30 day shred

Hi Louise, the shred is fab isn't it! I'm still on level 2, been doing in 6 days a week for a couple of months now. Can really see a difference and am sure it has helped my weight loss too. Have lost 20cm off my waist and gone from size 26 jeans to size 20 in 15 weeks. Totally impressed with Exante and the shred and my own determination to be honest! Looking forward to getting to goal and maintaining x

Yes you've done really well to lose 4 stone in 3 months. The shred would definitely help the weight loss. I wanted to keep my weight loss to about 2lbs a week to avoid saggy skin which has mostly worked. A small bit of wrinkling on my arms, and at the bottom of my butt and of course my stomach. The last roll of fat across my abdomen is definitely getting smaller every day, and I'm hoping my stomach will at least be flatter by the end. The jumps must be hard work if you're heavier. I've read that level 2 is much harder so hope I can manage it. :)

You know that last band of abdominal fat to go. It goes across the lower abdomen and finishes above the hip bone, meaning you've always got lumps there. Well since I've started the shred the fat over my hip bones has gone, and its completely smooth. Abdomen still flabby, but at nearly age 50, and having had 3 big babies, 2 by section, not surprising, and still a way to go anyway with the shred.

Well done Louise.

You know that last band of abdominal fat to go. It goes across the lower abdomen and finishes above the hip bone, meaning you've always got lumps there. Well since I've started the shred the fat over my hip bones has gone, and its completely smooth. Abdomen still flabby, but at nearly age 50, and having had 3 big babies, 2 by section, not surprising, and still a way to go anyway with the shred.

That's amazing, Jillian really knows her stuff! Can't wait until I shed enough weight to actually see what's going on underneath! I can tell my legs are shaping up better than on previous diets with no exercise, and I have little biceps appearing now too!! My OH has just started Jillian's Blast The Abs(?) DVD to try and sort his stomach out. The rest of his body has toned up and has lots of definition from doing the shred, just his little belly that needs sorting!

Level 2 is a challenge but feels good to now be able to do it all. Keep it up Louise, you'll have a flat stomach in no time. x

Hooray, first 7 days done, moving on to workout 2 tomorrow. No more aching muscles and managed to get some 1kg weights instead of the 2kg weights I was using. They were just too much with the lunges.

I want to try this how much is it? Do you need accessories thanks

I got it for £5 on Amazon. Need mat for floorwork and 1kg weights

Thanks. I tried it today of YouTube it was so hard I have sore legs. The only think its a bit embarrassing but I leaked a bit doing jumping jacks. Maybe I need to do pelvic floor. I'm quite big.

Join the sore leg club, mine were sore for the first few days and I'm only 8st3lb, so I can imagine it was hard work. However Sparkley has been doing this for longer than me and she's still quite heavy, see previous posts, so it can be done.

That's true it will help me get fit :)

Hi Katy, stick with it and you'll soon feel the benefit. I started it at about 21 stones and can't believe I can do all of level 2 now without stopping. The first time I tried it it nearly killed me and I kept stopping. I feel much fitter for it and am sure it has helped with weight loss. 5 stones down and another 6 still to go! Was very side and achey when I first started and also my knees suffered with the jumping jacks. It dies get better!

Hi I will stick to it and do more pelvic floor I think it must be having kids. You have done really well. What's the diet you are on? I like the one I'm on just wondered. I have tries most but not that. I lost 7lb last week. Do you do the DVD everyday? Other excerxise to? I go the gym and swimming. Are you worried about loose skin? Sometimes I think I might need a boob job or tummy tuck in the future.

Hi I will stick to it and do more pelvic floor I think it must be having kids. You have done really well. What's the diet you are on? I like the one I'm on just wondered. I have tries most but not that. I lost 7lb last week. Do you do the DVD everyday? Other excerxise to? I go the gym and swimming. Are you worried about loose skin? Sometimes I think I might need a boob job or tummy tuck in the future.

Hi Katy, I lost 11 stones about 25 years ago and had to have surgery to remove loose skin from my inner thighs, upper arms, stomach, midrif and boobs. My surgeon said that different people have different skin elasticity levels and because I had always been big... big baby, toddler, child and adult, my skin had always been stretched so would not go back regardless of how much exercise I did. Exercise tightens muscles but if the skin is over-stretched it doesn't automatically go back. Some people can have 3 babies and still have a flat, smooth, stretch mark-free stomach, others will have stretch marks and loose skin, everyone is different.

This time around my skin isn't as loose as before, but I guess that's because after my ops it was tight. Also I'm not as concerned at nearly 50 as I was at 25!!

I'm doing Exante meal replacement diet. It's the first time I've tried this kind of diet and it's working really well for me so far. When I lost 11 stones in my 20s I did it with WW and that worked well for me then but despite many restarts I've never been able to lose more than a couple of stones.

I do the shred 6 days a week but don't do any other exercise, other than walking our two dogs.

Great about losing 7lb, that's a really good loss!

Thanks you are doing well to :) I'm worried I have started saving a bit for surgery but know it would be a lot even for abroad.im 26 an have a 7 year old. Before I had him I was always a bit big about 12 stone. Buy just out on loads of weight after having him.

Hi shredders, well after two months on level 2 I have finally moved up to level 3.

I did my first level 3 workout yesterday morning and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It feels like a natural progression from two, all a bit harder but doable. But oh my, am I aching today! my inner thighs and stomach are killing me - so it's definately working some muscles that level 2 didn't!

Was just looking back through this thread to see what I first started the Shred... it was 27th July... so much for 30 days! It's taken me over 3 months just to get to level 3. But am feeling so much better for it and can really tell a difference in my body shape so well worth it.

You're doing great. Can't wait until my leg is better and I can join you!

I've just bought the DVD, mat and hand weights from Amazon so hope to be joining you by the weekend!

I just moved up to level 3 yesterday too. Not too bad, there are lots of plank exercises aren't there? Its funny that I have not had any problems with the ab exercises, because I had been doing loads of my own since starting my diet, but I cannot do a full sit up, although I find all other the ab exercises really easy. Perhaps its because they're quite near the end of the workout. Not bothered though, I just go as high as I can. I think these are the workouts that will really get to work on those stomach muscles !!!!!

By the way, still maintaining with the help of the shred and 5:2 fast.

Hi shredders, well after two months on level 2 I have finally moved up to level 3.

I did my first level 3 workout yesterday morning and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It feels like a natural progression from two, all a bit harder but doable. But oh my, am I aching today! my inner thighs and stomach are killing me - so it's definately working some muscles that level 2 didn't!

Was just looking back through this thread to see what I first started the Shred... it was 27th July... so much for 30 days! It's taken me over 3 months just to get to level 3. But am feeling so much better for it and can really tell a difference in my body shape so well worth it.

Well done on maintaining Louise - I think the 5:2 diet using Exante products could be a very good way to go when I get to goal (provided I don't just binge on the 5 days)!

Back