2st to lose on 26 Pro Points - Anyone similar out there?!

Well I've never been a small girl really apart from one time in my life when boys started taking interest and food became a thing of the past. I was a chubby kid mainly down to family genes and because I just love food. I would exercise all the time but I was never going to be like the naturally slim girls. It wasn't until I moved from Australia to England and puberty kicked in. I went for being a chubby kid to a girl that was different and who had a different accent. All of a sudden I stopped thinking about food and more about clothes. I would walk an awful lot and remained between a size 8 - 10 for the best part of a few years.
It wasn't until I started taking the pill when i was in a committed relationship (with kids father) that the weight pilled on. I then just remained a size 14 for the rest of time!
Ive been pregnant twice and gained an enormous amount of weight both times. For the past 5 years I've kind of yo-yo'd between a tight 14 and a tight 12.

I would love to get back to what I was all those years ago but know that I was also just a kid so it may no suit me now.

I am currently a loose 14 to a 12. I want to see if I can get to my ideal weight for my height and age, so I'm making it hard for myself and aiming for 9st 9lb.

It's more than possible to reach that target if I stick to my points, even if I don't reach my goal date for a wedding in September, I will just keep going till I see the back of this dreadful year!

2013 has sucked for me so far as I'm in and out of hospital to have surgery on my hips. My overall target is going to the Xmas Markets in Germany and knowing that 2014 will be a healthy one for me xx

Well I've never been a small girl really apart from one time in my life when boys started taking interest and food became a thing of the past. I was a chubby kid mainly down to family genes and because I just love food. I would exercise all the time but I was never going to be like the naturally slim girls. It wasn't until I moved from Australia to England and puberty kicked in. I went for being a chubby kid to a girl that was different and who had a different accent. All of a sudden I stopped thinking about food and more about clothes. I would walk an awful lot and remained between a size 8 - 10 for the best part of a few years.
It wasn't until I started taking the pill when i was in a committed relationship (with kids father) that the weight pilled on. I then just remained a size 14 for the rest of time!
Ive been pregnant twice and gained an enormous amount of weight both times. For the past 5 years I've kind of yo-yo'd between a tight 14 and a tight 12.

I would love to get back to what I was all those years ago but know that I was also just a kid so it may no suit me now.

I am currently a loose 14 to a 12. I want to see if I can get to my ideal weight for my height and age, so I'm making it hard for myself and aiming for 9st 9lb.

It's more than possible to reach that target if I stick to my points, even if I don't reach my goal date for a wedding in September, I will just keep going till I see the back of this dreadful year!

2013 has sucked for me so far as I'm in and out of hospital to have surgery on my hips. My overall target is going to the Xmas Markets in Germany and knowing that 2014 will be a healthy one for me xx

You should write blogs :) you tell a story very well .... You can do this and your doing something for you , you will deserve that amazing feeling when you kick those hips in the butt !! It was the pill for me at 16 ( endometriosis ) that pilled on the weight, it never stopped then just on and on ! Until I took control ... Which we have do e now again ... Feckit we go through enough in this life to have to be upset about ... There's one thing in this life we can do to make us happy and that's lose weight :) so let's do it !! If it was possible to grow money but it was the hardest job Eber .. I know for one I'd be on my best day in day out! Ww is a lot easier so let's do it ?
Wow Xmas Markets ... Amazing xx bless ya keep up the high spirits and be positive xx it will help

ALOHA!
I'm doing really well thanks.
Hope everyone else is as well.

A mile is a major milestone, well it is in my opinion. I've never had a relationship last 6 months before, let alone a year, so I'm really enjoying this one.
I've only got the one ex because boys just weren't interested in me. And any time they were, it was for a dare or a joke.

I lost 2lbs this week. So I'm losing at a nice steady pace. But 1lb is definitely a huge amount, especially as Aishling said, if you think about it as sausage meat, or sticks of butter.
And it's down. Any number is brilliant as long as it's down.

It's good that you have goals set for dates.
I have a whole number of mini goals to work towards.
I see it as "oh... it's only a couple of pounds to the next goal" and that's what I aim for.
Trying to get a mini goal every 1 or 2 weeks if possible.
Next goal is 10% body weight at meeting, which is just 2.5lbs away. If I have a really good week, that'll be on Thursday, if not, I'm hoping I'll be able to reach it the Thursday after.

Do you have any mini goals Aishling that you are working towards?
I know you only have 10lbs to go, but 10lbs sounds a lot more than splitting it down into 2/2.5lb brackets.

Also, Lozz, your Romantic Break is my birthday =D haha

ALOHA!
I'm doing really well thanks.
Hope everyone else is as well.

