Total Solution 2nd Attempt for Goal Weight!

Muso_Girl

Hello MiniMins!

I started the Exante TS in January 2015 and despite a few mishaps here and there, I went from 15 stone to 12 stone and was pretty pleased with that! I'll be honest, I didn't stick to it 100% and I know that in the four months that I was on the diet, I could have lost another stone, but I felt happy at 12 stone and looked and felt so much better and at the time, that was enough for me.

My goal weight was and still is 10 stone. Part of me feels a little bit annoyed with myself for not just getting on with it and doing it! I actually managed to keep the 3 stone off for over a year and was eating pretty normally and not denying myself anything. Unfortunately, quite a lot of stuff has happened this year and I went back to old and terrible habits of eating junk food and takeaways. At my last weigh I had put just over a stone on in just 2 months. It could well be a little more now since I hid the scales.

However, I am back on TS and am determined to make it to 10 stone this time. One thing that really did help last time was posting in here. Even if nobody reads my diary, it helps to write it down! I intend to stick to TS 100% for 100 days which theoretically should get me to my goal. I have decided that for me, it's all psychological and I need to once again change my mentality about food, so I have decided not to weigh myself for 4 weeks so that the weight isn't an issue. I am still a size 14 (just!) but some of my clothes have become a little uncomfortable, so I will just mentally accept that I don't eat food and will use diversion tactics if I need to (tetris on my phone has become incredibly useful!) and once I fit into my skinny jeans once more without having to bend back double to do up the zip, I will start weighing myself and recording my weekly weight loss!

This site was a godsend to read last time and feel very lucky that there are so many of us on the same road! I have just completed day 3 and actually feel totally fine! As before, I leave my first shake of the day as late as possible, around 3pm and then have one at 6pm and one at 9pm and it works. So far none of the headaches and nausea I had in the first week last time, I just have to not give in to the mental temptation of eating!

Does anyone else find that the food never tastes as good as you dream it will when you crave it!?

Welcome back love your plan of not weighin for 4 weeks. I'm on week 4 and still weigh every day haha just can't help myself. You've done so well just goes to show what junk food does doesn't it that was my main problem found it convinetent with having a little one then at night after running around all day would love nothin more than to chill with some wine and a Chinese/ KFC/ mac Donald's . I think these foods are alright as a treat but I was having like 3 a week and wonder why I'm the size I am. I used to go and eat large meal with side of bites etc the calories in it is crazy . So not worth it . Good luck look forward to reading your diary

Hello again! Thank you for your comment, it really does help so much to have support! If I'm honest the real reason for not weighing in for 4 weeks is that I'm too afraid to get on the scales and see just how bad the damage is! I am hoping that in 4 weeks I will be at least back to where I was, my best weight in about 15 years and then I can start fresh from there weighing in every week! Four weeks is awesome! It gets so much easier once you're that far in. And yes, junk food and takeaways are EVIL! If you're anything like me, the calories just don't matter at the time you're eating it, but then afterwards, you feel so crap and awful, you wonder why on earth you did it in the first place! This week I am trying to reimagine that horrible feeling every time I feel tempted. Pizza is my biggest downfall, followed by the immediate convenience of McDonalds!

So day 4! I teach on Tuesdays and Thursdays and these are always my worry days as I don't always have time to have a pack and end up hungry! I also find that these are the days where I'm emotionally struggling and feel the need for a reward (food!), as teaching is definitely not my first love. (Teaching violin to 8 year olds can be testing believe me!). Today, I had a shake before I left for work at 3pm, should have had a bar at around 6pm but didn't have time. So I got home at 10pm and had a shake then. It's now 1.15am and I've just had my third. I didn't actually want it, but I know you have to have all three or your body can go into starvation mode so it's necessary! Also, on such a low calorie diet, you have to make sure you're getting all of your nutrients from each pack. However, I'm most proud of the fact I didn't even consider stopping for food on the way home! Clearly mentally I am getting on board with this!

My only slight slip was that I drank a can of diet coke as the little cafe at the school I was at didn't have coke zero, but I take that as a small slip really! I could have had water admittedly, but I needed the caffeine at the time and there were no hot drinks. Reminder to myself to take a flask of tea with me next week!

I have three days of working from home now so it should be easy to keep on track and then I'll have got through week 1!

Hope anybody who reads this is doing ok!? Let's all get pumped for this together! :)

I tell you what fair play for lasting till 10pm with only one product god I'd be evil . I sometimes dnt have dinner and end up with my second product about 4pm you just learn to get in with other things don't you, if I was you now when ever u feel sorry for yourself I'd think back to this day and how brilliant you coped, I think you did amazing coping all
Day and like you say having temptations on the way home well done you.

Thanks Laura! Yeah I was pretty proud! And another hurdle jumped today too as I had a night out. My friend's folk band was playing at a bar and I had promised ages ago that I would go. Driving is obviously a good excuse not to be drinking and my friend was also very supportive of me last time I was on the diet so it was totally fine! I drank sparkling water all night and even ate a bar in public while others were having sandwiches! So day 5 done! One shake at 3pm, one at 6pm and a bar at 10pm! Roll on day 6!

Wow well done you , it's so hard at times but we can get pass them can't we. Times like that tho I really want somethin but soon as had a bar etc it completing goes away like when my daughter eats a KFC in front of me . She nearly 2 and when she hands me the left over chips and chicken and I take them to the bin , hate doing it but I do then move on haha. My husband also sits there with kebabs I reckon he thinks I'm a dog sometimes I go upto his food and smell it It actually smells not as good as it looks so I'm like ye dnt smell very nice .

