30 Day Shred Challenge! Who is with me? :)

Hi ladies, hope you are having a good week, I missed 3 days of shred as having really heavy period (sorry for too much info!! But got up at 6.30 to do it this morning. 3rd go at level 2. I'm not completing all the reps but doing my best. Feeling strong though. Didn't actually struggle that bad considering I'd had 3 days off thank god!!

Hi ladies, hope you are having a good week, I missed 3 days of shred as having really heavy period (sorry for too much info!! But got up at 6.30 to do it this morning. 3rd go at level 2. I'm not completing all the reps but doing my best. Feeling strong though. Didn't actually struggle that bad considering I'd had 3 days off thank god!!

Good on you Sue :DI am soooo glad that I am far too ancient for the "curse" any more, it really was one for me :(
Glad all is improving now and that you are back on track.

Only do what you can manage - that's always been my motto. Although I am doing most of Level 3 OK now, I still can't do all the full sit-ups :eek: so I just do what I can until my muscles refuse to lift me any more! I am still doing walking push ups on my kees and not all the plyo mves are plyo style I still step some. You will get stronger each time you do it and you will manage more each time.... just give it your best shot, pace yourself, and don't risk an injury.

Ah man I am NOT looking forward to when I get my 'Curse' and then feeling like I have to push through it. lol

I'm having real problems with my right knee though... its feels sore! I dunno if my form is off or what? :/

Annya I had a gain this week too. My eating habits have been terrible and I have really struggled to get back on the wagon. I managed it yesterday but have acciendtly fallen off it today. Never realised my favourite pesto pasta salad had so many calories in it! meh!

Going to try and fit my 20 mins into my day tonight... got a hectic evening planned though. :-/ Was going to try and do it this morning but we have terrible floods round where I am.. so had to leave about 20 mins early to get to work.

Missed my shred last night. Did 10 hours in the office then another 2 hours hard graft in the garden moving all the heavy sacks of bark chippings and chicken pellets up a steep hill to the new chicken house (thank you JM for my new quads and biceps - I needed them :eek:). It was 8.30pm before we finished, then we had to eat, and I didn't fancy Level 3 on a full stomach....... I think the supermans :superwoman: would have made me chuck :9529:

All over it again tonight though - only 6 days to go and I am done! Lost nearly 6lbs and over 6 inches so far....woop-woop!!

Missed my shred last night. Did 10 hours in the office then another 2 hours hard graft in the garden moving all the heavy sacks of bark chippings and chicken pellets up a steep hill to the new chicken house (thank you JM for my new quads and biceps - I needed them :eek:). It was 8.30pm before we finished, then we had to eat, and I didn't fancy Level 3 on a full stomach....... I think the supermans :superwoman: would have made me chuck :9529:

All over it again tonight though - only 6 days to go and I am done! Lost nearly 6lbs and over 6 inches so far....woop-woop!!

Hi ladies,

I am afraid I have been rather slack. Havent done a single day since I last posted. Life and a knee injury got in the way. (I slipped while doing a side lunge and twisted it. :( )

Promise I will get back into it but life has been pretty hectic recently. :(

I don't really have the extra money to start with you, but I'll cheer you on! It's always so exciting to start a new type of exercise, so I wish you luck!

Pinkemi said:
Hi ladies,

I am afraid I have been rather slack. Havent done a single day since I last posted. Life and a knee injury got in the way. (I slipped while doing a side lunge and twisted it. :( )

Promise I will get back into it but life has been pretty hectic recently. :(

Wait til u are mended sweetie or you will really do some damage. Just try to keep the healthy eating going. I know I find it hard to do one without the other , but it's all damage limitation. And I totally understand what you mean about life making it difficult to find time to exercise, that's how my life is at the moment. I shredded on Saturday and monday. prob Thursday and Sunday will be all I manage this week at a push. I get a bit complacent with my eating habits though if I'm not shredding : ( that seems to encourage me. Anyway, you take care of yourself and ease back in when you feel ready xx

Wait til u are mended sweetie or you will really do some damage. Just try to keep the healthy eating going. I know I find it hard to do one without the other , but it's all damage limitation. And I totally understand what you mean about life making it difficult to find time to exercise, that's how my life is at the moment. I shredded on Saturday and monday. prob Thursday and Sunday will be all I manage this week at a push. I get a bit complacent with my eating habits though if I'm not shredding : ( that seems to encourage me. Anyway, you take care of yourself and ease back in when you feel ready xx

I agree with Sue, take it easy and get back into it when you can. In the meantime just try to watch your calorie intake.