A mile is a major milestone, well it is in my opinion. I've never had a relationship last 6 months before, let alone a year, so I'm really enjoying this one.
I've only got the one ex because boys just weren't interested in me. And any time they were, it was for a dare or a joke.

I lost 2lbs this week. So I'm losing at a nice steady pace. But 1lb is definitely a huge amount, especially as Aishling said, if you think about it as sausage meat, or sticks of butter.
And it's down. Any number is brilliant as long as it's down.

It's good that you have goals set for dates.
I have a whole number of mini goals to work towards.
I see it as "oh... it's only a couple of pounds to the next goal" and that's what I aim for.
Trying to get a mini goal every 1 or 2 weeks if possible.
Next goal is 10% body weight at meeting, which is just 2.5lbs away. If I have a really good week, that'll be on Thursday, if not, I'm hoping I'll be able to reach it the Thursday after.

Do you have any mini goals Aishling that you are working towards?
I know you only have 10lbs to go, but 10lbs sounds a lot more than splitting it down into 2/2.5lb brackets.

Also, Lozz, your Romantic Break is my birthday =D haha

Hi Elfy xx
I've lost count of my goals over the years .. My problem is when I get to a goal I tend to celebrate .... With food !!!! I've lost over 50lb now so it's gets so much harder but I will not give up this time and will not go back to unhappy me ;) on the outside I was bubbly but inside I was crying xx so my goal for my cousins wedding next weekend was 10st 2 1/2 lb !! Which would be my lightest ever at ww ( got to 10st 3lb before my sisters wedding, then put on 2st :( that's nearly gone again now) but I messed up because I was off with my back so if I'm 10st 6lb for the wedding and 9st 12lb for my boyfriends brothers wedding (goal) il be happy xx wow talking about goals makes it so real
Fair play with your goals I think your fantastic darlin :) and saying if not this week then next week ... With that attitude this whole thing will be a breeze for you xxx we all want something here and now !! Then so disappointed when it doesn't happen ... Might just take on your way of thinking xx

Hi Elfy xx
I've lost count of my goals over the years .. My problem is when I get to a goal I tend to celebrate .... With food !!!! I've lost over 50lb now so it's gets so much harder but I will not give up this time and will not go back to unhappy me ;) on the outside I was bubbly but inside I was crying xx so my goal for my cousins wedding next weekend was 10st 2 1/2 lb !! Which would be my lightest ever at ww ( got to 10st 3lb before my sisters wedding, then put on 2st :( that's nearly gone again now) but I messed up because I was off with my back so if I'm 10st 6lb for the wedding and 9st 12lb for my boyfriends brothers wedding (goal) il be happy xx wow talking about goals makes it so real
Fair play with your goals I think your fantastic darlin :) and saying if not this week then next week ... With that attitude this whole thing will be a breeze for you xxx we all want something here and now !! Then so disappointed when it doesn't happen ... Might just take on your way of thinking xx

Yeah, I can understand celebrating with food.
Many people on here seem to do that.
My boyfriend is very supportive and when I do well, will reward me with something small like a back massage.
He told me that if I lose all the weight I want to lose, he'll buy me braces, but I really don't want him to fork out 4 grand for me. That's just too much.
He's also planning on buying me a whole new wardrobe, but I won't let him do that either. I'm really not a big fan of people buying me things or borrowing money from people. I suppose I'm just a little too independent haha.

Is there some sort of arrangement you can make with your boyfriend for your goals?
Like him running you a nice bath, or a back massage, something non food related. A trip to the zoo, or a little trinket?!
Just a few ideas to get him involved, but to stop you from celebrating with food.
Maybe he could buy you a new pair of earrings or a necklace to go with your outfit if you hit goals for the weddings?!

And yeah... I'd love to have everything now, but it just doesn't happen like that. I'm just basically going on that I've had 3 losses of 2lbs (1 of 6lbs - that was an extreme case, but a brilliant 1st week - however I had climbed mount snowdon the weekend before - and 1 of 2.5lbs). And I'm just working out how long it will take me to get to goals based on a 2lb per week loss. I'm also hoping to be at goal by the end of august based on these numbers, but I know there's a possibility of having gains or smaller losses, so am giving myself until the end of the year to hit goal.
Really hoping it doesn't take that long, but that's my goal date.

Yeah, I can understand celebrating with food.
Many people on here seem to do that.
My boyfriend is very supportive and when I do well, will reward me with something small like a back massage.
He told me that if I lose all the weight I want to lose, he'll buy me braces, but I really don't want him to fork out 4 grand for me. That's just too much.
He's also planning on buying me a whole new wardrobe, but I won't let him do that either. I'm really not a big fan of people buying me things or borrowing money from people. I suppose I'm just a little too independent haha.

