30 day shred - start with me and we can push through together!!

Day 3 for me tomorrow morning. Going to try with weights if I don't ache too much!

Aji said:
Day 3 for me tomorrow morning. Going to try with weights if I don't ache too much!

I didn't have weights, so used tins of chopped toms lol
X

tinks* said:
I didn't have weights, so used tins of chopped toms lol
X

I was gonna do that but thought I'd ease myself into it so no weights at all for the first two days. Now I think I'm ready for it!

Do you think... if I did this twice a day for 2 weeks it would have the same effect as doing it for 28 days? I have done it before (the shred, not the shred x2 daily) so I know my body can cope with it, but I wondered if it would be counter-productive to double it up.

Hmmm I have no idea!!

My DVD arrived yesterday, so all I have to do is enjoy my last day of not killing myself and weigh in tonight :)

Yeah I'm not sure either.

Good luck for WI tonight, Miss Munky! And for shred tomorrow! I've just done day 2 and my muscles are aching a fair bit! Not massively looking forward to tomorrow! I think I might take Saturday as my rest day for the week...

Don't give up yet misscorset, try and push through if you can I've read on average the aches ease alot by day 4!! Of course if it's really sore and you know that your body can't take it then of course have a rest but I know we can all do this!!!

/inspiration and encouragement lol

I'm sooo nervous and excited for starting tomorrow. I'm sooo sick of being fat (lots of people don't like this word but I feel I need to be disgusted about my weight and eating habits, as if I'm not then I wouldn't do anything about it), I am prepared to really give excerise and healthy eating my all this time around I have tried in the past and always gave up because I got lazy but no more - I want to be confident again and to be fit and healthy so that my family arent worried about me. I'm sooo motivated this time around and I feel that my attitude about all of this has changed dramatically, I've been a little off the wagon this week and you what I feel worse and have less energy and I don't feel as happy and I LOVE that I feel like that I'm back on it as of right now no more messing around - it's time to bring on the burn and really work my ass off during this shred to prove to myself that when I'm committed I can do well.

I will be doing the shred everyday that I am not swimming - unless I feel I can do both and I will be having the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th of June off as I am hillwalking 25miles of the West Highland way, one day one I'm walking up Devil's staircase, I think the name tells of what it's like lol so it will take me more than 30 days to complete bit I.will be doing exercise everyday until the 30days are complete :)

Sorry for the waffle needed to get this off my chest because I was not a good slimmer this week, so I'm just kicking myself up the bum!! I'll pop on later and post my measurements - munchies maybe on the first post you can add everyone's measurments (of those that want to have them up of course) and we can each update at the end of every level and have the.first post updated too? As I think it would be great for everyone to see and also be great for anyone thinking of doing the 30DS if we are successful. Lol it will kind of be like a weigh in but a measure in - if this sounds like a horrible idea let me know, thought it would be a great way to make us all accountable!7

Very well said, my lovely! I feel exactly the same! I've been talking about losing weight for about 18 months now and I've started a 'regime' of diet/exercise/not eating/whatever which has lasted two or three days then I've given up and gone back to the wine and cake! This time I really am committed to getting the weight off and keeping it off. It's not going to be easy, but in the end it'll be worth it! I'm definitely not giving up, and Shred is just the start of that commitment - I might have the odd rest day here and there (haven't really exercised since last October so my body is in shock! lol) but I'm definitely seeing it through to the end.

This site is a totally amazing place for support and motivation, as well as keeping you on the straight and narrow. I'm so glad I found it!

I did my measurements this morning (stupidly forgot before I started yesterday). Not sure if I'm brave enough to put them online as I was pretty shocked by them! I'm worried about what the scales told me this morning but I've drunk loads more water than I normally do over the past couple of days and along with doing 30DS, I think my body is just retaining water.

Mine are shocking I'm 5ft 4 and a size 20 with exceptionally big boobs, but I thought if I post them them it's real and I can't hide from it but I know that everyone is different so as I said it would only be something to do if you were comfortable with it.

Yep this time we're doing it!

Yeah you might find the first few days you do put on some, howevever I think that is why they say to do measurements too :)

Interesting you say that cos I did feel a bit more trim today but this morning's WI saw me 1.1lbs heavier than last week. Measurements have gone down 1.5cm all over tho.

I did it with the weights today and oh boy what a difference they make. I'm going to continue with them tho I think I need to push myself a bit more!

Eek! I've been using mega light ones and that already hurts, but I definitely need to graduate to proper ones from tomorrow I think. It's strange but I actually quite enjoy the 20 minutes, even though some of it hurts like hell!

I know what you mean, I feel the same way as well lol

I'm using 1kg weights and I bet I'll feel the effect tomorrow morning!

I'll not be able to start on friday after all. I'm thinking I might leave it until after next weigh in, as I'm scared i might gain in the first week due to the muscle overworking and i REALLY want to hit my 3st next wed.... I'll see how I feel on staurday! well done to all who are powering through it... keep us all posted.... as for the posting measurements.....maybe we could just post the change in measurements after each level and not the actual measurements. that might make people more secure

That sounds like a much better idea posting the change :)

I'm a fan of that idea too! 7 more days at L1 for me - can't wait to see what difference it makes! Some of the before and after photos online are just astonishing!!

I did day 3 this morning and, surprisingly I'm not in agony! Going to up the weights and try and follow Natalie as far as possible from tomorrow (apart from pushups - sticking with Anita for those!).

Important Life Lesson No 1 - when doing the 30 day shred for the first time in forever, the best time to do it is NOT when the temperature outside is potentially hotter than your own internal body temperature. If I die, it was nice knowing you all...

I've been doing it at 6am before it gets too hot. There's no way on Earth I could get through it right now!

Good luck! x

Back