothes. Not gonna buy many new ones until I am down at least another stone though, baggy clothes look worse then tight ones lol

Attempting my version of a chicken stew, more vegetables then chicken though, didn't get my estimates quite correct haha

View attachment 82823

couldn't agree more - loose clothes make you look ten times bigger (doesn't stop me hiding behind them tho lol) when I am as slim as you you can remind me I said this

that stew looks amazing - i prefer the veg to the meat - when we have stew I serve the lionshare of meat to hubby and kids

couldn't agree more - loose clothes make you look ten times bigger (doesn't stop me hiding behind them tho lol) when I am as slim as you you can remind me I said this

that stew looks amazing - i prefer the veg to the meat - when we have stew I serve the lionshare of meat to hubby and kids

Yeah you want nice fitting clothes to show your new size don't you. Saying that the loose clothes are always a good indicator of how far you have come.

Yeah I know what you mean actually, never used to be much of a veg fan but can't get enough atm.

my lot hate carrots...so i finely grate them and they have absolutely no idea lol!

I have clothes that range from size 14 to size 20!!! before xmas I cleared all my old clothes out and sold them for £28 to one of those cash for clothes cos I suddenly thought am I ever going to wear a puffball skirt or pair of flares lol

my lot hate carrots...so i finely grate them and they have absolutely no idea lol!

I have clothes that range from size 14 to size 20!!! before xmas I cleared all my old clothes out and sold them for £28 to one of those cash for clothes cos I suddenly thought am I ever going to wear a puffball skirt or pair of flares lol

Haha thats such a good idea, I am already changing meals back at home even though I ain't there atm. Told my mam how healthy Turkey is and cheaper then chicken and they are having Turkey Curry tonight. Gonna be tougher back home, plus when I am home from uni I work at KFC....the temptation is terrifying haha

Oh I know exactly what you mean. In the summer when I started this I was sorting out my clothes and there were some massive size differences and clothes with tags still on which I obviously must have bought and they didn't fit. Got rid of 2 bags full and now have two draws of clothes at home with clothes that didn't fit then but I still liked. Actually looking forward to going back to try those clothes on next week now as some must be able to fit on me now lol

Hey Paul, just popping in to say what a fantastic transformation! (Though even at your heaviest you don't look anywhere close to 14 stone!)

I think your little mini goals are more than achievable, and you'll be there in no time at all. Keep it up x

Haha thats such a good idea, I am already changing meals back at home even though I ain't there atm. Told my mam how healthy Turkey is and cheaper then chicken and they are having Turkey Curry tonight. Gonna be tougher back home, plus when I am home from uni I work at KFC....the temptation is terrifying haha

Oh I know exactly what you mean. In the summer when I started this I was sorting out my clothes and there were some massive size differences and clothes with tags still on which I obviously must have bought and they didn't fit. Got rid of 2 bags full and now have two draws of clothes at home with clothes that didn't fit then but I still liked. Actually looking forward to going back to try those clothes on next week now as some must be able to fit on me now lol
You might find just the smell of KFC puts you off - KFC is the only fast food I hate

Well done on getting your mum to make changes - not sure I could have that effect on either of my parents

It will be fun trying your old clothes - theyw ill be falling off you

have a great day x

Hey Paul, just popping in to say what a fantastic transformation! (Though even at your heaviest you don't look anywhere close to 14 stone!)

I think your little mini goals are more than achievable, and you'll be there in no time at all. Keep it up x

Thank you so much :) We have actually lost the exact same amount go us :p

You might find just the smell of KFC puts you off - KFC is the only fast food I hate

Well done on getting your mum to make changes - not sure I could have that effect on either of my parents

It will be fun trying your old clothes - theyw ill be falling off you

have a great day x

Must admit I love a kfc, definatly not having it every shift I work though. Even when I was back at xmas and went off the diet a bit I didn't fancy it so much. If I pick the right things though it ain't one of the worst takeaways calorie wise lol

Thanks its been a good day. Got 68% in my third last assignment, felt awkward cos all the people I was sitting with got from 40%-47%, so had to be really humble about my result, although I had a massive grin inside lol

Just had the rest the stew from yesterday for tea, got 5 bowls out of the pan in the end. Although I did give one of them to my flatmate who said it was amazing lol. Finishing the day with two of my fav healthy snacks, pickled onions and prawns and only 50 calories for both, makes me really wonder why I used to gauge on crisps and other high cal. rubbish

002 (2).jpg

Must admit I love a kfc, definatly not having it every shift I work though. Even when I was back at xmas and went off the diet a bit I didn't fancy it so much. If I pick the right things though it ain't one of the worst takeaways calorie wise lol

Thanks its been a good day. Got 68% in my third last assignment, felt awkward cos all the people I was sitting with got from 40%-47%, so had to be really humble about my result, although I had a massive grin inside lol

Just had the rest the stew from yesterday for tea, got 5 bowls out of the pan in the end. Although I did give one of them to my flatmate who said it was amazing lol. Finishing the day with two of my fav healthy snacks, pickled onions and prawns and only 50 calories for both, makes me really wonder why I used to gauge on crisps and other high cal. rubbish

View attachment 83053
Just allow yourself KFC once a week - say the day you weighed in - as your treat

WELL DONE!! 68% is amazing - you are such a lovely man to be as humble as you are - I hope you jumped up and down when you got home!

Love pickled onions - its funny isnt it when you finally change your crap eating habits and you realise how tasty healthy food is!

Good idea Donna, nothing is terrible for you if you eat it in moderation, guess thats peoples down fall sometimes having too much restriction leading to a binge and failing at the new eating habits.

Got a lot planned for the next 10 days though, involving copious amounts of food and alcohol. Got friends coming to Manchester on Saturday, will involve lots of food and a night out, then back home for Easter on Monday. Just need to make sure the days outside of the weekend are good days and then I might get a STS :)

Out again the following Saturday, my friends birthday and the the night is starting on a 'party boat', its bad I am looking forward to the buffet more then anything haha.

These occasions/nights out used to scare me knowing I could fall off the wagon but now I just look forward too them. Feel more in control then ever to know I won't fall off the wagon, its a lifestyle change not a lifestyle restriction we are doing :)

Oh W/I day tomorrow to, hoping for a 2lb loss been really good with my food this week lol.

Boiled eggs, oven chips and tuna for tea. Down to the last of my food, don't want to do another shop as I am going home for 5 weeks on Monday lol

Back