30 day shred - start with me and we can push through together!!

Gawdblessya! *blush* I actually dont feel as bad as I did after day 1 the first time I did it right now, the first time I did it I could barely move afterwards. I think I will have start getting out of bed at ludicrous o'clock if the weather is going to stay like this though. Partly because it's ridiculously hot and partly because my kindly loving and caring family would just sit there pointing and laughing at me if they were party to it. :8855:

That's one of the other reasons I get up early - so the OH is still in bed and doesn't see me sweating and panting and being generally unattractive!! I did Day 3, Level 1 this morning and I'm feeling surprisingly OK! Upping the weights tomorrow though so I might be in agony for most of the weekend!

I was going to start today but I went on a 6 hour walk, I'll be doing it tomorrow morning :)

Could I please join in. I'm on day 3 of the shred which I have just done and it's really not the weather for exercise. I did complete 30 day shred before Xmas. I lost 8lb and 2-3 inches off all body parts, I was also doing Zumba on my wii. Must admit this time I'm finding it a lot harder think the reason being I'm using 3kg weights where as first time around I didn't have weights so I used tins of beans. X

I started this yesterday. day 2 today and surprisingly not feeling too bad. I have dripped with sweat both times, im not sure if thats the workout or that its like a 1000 degrees!

I took measurements yesterday and cant wait to see if theres a difference, read fantastic things about it so fingers crossed.

Good luck to everyone starting and well done to everyone for keeping at it!

Just finished my day 4 of the shred and I feel good! Apart from the abs I followed Natalie (full version) now. I feel so much stronger than day 1 so stick with it, it will get better! :)

Woohoo Loving the words of encouragement and personal experience! YAY! :) xx
I was meant to start today too, took the dvd to my mums to do with my sis, well to show her it and do it at same time... And the time flew and it became far too late to bust out a workout like that! lol.. So deffo tomorrow morning like you Miss Munky! tehehe! .. x I'm not putting it off honest! :rolleyes: lol.. No really I am looking forward to getting the first 4 days over with to be honest so I can ease myself out of the aches and pains before the weekend is over!
Keep at it everyone!! Welcome new team shredders to those of you who have decided to join us and those who are already on the shred journey! Just do what you can and if you can push a bit harder without feeling like your going to overdo it .. then go for it!! :) Just think of those results! x
I might be doing it early depending on how upbeat I feel lol.

I'm awake and will be shredding within the hour lol HELP?!

I'm making my OH do it, he is a stick and I think he may be underweight on the bmi chart but it's just how he is, he eats like a horse. I've managed to rope him in as I think it will be good for him to build some muscle :)

I was downstairs with Jillian at 7.20am and she pushed me through, I did struggle a little at times!!! lol.. I didn't feel out of breath all the way through but it was my knees that really got affected all the way through, especially trying to do the push ups and any type of squatting, (modified version!) although I think thats down to my unresolved knee problem so will just keep an eye on it.. I just couldn't support my weight on them much at all so ended up pushing with my arms but was in more of a box than the modified girl was (forget her name already! lol)... the first initial bit was the worst for me, the cardio, and the bicycle move at the end.. ouchies! lol.. But... Saying all that I managed to push through and liked how It wasn't all out of breath workout.. I did catch my breath through it lol.. Good luck to anyone on the Shred! Iam just back from my cool shower and ready to start the day... I feel ok now but my muscles feel warm which deffo suggest there are muscles in there that have really needed to work more! They sure did today ! Even without weights!!! Will try some weights on day 3 I think, depending on how my body reacts to what its just dealt with ! lol.
I am definitely going to do it in the mornings as I don't think I'd have the will power in the evenings.. Even though it does seem daunting that I'll have to do it the latest at 6.20!!
Good luck everyone!! :) x

I have just finished day 1 of the shred I found the first 5-10 mins the.hardest but once my muscles warmed up it was easier by the end I was actually dripping of sweat o had to do modified all the way and I think I'm gonna stay on level 1 until I can do unmodified before I move on... I'm really big being a size 20 and only 5ft4 but I managed it okay and it was definitely not as bad as I thought it would be! I'll be doing it Sunday and Monday morning and in the afternoon the other days of the week!

I really would like to be able to do a proper push up :)

I've just done day 4 and I'm finding my calfs to be aching the whole time. I guess due to the fact I've done no exercise since December is probably why this is. Good luck to everyone x

Well done everyone, I'm liking this thread. It gets me motivated. I've never done a workout DVD for more than threes times but this feels different somehow.

I'm on day 5 and I was going to do it in the morning when my OH says wouldn't it be better to do it in the evening? I ask him why and he says cos you'd have eaten all day so if you're exercising in the evening you're burning some of that off before you go to bed. Make sense?
Whatever the case I think I'll do it in the evenings from now on cos I am def not a morning person lol

Weird thing is, this morning I woke up and I wasn't aching anywhere anymore. Do I need to push myself harder? I physically can't do the push ups properly even tho I do put everything into it but the rest is ok now.

Thats a normal way to feel, you do improve remarkably quickly with this and it will begin to feel a lot easier. Then you start Level 2, which is a whole new world of pain all over again :D :D :D

So I've woke up and I can feel that my muscles in my legs and my tummy have been worked but I'm not too sore. I drank two bottles of wine and 2 coronas yesterday but still determined to do the shred this morning.

I just cannot be good in this weather and I do intend to enjoy it this weekend :)

Day 2 of the shred done and I can feel my tummy muscles have been used for once! lol.. My arms are feeling it too but more so because I wake up with achy arms anyway but doing the jumping jacks was painful today because of my arms! lol.. I definitely still get pain in my knees throughout the whole thing because of a prob I have, not the shred as such but squatting and bending them irritate them. I am doing the weights tomorrow if I can and my arms do not hurt too much in the morning!! I feel I would have had much better experience if I didn't have my painful knees and arms in the mornings.!! :sigh: But I do feel its something I can carry on with as It is getting in a workout that my body isn't used to but feel I might be on level 1 for quite a while as Day 2 felt just the same as Day 1!:whip: lol!!

Whats the hardest part of Level one for you all? Mine has to be the jumping jacks and skip rope together in the beginning.. The push ups (even my modified box version lol) and the bicycle at the end!!! I'm grunting away on the bicycle bit and its not a pretty sound (or sight!) lol..
But its not too long so managable definitely!!

I found the push ups (modified version!) the toughest and then the last abs workout. I still can't do the push ups properly but I can just about manage to do all the abs now.

Just finished day 5 and I agree - modified push ups and bicycle abs are the toughest! The lunges kill my thighs too but can make it through those now. The cardio is definitely getting easier. It's a good feeling being halfway through level one now - and I'm still enjoying it!

I've just done day 4 and I'm finding my calfs to be aching the whole time. I guess due to the fact I've done no exercise since December is probably why this is. Good luck to everyone x

Hopefully it eases up more for you, I suffer with achy arms every day that were just easing off a little but now I am doing the shred they have come back with force! lol.. What I have noticed is tender when I touch the bit infront of under my arm pit.. That doesn't make much sense so I'll try and get a pic of some sort ! lol..Not my arm though !:giggle:
Have just searched and looks to be the upper chest muscles, which extend from near the armpit to the center of the chest, and they support the breast tissue. I am confused to whether thats it but I think its
The Pectoralis Major??

Similar here. I understood why people had trouble lifting up cups of coffee/tea to drink lol

Back