30 day Shred

does everyone do proper push ups or the half ones. The half ones hurt my knee and i can only do a couple of the full ones.

I can only do the half ones, I had breast surgery last year and my chest muscles are very weak so I don't want to push it. Even the half ones get sore for me.
It's much better in level two with the plank push ups because I just do the modified version and it doesn't put my muscles under anywhere near as much strain.

(sorry to post twice in a row)

does everyone do proper push ups or the half ones. The half ones hurt my knee and i can only do a couple of the full ones.

On day two level one here,I start with a few full push ups and then drop on my knees and do the half ones, In time i hope ta be able to do the full ones

tara40 said:

I do the half push ups and it hurt my knee too so I put a cushion under my knees don't know if that would help you?

done day 3 of level 2, doubt it did me much good since I had to stop early on nearly every excercise :(

I've taken the plunge and ordered this from Amazon. How much pain can £4.99 cause :eek:

Goin to do day three now, have been in agony today, as they worked us really hard at my exercise class last night and my calves were already sore.I know if i dont do this today that i'll end up quitting.

justloseit said:
Goin to do day three now, have been in agony today, as they worked us really hard at my exercise class last night and my calves were already sore.I know if i dont do this today that i'll end up quitting.

That's exactly how I felt, was too tired this morning before work so I thought I'd do it tonight, when I got home I was too tired and just thought oh I'll skip a day but realised I'd probably quit if I started missing days so pulled the energy from somewhere!

I got my copy the other day, from reading this thread I think I'll build up my stamina before attempting this. I know what I'm like, if I find it too difficult I'll give up and stop exercising all together and I cant do that lol

That's exactly how I felt, was too tired this morning before work so I thought I'd do it tonight, when I got home I was too tired and just thought oh I'll skip a day but realised I'd probably quit if I started missing days so pulled the energy from somewhere!

I just did it i couldnt finish the strength in the second set or the jump rope i just stayed on jacks. bloody wreaked now but glad i did it. I think its easier to motivate myself in the morning i'd so many excuses for myself this evening.

I missed a day in level one think it was day 8 or 9 then I didnt get the dvd out for 10 days! I think its best to work through the pain because I always feel good when its over and done with and it gets less sore.

I just had an exam and I have a terrible cold and my muscles are sore. So I'm missing it today although I have walked about 2 miles home carrying very heavy bags so I feel I have done enough for being ill.

Haha it's quite good doing 30DS with other people because I feel I have to justify why I haven't done it today!

I agree it's great having a forum like this - I got to day level 2 earlier this week but now have dreadful cold and going away for a few days so will get back on track Wednesday!!

I did the 2nd day today. Everything seems to ache, but as they used to say: If it hurts, it's working! It's just a reminder to me that I have done some exercise, so I'm quite proud gingerly walking up and down the stairs.

Mrbob said:
I did the 2nd day today. Everything seems to ache, but as they used to say: If it hurts, it's working! It's just a reminder to me that I have done some exercise, so I'm quite proud gingerly walking up and down the stairs.

That'll go by day four stick with it!

Back