2st to lose on 26 Pro Points - Anyone similar out there?!

Hello ladies.

Sorry I've not posted in a couple of days.
Been away from the internet since saturday afternoon doing various things with my friends/boyfriend & working.

Hope you're both well and here's to a good week.

Any plans for the bank holiday?
Do you think you'll slip up at all?
I had chips at the seaside last bank holiday and still lost 2lbs haha.

And yes, don't worry about not being able to exercise OzLozz.
Losing weight is 80% food and only 20% exercise.
I'm sure you just hobbling around on your crutches is more of a workout than we get just walking normally.

I'm so pleased to hear that 80:20 rule as I also can't exercise at the moment! I think I will be ok over the Bank Holiday but next Thursday I'm going away for three days which means I will have to weigh a day early and there will be a whole lot of temptation available! X I

The 80:20 rule is what my gym instructor told me.
She knew I'd sorted my diet because I'd lost weight and lost inches as well.
She said that you can work like hell in the gym, but if you don't sort the food out, the weight won't come off.

Ooh... where you off to?! Anywhere nice?!
I'm going to Chessington World of Adventure tomorrow with my friends.
Going to make a packed lunch so I'm not tempted by all the fast food stands there.
I was at a BMF motorbike show yesterday with my boyfriend (he's bike mad. Me, not so much, but his mate let him down and I didn't want him to miss out so I said I'd go with him. It was a good day, but definitely more for him than me) and he went up to a takeaway truck and bought a chip butty. And it looked so nice. It was in a gorgeous looking, soft baguette. I absolutely love soft bread, and the chips were melting the butter and I was just drooling the entire time watching him eat it. I'm drooling now just thinking about it =(
Was so hard resisting it. Luckily I had a few snacks in my back, so I just ate them whilst he was devouring the most gorgeous looking butty in the world haha.

Sorry, that turned into a right ramble haha.
But on't worry about the temptation. I went to north wales a couple of weekends ago. Climbed mount snowdon, avoided temptation all weekend until the monday where I had a jacket potato from Wetherspoons for lunch. Went over my points that day because I ate my packed lunch as well. Weighed in that week and ended up losing 6lbs. My biggest 1 week loss so far.

So it can be done. Maybe flukily, but it can =D

The 80:20 rule is what my gym instructor told me.
She knew I'd sorted my diet because I'd lost weight and lost inches as well.
She said that you can work like hell in the gym, but if you don't sort the food out, the weight won't come off.

Ooh... where you off to?! Anywhere nice?!
I'm going to Chessington World of Adventure tomorrow with my friends.
Going to make a packed lunch so I'm not tempted by all the fast food stands there.
I was at a BMF motorbike show yesterday with my boyfriend (he's bike mad. Me, not so much, but his mate let him down and I didn't want him to miss out so I said I'd go with him. It was a good day, but definitely more for him than me) and he went up to a takeaway truck and bought a chip butty. And it looked so nice. It was in a gorgeous looking, soft baguette. I absolutely love soft bread, and the chips were melting the butter and I was just drooling the entire time watching him eat it. I'm drooling now just thinking about it =(
Was so hard resisting it. Luckily I had a few snacks in my back, so I just ate them whilst he was devouring the most gorgeous looking butty in the world haha.

Sorry, that turned into a right ramble haha.
But on't worry about the temptation. I went to north wales a couple of weekends ago. Climbed mount snowdon, avoided temptation all weekend until the monday where I had a jacket potato from Wetherspoons for lunch. Went over my points that day because I ate my packed lunch as well. Weighed in that week and ended up losing 6lbs. My biggest 1 week loss so far.

So it can be done. Maybe flukily, but it can =D

Hope you have a lovely time at Chessington sweetie, fingers crossed this weather improves for you!

We are off to Legoland, we have annual passes so going to use those and have booked a £29 Premier Inn for two nights to turn it into a bit of a Mini-Break! My biggest fears are your previously mentioned fast food stands and the all you can eat breakfast lol. At least if I WI before I go, although it will be a day early I will have a new 49 Weeklies Allowance!