I have 5 days left to go of Level 3 then I am done. I am not doing it every day just now though - like everyone else, life is getting in the way a bit. I am away Wednesday and Thursday this week in Cardiff and Belfast giving lectures on two thrombosis education days, so I will not be able to fit it in.

I will try for one shred tonight and another on Friday when I get back home. I hope to fit another session in Saturday as I am away again Sunday for a week, first in Harrogate at the RCN Congress then on to Birmingham to give another talk on a course at the university so I am not back home until Friday night. I hate this time of year as it is always so busy in my job :(

However, I might just take Jillian with me and try to fit in the last 2 or 3 days so I can come back with a clean slate and ready to start on another one (Christ I must be MAD!!). I am looking at No More Trouble Zones........... it looks PAINFUL :eek:

Hi guys.... is this really hard as im thinking of doing this?

Hi guys.... is this really hard as im thinking of doing this?

Hey there, I tried this out awhile ago and yes, I do think this is quite hard, but I started it having done no sort of 'work out' before, only exercise on gym machines. I came back to it after completing 3 weeks of slim in 6 and I did find it easier, and got to the second video :). I did just start a slim in 6 thread if you'd like to join me starting that again. If that goes well I'm planning to do the 30 day shred afterwards :eek: x

Haha I bought this dvd and will be giving it a go as soon as I can physically get my hands on a pair of handweights. I've Argos-d and there's nothing for 70+ miles, so need to trawl the shops at the weekend!

Well after about a week off (woops) I am thinking about giving it a go again tonight.

Question is... Do I start at day 1 again or carry on from where I left off? I did 6 days before my break. :/

Thinking of starting this tonight, tried it a few months ago and it was so so hard. Anyone got any idea how many cals you burn?

Well after about a week off (woops) I am thinking about giving it a go again tonight.

Question is... Do I start at day 1 again or carry on from where I left off? I did 6 days before my break. :/

Up to you really honey. The longest break I have had is 2 days so I just pick up where I left off and carry on counting.

Funnily enough I am back on it tonight after 2 days away at a conference. I have 5 days left of Level 3 to do then that's me done... I must admit I have really got the fever now and want it out of the way so I can measure up and move on to No More Trouble Zones. I must be mad.................

What should I class this as on MFP? High impact aerobics?!?

I have a HRM which is generally much more accurate than MFP for cals burned by exercise.

However, I understand many folks on MFP who don't have a HRM use the circuit training (general) option and for 20 minutes it does come in about the same as my HRM does (200 cals).

HTH :)

Brilliant, thank you. I know MFP ain't quite accurate, I'm more bothered about tracking my exercise time than the cals burnt but might consider a hrm in future!

I've literally just done day 1, wow, ouch...but I really enjoyed it! Managed to do it all (modified press ups) and I honestly don't think my heart has ever beat so fast :D Has it ever had a negative effect on anyone's weight loss?

I've literally just done day 1, wow, ouch...but I really enjoyed it! Managed to do it all (modified press ups) and I honestly don't think my heart has ever beat so fast :D Has it ever had a negative effect on anyone's weight loss?

Personally I haven't lost much in terms of weight, but then again I haven't got that much to lose now amnd I thnk the bigger losers are those who have plenty still left to go. I have however seen a dramatic decrease in both my body fat percentage and my measurements.

I have had a week off now as I've been away on business and I don't think the Victorian B&B's suspended floors could have taken the jumping jacks :8855:but I am back on it in earnest tonight!

I am on day 7 of Level 3 now, so not far to go until I complete the whole 30 days. I will definitely carry on with some of the exercises from Level 2 and 3 as part for my regular toning/cardio work - I LOVE Jillian, even though she half kills me :eek:

Back