Is there some sort of arrangement you can make with your boyfriend for your goals?
Like him running you a nice bath, or a back massage, something non food related. A trip to the zoo, or a little trinket?!
Just a few ideas to get him involved, but to stop you from celebrating with food.
Maybe he could buy you a new pair of earrings or a necklace to go with your outfit if you hit goals for the weddings?!

And yeah... I'd love to have everything now, but it just doesn't happen like that. I'm just basically going on that I've had 3 losses of 2lbs (1 of 6lbs - that was an extreme case, but a brilliant 1st week - however I had climbed mount snowdon the weekend before - and 1 of 2.5lbs). And I'm just working out how long it will take me to get to goals based on a 2lb per week loss. I'm also hoping to be at goal by the end of august based on these numbers, but I know there's a possibility of having gains or smaller losses, so am giving myself until the end of the year to hit goal.
Really hoping it doesn't take that long, but that's my goal date.

He sounds lovely :) I must have words with my bf haha ... You keep going as you are Hun and you will be at your goal in no time , your doing brill x

He sounds lovely :) I must have words with my bf haha ... You keep going as you are Hun and you will be at your goal in no time , your doing brill x

He is absolutely amazing. He already pays for half my gym membership for me, which I feel a little guilty about, but that was a compromise as he wanted to pay it all. But it's a motivator because I know that if I don't go, it's not just my money I'm wasting, but his as well.
I'm extremely lucky to have him, and I tell him how much I appreciate him all the time, and I thank him when he gives me a back massage, or makes my weetabix in the mornings for me or whatever else he does. They're only small things, but I don't ever want to take him for granted because he's a brilliant person and having him around makes me want to be a better person myself.

But yeah, speak to your bf if you can. It's nice having someone close to you supporting you, and if you plan treats, then you know you've got something to look forward to, to aim towards, and hopefully keep away from celebrating with food.
Make a list of your goals and the reward you've decided on for it and have it somewhere visible, maybe even on your fridge or the snack cupboard, and that should motivate you, because every time you go there to binge or whatever reason you're going there, you'll see what treat you're working towards next and you'll be able to decide whether straying is worth taking more time to get that treat.

And thanks. I can't believe how quickly it's come off.
This forum has definitely helped me a lot and it's great talking to people from all over who are going through the same thing and have their own bits of info and advice to offer to make it easier =)

x

I'm really sorry.
I just write essays.
My friends hate texting me when I get on one, cuz I write pages and pages to them too.
I just can't help myself, I get overexcited.
Yet I hated writing essays at school haha.

He is absolutely amazing. He already pays for half my gym membership for me, which I feel a little guilty about, but that was a compromise as he wanted to pay it all. But it's a motivator because I know that if I don't go, it's not just my money I'm wasting, but his as well.
I'm extremely lucky to have him, and I tell him how much I appreciate him all the time, and I thank him when he gives me a back massage, or makes my weetabix in the mornings for me or whatever else he does. They're only small things, but I don't ever want to take him for granted because he's a brilliant person and having him around makes me want to be a better person myself.

But yeah, speak to your bf if you can. It's nice having someone close to you supporting you, and if you plan treats, then you know you've got something to look forward to, to aim towards, and hopefully keep away from celebrating with food.
Make a list of your goals and the reward you've decided on for it and have it somewhere visible, maybe even on your fridge or the snack cupboard, and that should motivate you, because every time you go there to binge or whatever reason you're going there, you'll see what treat you're working towards next and you'll be able to decide whether straying is worth taking more time to get that treat.

And thanks. I can't believe how quickly it's come off.
This forum has definitely helped me a lot and it's great talking to people from all over who are going through the same thing and have their own bits of info and advice to offer to make it easier =)

x

Your full of brilliant ideas xx haha thanks Hun I will get onto that first thing in the morning ... It might actually push me to my final goal .... !! Ah you don't , I tend to type a lot , sometimes find I have a single point to make but go the long way about saying it haha ... It's not a bad trait :) be worse if we didn't want to talk eh x

Thanks.
Anything that helps people's weight losses easier.
Should really start following my own ides, but right now, I seem to be doing ok as I am, and I don't want to try and do too many things, confuse stuff and end up not losing at all.
Maybe when I start to slow down or plateau, I might give it a go.
But yeah, I'm sure there's plenty of people lurking in the forums, not saying anything, but I would advise them to jump in and talk to us, it really is one of the best things you can do. There may be someone in a very similar situation or with a similar story/weight loss amount/starting weight etc etc who you can buddy up with and give each other support.
x

Back