Tomorrow is my daughters Sports Day, I have already planned and tracked what I will be having for my Picnic Lunch so I'm not tempted by the PTFA Stand, I think preparation is definitely the key to succeeding on this plan! X

Yes, planning is key.
I don't tend to plan my meals in advance, unless I'm going to be away from home, like a day out at chessington, lunch at work, staying at my boyfriend's (although I've stolen a shelf in his freezer for a few meals in case I stay there unexpectedly and don't have time to get food from home).
But as I mentioned, I do have a rough plan of points in place, so I usually work around that.

Oohh... Legoland. Very nice. I hope you have a good time. I've never been. But I'm sure you'll have a brill time. Are you spending every day in Legoland or are you planning other things as well?

The only downside with weighing a day early is that you'll have to wait an extra day before you weigh in again next time. But I believe you'll be able to do it no problem =)

Yes, planning is key.
I don't tend to plan my meals in advance, unless I'm going to be away from home, like a day out at chessington, lunch at work, staying at my boyfriend's (although I've stolen a shelf in his freezer for a few meals in case I stay there unexpectedly and don't have time to get food from home).
But as I mentioned, I do have a rough plan of points in place, so I usually work around that.

Oohh... Legoland. Very nice. I hope you have a good time. I've never been. But I'm sure you'll have a brill time. Are you spending every day in Legoland or are you planning other things as well?

The only downside with weighing a day early is that you'll have to wait an extra day before you weigh in again next time. But I believe you'll be able to do it no problem =)

We will spend the whole 3 days in Legoland, my daughter is 5 and she absolutely loves it! Also the new land will be open for the first time since we visited so no doubt she will want to spend lots of time in there! X

Hello Ladies!!

I have finally caught up on all the posts over the last couple of days. How are we both? Everything sounds good and positive from what I've seen, and glad to hear it!

Firstly I feel I should introduce myself to you properly without using my alias name. Emma and Serena, I'm Lauren. Most of my friends call me Lozz and I'm originally from Australia, hence the OzLozz.

I am a single mum with a 7 year old son and have been in my newest relationship with John (Defo 'The One') for the past year. In fact it's our 1 year anniversary on Saturday and we are going out for a posh meal in London together, and I can't wait!

Well so far I'm doing ok and haven't ruined my week by going over my points and still have 3 days until I weigh in on Friday. I must say I'm seriously confused with how this diet works. Do I eat my weekly points or don't I? Do I eat plenty of free foods or am I ruining my chances of a big loss?

I think my plan is to see this week through and then try something different maybe. I am eating a lot and that is probably not a good thing. I'm wondering if I should combine WW with doing Intermittent Fasting (IF). I did it before by sticking to a certain eating timeframe and restricted calories. I managed to loose almost a stone and a half in about six weeks.

What do you guys think? X

Hello Ladies!!

I have finally caught up on all the posts over the last couple of days. How are we both? Everything sounds good and positive from what I've seen, and glad to hear it!

Firstly I feel I should introduce myself to you properly without using my alias name. Emma and Serena, I'm Lauren. Most of my friends call me Lozz and I'm originally from Australia, hence the OzLozz.

I am a single mum with a 7 year old son and have been in my newest relationship with John (Defo 'The One') for the past year. In fact it's our 1 year anniversary on Saturday and we are going out for a posh meal in London together, and I can't wait!

Well so far I'm doing ok and haven't ruined my week by going over my points and still have 3 days until I weigh in on Friday. I must say I'm seriously confused with how this diet works. Do I eat my weekly points or don't I? Do I eat plenty of free foods or am I ruining my chances of a big loss?

I think my plan is to see this week through and then try something different maybe. I am eating a lot and that is probably not a good thing. I'm wondering if I should combine WW with doing Intermittent Fasting (IF). I did it before by sticking to a certain eating timeframe and restricted calories. I managed to loose almost a stone and a half in about six weeks.

