21st newbie looking for motivation!!

this-is-my-time

Hi all, just wondered if anyone else was over 20st mark and feeling quite deflated about the long journey ahead??? I know u should look at the short term goals but u can't help but look at the bigger picture. I am loosing my weight for hopefully being accepted for ivf!! Keep being told by dr that bmi too high and they will not see me until this has come down. I have to get it to 30 and currently at 44!!! All I can think of is this number and the fact that I need to loose a total of 7st :-( xx

Sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed when I look at the mountain I have to climb. I think it's only natural and I'm sure most people feel that way at some point if they're honest.

I find focusing on the little goals does help, as does the group. I'm very lucky because my brother was Man of the Year this year and he's amazing at keeping me motivated, but there is so much help and support right here.

Another thing I find helpful is updating my stats here the moment I get home from weigh in. I love watching my BMI recalculate. It's much higher than yours but in three months it's already fallen almost five points.

Just stick with it and take it one day at a time. We will get there :)

I felt exactly the same when i first walked through the doors of SW. My consultant tells everyone the same... Just take it half a stone or 1 stone at a time. When you have a lot to lose it is really daunting but you/we will get there. It won't happen overnight but we knew that anyway :) Hang in there and best of luck to you. xx

I am just going to take it one stone at a time and try not to think about the biggere picture. It is easier said than done but i know that I can do this. Today is the start of a brand new week - and its gonna be a good one. I am organised and got my slow cooker out and cooking away the dinner as we speak :) I have used it all weekend and its been great. How are you both getting on? x

Good luck to you , you will do it! The biggest battle is the mental one.

Stay positive, every pound is a step closer to your goal and what you really want in life, if you keep that in your mind you will get there.

Xx

Hey hun, we are simlar weight :) I am 21.5, I don't go to the groups ( cant afford it) but have the books and mag and minimes to keep me on track I hope.

I am only starting (over again) today and also have a long way to gooooo to

taking it a stone at a time is a good idea hun, and maybe giving yourself a non food related reward-I am going to book to have my eye brows threaded when I get to 21 stone :)

Good luck hun. xxx

Hiya :)

I started SW six weeks ago at 21st 2lb and felt completely daunted by the mountain ahead... But I'm actually really enjoying it so far :D

I'm focusing more on the small differences that losing the weight is making rather than the weight itself - things like being able to cross my legs again (Yay!!) and being able to chase the Grandchildren for more than a couple of minutes - and that seems to be working for me ... I've lost 25lb in 5 weeks and whilst I don't look any different and my BMI probably isn't much different either I do feel much better in myself already.

I'm also going for non food related treats as rewards xxx

Little rewards and treats for us along the road is defiantly allowed and needed!! You are both doing great. We are all in this together and will help each other. I love this site but I do go to class too. I need to go for that bit of motivation. If I did it at home I would prob cheat along the way.
I am very happy as I thought I was going to have a gain this week. Feeling really bloated as was due my period today but I lost 3.5lbs & I also got my first half stone sticker too :) Lost 8lbs in total in 3 weeks ???? I know it's a bit slow but I am not bothered aslong as it keeps coming off x

Thanks hun, its good we are ALL seeing the scales go down. i would imagine the classes are fab for keeping you on track hun too :) Great you are doing so well and 8lbs in 3 weeks is good hun, from what I have read (please correct me if I am wrong) that if you loose 2lbs ish a week then its a steady loss and i think you are more likely to keep it off rather than with like crash diets (i have been guilty of them in the past!)

Hope you have a good day xxx

Thanks hun, its good we are ALL seeing the scales go down. i would imagine the classes are fab for keeping you on track hun too :) Great you are doing so well and 8lbs in 3 weeks is good hun, from what I have read (please correct me if I am wrong) that if you loose 2lbs ish a week then its a steady loss and i think you are more likely to keep it off rather than with like crash diets (i have been guilty of them in the past!)

Hope you have a good day xxx

I am sure that I have read that somewhere aswell - if you loose weight at a steady pace it is more likely to stay off. I have also been guilty of these crash diets before and they do not work!! I love SW as it is more of a lifestyle change rather and my hubby also eats what I make. It means that I am not going to have to make 2 different dinners every night.

My sruggles are at lunchtime, I never know what to bring into work for lunch. Today I have tuna pasta and will need to have it with salad cream as I hate it being dry!! x

I hate dry food too and also struggle with lunches at work ... we have a microwave here but because I work in a tiny office I don't get an actual lunch break where I can leave my desk, and customers arrive unannounced at all hours of the day, so if I'm eating I have to put it to one side (and it goes cold).

Anyway (God I waffle on!) ... that's meant me sticking to salad most days - leaves, grated beetroot, celery, spring onion, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chopped peppers. Then as a dressing I make my own out of fat free natural yoghurt flavoured with either a little Asda Red Thai Curry Paste or Asda Kashmir Curry Paste (it has to be the Kashmir as the others are much higher in syns).

One teaspoon of paste flavours a whole large tub of yoghurt for 1 or 2 syns (depending on which paste) and lasts me for the whole week even though I'm generous with it.... and best of all it's FREE :D

It goes beautifully with pilchards, tuna, hard boiled eggs - even cod in parsley sauce and jacket potatoes xx

Ohhhhh Like the sound of your lunch, and handy to know about the Kashmir pastes. I love hard boiled eggs. xxx

Hello, apologies for hijacking but i'm also (well...was!) in the 21st bracket. I had my first meeting (well, by first, 5th first as have returned multiple times) on Monday 14th but normal weigh in will be Thursdays so had first 'weigh in' today. I had started at 21st on the dot and today 20st 8 1/2 so a 5 1/2lb lost...everyone keeps congratulating me but by god people, I have tried really hard and to only lose 5 1/2lb I was mortified. At 21st I felt that I should have lost far more than that. Honestly, pre-diet I had 203 takeways per week, other meals were anything unhealthy out of the freezer and lunch....well...lets not go there. I really felt I should've lost more (who eats 4 pieces of fruit a day?! I mean really now, i've done it for 10 days but hell...I got this fat on biscuits not pears, its just not natural!)

Anyway, onwards and upwards lovelies, onwards and upwards (or, as my leader likes to say at least 7893598 times onwards and downwards....I nearly chuckled the first time she said it, after that, not so much)

xxxx

Welcome huni !!!!!!

We are all in this journey together, welcome onboard. Let's motivate each other.

All your takeaways were in the past - this living in fruit is the future for us all :)

Ur weight loss is fab ..... Well done!!!!!!
How are you feeling with the plan? xxx

Hows everyone doing?

I am loving looking through the recepie section lots of yummy meals :) xxx

Hello, i wish you all the best in your weight loss journey :) starting is always the hardest part! just think of the outcome! you can do it!

Back