Iv actually noticed a lot of people actually drink water don't they when their out so I don't think we stand out to much . Good thing about bars is could be a choc bar. I always worry about people looking what iv got like when iv sat in a cafe shaking my shake at lunch times everyone stares. Then I look back and think yep your putting weight on I'm not .

Well done again

Thanks Laura! Not been brave enough to have a shake in public, but yes the bars are great! I love the lemon ones, the caramel crunch ones and the cookies and cream. They are a life saver! I also love that you don't have to have them all in one go, you can nibble on them!

I got past one week with no cheating! (Apart from that can of diet coke!) Three shakes on Saturday and three shakes yesterday. I don't feel as hungry at all now which is great. So today marks the start of week 2! The only thing is that I invited a friend to dinner on Friday and I'm supposed to be cooking! I invited her before I re-started the diet. So at the moment trying to decide if I have her over and cook something really low-carb so I can try and stay in ketosis, or go with the original plan of risotto and not have any packs that day, enjoy the food and get back on it the next day.

When I have a cheat day, I really do have a cheat day... I go massively overboard, thinking, well if I'm going to cheat, I might as well cheat. I could use this as a way to try and get over that and have a nice meal in moderation, healthy, no extras and straight back on the diet on Saturday, but part of me is worried I will end up thinking "well I have eaten now so I might as well have chocolate/cake/etc"!

At least I've got a few days to consider it. For now though, put my jeans on this morning and they already feel almost normal so it must be working!

Errrm yes i would stick to original
Plan haha but that's just me . To be fair I don't think that kind of food will be to bad considering what I eat and still loose. I know when I have a treat it completely puts me back on track the next day feel like need a good detox as eaten crap. I stick to plan all day have 2 products then somethin naughty when I cheat. Don't know what I would be like having at treat at lunch would prob want more things lol, that why I stick to treat at night then I'm full up and don't think about food I also look forward to it all day. I'm trying to be good now till I get to 2 stone don't know how it will go tho seem to last a week and have a treat really need to stop this. Deffo not cheating this week tho want to loose as much as poss . Your doing so well not weighing im not going to weigh this week it's going to kill me lol.

Hmm my risotto has parmesan cheese in it! And rice is pretty carb heavy! Nearly cancelled on dinner plans and changed to drinks today, but decided to sleep on it and decide tomorrow!

I got through my second teaching Tuesday with no cheating! I can't believe how easy I've found it not to cheat this time, I'm just waiting to fall off the wagon, it's bound to happen eventually! Would love to get to the 1st of December, when I plan to weigh myself, without cheating, but we'll see!

Oh I definitely think leaving food till the evening is better! I definitely have in the past, eaten at lunchtime and then done the whole "oh well I've cheated now, I might as well properly cheat" and ended up getting take away and treats for the evening and eating myself into a stupor! I also have the problem where my eyes are way bigger than my stomach but I feel the need to eat everything that day because I don't want the food to be left the next day. Such awful habits!! It's a wonder I'm not diabetic!

So day 9, a lemon and yoghurt bar, a chocolate orange shake and I'm about to have my last shake of the day!

Your meal does sound nice haha. I'm determined to be good this week as sick of Just seeing 2lbs loss want to loose faster .

I also have the same prob when I have a treat I have the same amount and don't get me wrong I'm full pretty quick but kind of carry on eating oops. I think this is partly because it's so good and I don't know when my next treat would be lol .

My plan once lost the weight is to ov stick to low cals but for example at a Weekend when it's treat night basically have hardly any cals throughout the day like a bannana and maybe salad for lunch and hoping this will help
Keep the weight off.

When u kept yours off what kind of food was you eating and did you have a treat a week ?

Hello!

When I kept mine off I did spend most of the time being good, meat with vegetables or salad, but I did have treats yes! In fact, it wasn't until I abandoned all reasoning that the weight started to creep back on. The key is definitely moderation!

Unfortunately, I have not had a great weekend :-( As suspected, one day off it turned into five days off it. Thursday evening, mainly because I went out all day without food packs, I ate in the evening as I knew I'd be eating the next day. I cooked and ate risotto on Saturday and Saturday I attempted to be good and ended up ordering pizza when I got home at 10pm. I then ate the leftovers on Sunday and today wasn't good either. Complete fail. I should have cancelled dinner on Friday.

Oh well. Mess up done. I came on here to be honest about it with the intention of getting back on it tomorrow. Tomorrow would officially be day 15. I only managed 10 days in a row, gutted! Now I really have to get to the end of the month without cheating!! I have no will power!!

Don't beat yourself up to much this diet is really hard . Some people are only on here for short while iv got so much to loose so if I didn't have odd treat I would of quit my now as I dng have the will power either . Has it effected u much on the scales in mmmm dreading eating at crimbo coming off xmas eve for 3 days you watch il gain a stone haha. I kind of think tho you will get a huge loss again after eating for the first week does this happen .

Hello! :)
I'm having a full 3 weeks off at Christmas, lol. I think it might help me prepare for the initial gain when I stop doing Exante. I'm going straight back on in the New Year though, for as long as it takes xx

Ye I was thinking the same goin to try stick to 1000 cals 200 breakfast 200 lunch then 600 for tea when i
Come off. Trouble is I hate salad

I hate salad too Laura :confused: except with kebabs...:D
I'm going to add up the carbs in 3 packs and aim not to go over them each day. I'm not so worried about the calories because I'm pretty certain we won't go mad, I'm sure my stomach has shrunk already, I felt full after my pack at lunch time today, lol xx

Back