Hi Lauren :)

I am also a single mummy, I have one 5 year old daughter called Poppy :) I don't have a new partner, I'm quite content with it being just me and her. How long have u lived in the UK? Which part are you in? I'm in Kent, lived here all my life.

I am also very undecided of the Weeklies, this week I have not been in any situations where I have needed them so I haven't used them just for the sake of it however in future weeks I will use them if I have cause to, does that make sense?!?

I eat plenty of the free foods however I always call them 0pp rather than free which keeps a reality check on how many I should eat as they obviously do have a calorie count! I know it's only a difference of a word but it works for my brain!

I have read a lot in the press lately about IF, I personally don't agree with the idea as its a fine line between IF and binging/starvation but that's just my personal opinion. Although it seems like we eat lots on WW, if you do stick to it (and I mean honestly 100% stick to it!) it does work as proved by millions so just stick with it. My two keys with WW are tracking and planning, I think the actual food plays very little part of it!

Keep in touch Sweetie. X

Hello Ladies!!

Hi there,
Hope you ladies don't mind me butting in or joking the thread? My name is Aishling , not in UK .. I'm in Ireland.
Poor Lauren :( hope your feeling better soon. I'm in bed three weeks today with possible ruptured disc in my lower back. Seeing consultant on Friday. I think I may have over done the exercise. Always found if I done too much exercise my weight stayed the same. Do miss the good aul simple walk tho xx
As for your question on weeklies and eating 0pp food .... I believe we should eat them or as much as we need anyway on good food. I'm at ww a long time and made mistake of using points for rubbish and diet food etc, now I use them all on good food like real butter , real 7up, sugar instead of sweetener etc. I have much bigger losses. They say your daily isn't enough calories for a woman's body ... Then we need some or all our weeklies , you should play around and see but defo eat some of them as we a really need the calories but use them wisely for a good loss Hun as I was eating a lot of rubbish but staying within my points... My weight stabilised and I was gutted each week until I changed my menu and mind completely x
Also 0pp or free food all has calories so if your eating a lot of this aren't you just aswell to eat your weeklies so? It's all calories xx. Hope this helps :)
Hi Emma and Serena xx
Serena has been very good to me on diary thread so thanks for encouragement, x

Hi there,
Hope you ladies don't mind me butting in or joking the thread? My name is Aishling , not in UK .. I'm in Ireland.
Poor Lauren :( hope your feeling better soon. I'm in bed three weeks today with possible ruptured disc in my lower back. Seeing consultant on Friday. I think I may have over done the exercise. Always found if I done too much exercise my weight stayed the same. Do miss the good aul simple walk tho xx
As for your question on weeklies and eating 0pp food .... I believe we should eat them or as much as we need anyway on good food. I'm at ww a long time and made mistake of using points for rubbish and diet food etc, now I use them all on good food like real butter , real 7up, sugar instead of sweetener etc. I have much bigger losses. They say your daily isn't enough calories for a woman's body ... Then we need some or all our weeklies , you should play around and see but defo eat some of them as we a really need the calories but use them wisely for a good loss Hun as I was eating a lot of rubbish but staying within my points... My weight stabilised and I was gutted each week until I changed my menu and mind completely x
Also 0pp or free food all has calories so if your eating a lot of this aren't you just aswell to eat your weeklies so? It's all calories xx. Hope this helps :)
Hi Emma and Serena xx

Thank you for your kind words Sweetie, sometimes it feels like I am waffling so glad I can be of help! X

Not at all ;) your fantastic xx thank you ... Here's to another good day x

Just updated my diary with my menu, try not to drool ;-) x

Hello Ladies!!

Hey Lauren.
Sorry I've not posted in a couple of days, life just seems to be taking over at the moment and when I get chance to get on the internet, I'm usually too tired to actually do anything haha.

