30 day shred

Will do day 1 tomorrow morning.

Just trying to prepare for day 2, unfortunately the kids will be up so no doubt they will get a laugh or 2!!!! Aching a little today but not as bad as when I first did it a few weeks ago. Here goes...

Day 2 done... With a little encouragement from my 5 year old (that can do proper press ups and couldn't understand why my knees were on the floor) lol! Feeling really good today although I ache. Still really want to start jogging though, well see over next couple of weeks.

Well done Zoe, you are doing well. I am on day 18 of it now and still on level 1 and still can't get through that first round of cardio. I am knackered from the two lots of jumping jacks in the warm up, then the push ups kill me so I am wiped out by the time it gets to the first lot of cardio and I just can't seem to get through it. Once that bit is out of the way I am okay with the rest of it, all the other cardio is hard but I can do it. It's just those pesky jumping jacks that I find so hard. Am determined to crack it before I move up a level.

Hi sparkley, I've got to agree the jumping jacks are the worse, I don't know if its technique but when I started it last time I really struggled and couldnt coordinate at all but this time is so much better, but I feel more comfortable while I am doing them and find them easier because of that, I'm also having to be very careful doing the abs ones where you take your feet off the floor, I struggle with my lower back anyway but I am doing them slower and it doesn't feel as painful.

Hi sparkley, I've got to agree the jumping jacks are the worse, I don't know if its technique but when I started it last time I really struggled and couldnt coordinate at all but this time is so much better, but I feel more comfortable while I am doing them and find them easier because of that, I'm also having to be very careful doing the abs ones where you take your feet off the floor, I struggle with my lower back anyway but I am doing them slower and it doesn't feel as painful.

Hey Zoe, I too struggle with lower back so use a cushion under base if spine and find that helps for the crunches and the bicycle ones at the end. I think I have a mental block now with the jacks and feel defeated by them before I even start. I'm sure if Jillian was in the room shouting at me I would manage to do them!!

Hey Zoe, I too struggle with lower back so use a cushion under base if spine and find that helps for the crunches and the bicycle ones at the end. I think I have a mental block now with the jacks and feel defeated by them before I even start. I'm sure if Jillian was in the room shouting at me I would manage to do them!!
Hi both of you, when I started my lower back was hurting a lot during crunches to the point where I couldn't do more than 2/3 but I now do them on my bed (which has a fairly hard mattress) and no pain at all but definitely still works!

Dear, of dear. I tried day 1 of level 2 today and I simply could not do a lot of it! Felt I was getting a better workout with level 1 because at least I can do it and it keeps me moving. But on level 2, all the plank stuff was too hard for me. I certainly can not (currently at 21 stone!) walk out with my hands into a plank. By the time I'd got into position I needed to be back up again! And... my left knee has been killing me. All the jacks and squats are really painful.

So I am going back to level 1 for a while, at least until my knee is better (fell down a step at work onto my knee - but was carrying hoover at the time and tripped over the flex and my knee landed on the upturned plug - outch).

So I have been on level 1 for three weeks, so much for 10 days!

Hope everyone else is getting on with it well, whatever level you are on.

x

Hi sparkley, the main thing is you are doing something. I have started and had to stop twice because of a trapped nerve. My weight also seems to slow down when I start it?? Think jogging might be the way for me!! Two more weeks of having kids at home then I think I'll start.

Hi sparkley, the main thing is you are doing something. I have started and had to stop twice because of a trapped nerve. My weight also seems to slow down when I start it?? Think jogging might be the way for me!! Two more weeks of having kids at home then I think I'll start.

Hi Zoe, yeah, better than nothing just frustrating. Feel really guilty of I miss a day, which I did yesterday as knee hurting too much. We've also been decorating the kitchen over the weekend so been up and down a ladder and on hand and knees all weekend! Feeling sore and achey.

How's your back now? How's the shred going?

x

The shred just isn't happening at the minute. I am still getting over my last what I think was a trapped nerve. I slept in a funny position and my shoulder seizes every time I sleep or when I'm sat at work for a shift. I'm hoping to start jogging a few times a week when kids go back to school, so not sure if to start shred again once I've got used to that.

Just ordered 30 day shred for when I'm back from my holidays as I'm moving job and won't be able to get to a gym as easily! :eek: hope I can cope lol!!

ive ordered this to try want to get into ketosis first then im on it for my holiday 5 times a week to help boost my weight loss, will probs only do the easy one though as im only on shakes, will get my first week over with, 100% then will start a diary for myself i think.

Well I'm on day 24 of the shred and still on level 1! Seems pointless moving up until I can do all of level 1 without having to stop... But Newsflash... I did it all today without having to stop! But, I have modified the jumping jacks as find the impact too much for my bad knee. Instead I jog on the spot but still do the jack arms. OH moved to level 3 today and said its really hard! good luck to the new shredders. x

Your doing really well sparkley, just think you are doing more than you were 24 days ago, it doesn't matter what level you are on! Keep it up.

How's everyone getting on with the 30 day shred?

I have done 30 days now... but only on level 1! So... am starting level 2 on Monday and determined to stick with it this time (last time I found it too hard and changed back to level 1!).

I can tell in my legs, they feel smaller - but then I have lost 3 stones now so they should! I tried a couple of tankinis on that I bought a couple of years ago in the sales and thought I would slim into but never did. It was great seeing them fit. Also bought a smaller pair of jeans about 3 weeks ago and they're already baggy on the bum. So feeling pleased with the results - worth the hard work.

My OH has a couple of days left on level 3 and still finding it really hard - but you can really see the results.

Hoping you are all doing well sticking with it. x

Oh my goodness started this this morning x 20 mins of hell that was!!!! Even my legs were wet with sweat (sorry that sounds awful) do this everyday I can see there will be a difference!!!!

Oh my goodness started this this morning x 20 mins of hell that was!!!! Even my legs were wet with sweat (sorry that sounds awful) do this everyday I can see there will be a difference!!!!

Ha ha Anniem, I remember that first day well! It does get easier - honest! I finally moved onto level 2 yesterday after 30 days on level 1... It took me that long to crack it. I tried level 2 a couple of weeks ago but just couldn't manage it as so much harder so went back to level 1. But done two days now and although a lot harder, I can do it. Keep it up, it's worth it. x

First day shreading - I think I'm going to die! I had to stop half way through and was say here panting with Julian shouting at me! How can people do all of that?! I thought my legs and arms were going to fall off!!

First day shreading - I think I'm going to die! I had to stop half way through and was say here panting with Julian shouting at me! How can people do all of that?! I thought my legs and arms were going to fall off!!

Hi, it does get easier, I have only done it for 2 short spells but by about day 3 you notice a big difference in what you can tolerate. Sparkley is the queen of shredding!!!

Back