I'm 23, and therefore don't have any children. And right now, they're not a part of my future either. But that may change one day, as I can get very broody sometimes haha.
I've been with my boyfriend for almost 6 months, and he's a huge support. We knew each other for about a year before getting together after we met in a local nightclub and I asked for the balloon he was holding in his hand. He agreed to a trade and for me to get the balloon from him, I had to give him my phone number. I obliged, because I really wanted that balloon, and usually boys don't tend to text me anyway. However, this one was different and he hasn't left me alone since ;)
The first year knowing him was a struggle. I really liked him, but he wasn't ready for a relationship, but we spent a lot of time together. Then finally, just before Christmas last year, he asked me out.

He can't do enough for me. He insisted to pay for my gym membership for me, but I hugely dislike taking money from people, so we made a compromise and we're paying half each. It's a real motivator because it's not just my money I'm wasting if I don't go.
I'm currently going to the gym 3-4 times a week, and taking 4-5 classes a week also.
He also wants to buy me a whole new wardrobe and braces for my teeth (I'm very unhappy with my bottom teeth as they're rather crowded and my dentist wouldn't put me onto the list until it was too late for me to go through the NHS due to my age) but I'm not happy about that one either. I might let him buy me a new dress or something but definitely not an entire wardrobe.
He also helps with my urges at eating rubbish, as I don't want to have to tell him I've put on weight, so I resist the urges.

You might end up getting the impression that he rules my life. It's not like that at all. I appreciate his opinion, and ask him and get a lot of support from him, but ultimately, if I want to eat 6 doughnuts, I will, I just know that I'd feel awful and disappointed with myself if I had to tell him, and my WW buddies, my mum, my grandma, and everyone on here that I'd gained.

I personally think IF could be difficult. I try and stop from eating after a certain time in the day, but I struggle. I just eat when I'm hungry.
Also, if there's too much going on, it may all cancel itself out.
Like, I keep looking at different exercise routines & weight loss methods online. But I have to remind myself that if I did 6 different things at the same time, they'd clash and I probably wouldn't lose any weight.
So I'm sticking to my gym, my classes and weight watchers.

Anyway, think I've rambled enough for now. Hope you're doing ok.

x

Hi there,
Hi Emma and Serena xx

Hey Aishling!
Welcome to the thread.
Yeah... I worked out that at 27pp a day, at roughly 40 cals per point, I'm eating 1080 calories a day, and then any calories from 0pp food.

I use my points on whatever type of food I feel like. But as I'd mentioned to Serena on one of the threads, I usually have Weetabix (made with hot water & sweetenet) for 3pp for breakfast (and then I tend to go to the gym for an hour and return and have a banana). Then I have a lunch of 6-10 points (usually a sandwich, occasionally a ready meal), then I have a dinner worth 7-10 points and the remainder goes on little snacks sometimes during the day, but mainly in the evening after dinner.
I usually have WW cakes/biscuits/desserts with my remaining points.
0pp foods I eat tend to be fruit (bananas, satsumas & apples), the white of a medium sized boiled egg (usually give my mum the yolk - she's on SW so can eat the yolks) and a Laughing Cow Extra Light Cheese Triangle (if I up that to 2 triangles, it costs me a point, so depending on how I'm doing with points, I tend to spread it out).

I try not to use my weeklies, the only time I do is when I'm eating a box of WW sweets over the period of a week and just stick them on there rather than taking them out of my actual dailies.
However, I did have my biggest loss when I wasn't strictly on plan. But I'd also climbed Mount Snowdon that weekend so don't know whether that affected it.
I don't want to mess around with the amount of weeklies I eat, because I know that how I am at the moment works, I'm losing a steady 2/2.5lbs a week. I don't want to risk gaining.
My cousin (also on WW) does say that she has bigger losses when she eats all her weeklies, but I also read that that doesn't work for everyone. And whilst I know what works steadily, I'm sticking with it.

I've been on WW for about 6 weeks now and have currently lost 13.5lbs (only 12.5lbs are registered at my WW meeting as I started counting points a week before signing up to class). I'm really happy with that and have only for 20.5lbs left to lose.

Right, finished waffling again.

Hope everyone's well =D
x

Your right Hun it's different for everyone xx must concentrate on finding my happy balance with points :) xx your well on your way well done x

Hey guys.
How's everyone getting on?

Hello Ladies! How are you all?

Big welcome to you Aishling and thanks for your point advice. Sorry it's taken me so long to post a reply, it's just been one of those weeks.

Same goes for the lovely Emma and Serena. It's nice to learn a little bit more about you both whilst we chat away.

Well to answer some questions....I've been in the UK since I was 15 and live in Essex but work in London. I met my boyfriend at work where I was apparently oblivious to the fact that he liked me for 18 months before I allowed him to cross over from the friends zone! Lol

He's a good man and is fabulous with my son which is the most important thing to me. I was single for almost 3 years before we started dating and I was contented with my life as it was if I'm honest, but tomorrow is officially our 1 year anniversary and I'm an excited little girl! It's no major milestone but its been a fantastic year together nonetheless.

So ladies how are you all finding it this week? I lost only a 1lb this week so I'm hoping for something bigger next week. Mind you, I could probably cut back on the amount of food I'm eating!

Awe :) lovely story ... My boyfriend has a little one, she is a little dote. A year is a long time and big milestone so congrats x
Eh missis go to the shop , buy a pound of sausages and you squeeze out all that sausage meat into a bowl !! Then you'll see a pound is a hec loads of weight ? well done x

Thanks Aishling. I suppose I had my heart set on 2lb and to be fair it was more a pound and a quarter but I just rounded it up. I don't think it has helped that I ate 45 points yesterday and it's also TOTM, but as you say its quite a lot when you look at it that way. I just don't want to get disheartened so early on because I've been feeling fab. My clothes are starting to feel loose and I don't look so round. I even bought a onesie (not normally my thing) but its in a small and I feel slim in it considering they are quite figure hugging!

If only I could strut my stuff in my Minnie the mouse and love heart onsie tomorrow! Hahaha.

So Aishling how much have you got your heart set on to loosing? X

Thanks Aishling. I suppose I had my heart set on 2lb and to be fair it was more a pound and a quarter but I just rounded it up. I don't think it has helped that I ate 45 points yesterday and it's also TOTM, but as you say its quite a lot when you look at it that way. I just don't want to get disheartened so early on because I've been feeling fab. My clothes are starting to feel loose and I don't look so round. I even bought a onesie (not normally my thing) but its in a small and I feel slim in it considering they are quite figure hugging!

If only I could strut my stuff in my Minnie the mouse and love heart onsie tomorrow! Hahaha.

So Aishling how much have you got your heart set on to loosing? X

I completely understand Hun .. Is there a way that we don't get disheartened ... Mmmm
Well in your case the 45pp would play a big factor so if you stick to it 100% wait until you see the loss next week .... Just eat your dailies the day before only just to see .. And look forward to it Hun .. Would love to wear I onesie !! Go for it girl haha strut your stuff

I'm hoping to lose 10 more lb !! I started my journey four years ago at 14st 12lb !!!! I was a size 20 for my best friends wedding , the bones buckled in my dress and knew that was the last straw !! So over the four years in lost four stone or just over that now. It's taking so long because I can fall off the wagon for a couple a months and it takes twice that to lose it again !! Like I've been in bed with my back for nearly four weeks, got on scales Monday and 7lb had crept up !! So was back tracking to a tee !!! No rubbish , just good honest food and back to my water and I had a sneak peek this morning and seem to be down 6lb already so it wasn't real weight but it doesn't be long getting a grip !!
So I feel like I'm on my final journey now to get to 9st 12lb to goal :) xx it's now or never xx I've shares in the company and sick of paying haha !!

What's your weight story Hun ? Jeeze talking like this makes me want salad for dinner haha thanks x

Back