30 day shred

I can't do the full sit-ups either!! But like you find all the other abs work fine. I just crunch my stomach in as hard as I can and lift my shoulders off the floor but no way can I get all the way up. I also find that first exercise hard where you're in a plank but on your forearms, I just don't seem to be able to lift myself from that position... still to heavy I think - so having to do the easier version on my knees. I wore my heart rate monitor today while doing it and bured 364 cals... seems crazy to think that's more than half of my daily calorie allowance gone in a 20 minute work out!

You're doing great with the maintaining, think 5:2 is the way to go. Can't wait til I get there - almost half way now.

I have had the odd mad day, but generally find that I am eating much less and sometimes need to up my calories as I don't want to lose more weight. I don't eat bread or biscuits any more, but I am eating lots of seafood, which I love, so that is my treat. Having done Exante, I find the fast days really easy. I have also found out that I should not be eating more than 1650 calories because of my size. I am so happy with my size and how great I look that there is no way that the weight is going to creep on. Also I love the shred. I have done wii fit and running and other work outs, but nothing that works as well as the shred. I just love my muscles, so I will keep on doing this.
Well done on maintaining Louise - I think the 5:2 diet using Exante products could be a very good way to go when I get to goal (provided I don't just binge on the 5 days)!

I can manage it (whilst swearing) but probably only because its at the beginning of the workout. I do have muscle weakness in my arms due to muscle wastage caused by carpal tunnel. (I've had both hands operated on), but I'm really pleased how much more I can do. I think you're doing awesome managing these exercises. It must be much harder for you. I wonder whether I can't do the situps because I've had 2 caesaereans, and I think my muscles have seperated at the bottom of my abdomen. I'm just looking forward to when my stomach doesn't move independently to the rest of my body when I jump. Its the only flab I have left!
I can't do the full sit-ups either!! But like you find all the other abs work fine. I just crunch my stomach in as hard as I can and lift my shoulders off the floor but no way can I get all the way up. I also find that first exercise hard where you're in a plank but on your forearms, I just don't seem to be able to lift myself from that position... still to heavy I think - so having to do the easier version on my knees. I wore my heart rate monitor today while doing it and bured 364 cals... seems crazy to think that's more than half of my daily calorie allowance gone in a 20 minute work out!

You're doing great with the maintaining, think 5:2 is the way to go. Can't wait til I get there - almost half way now.

I would imagine that having your stomach muscles cut for your ceaserians would have an impact on their strength. I thought about you this morning while desperately trying to sit up!! I just wasn't going anywhere! I am so glad I started the exercise early on and can't quite believe how much I've improved from the early days when I struggled getting through any of the exercises on level 1. My hubby has also been doing it - he wanted to lose about a stone, which he's done, but also tone up and his body change has been pretty amazing, his stomach muscles and shoulders are really defined now. He's alternating now with Jillian's 6 week six pack workout. He also cycles 14 miles a day to and from work so is pretty fit. He used to do a lot of rowing and gym work outs but reckons 30 day shred has had more of an impact on his body than any other exercise he's done before.

It's great hearing you say how good you feel with your new body, it makes it so worthwhile, doesn't it. A bit of a milestone for me today when I had a sneaky mid week weigh I and am now at the half way point so from here on in I have less to lose than I've lost already, that's a good feeling. Also been wearing a pair of size 18 jeans today when I started in a size 26. So although still a big size, to m e it feels great!

Have my mat and weights. Now just waiting for the DVD to arrive.

*impatient*

Great to hear about the size 18s. Over 20% gone now woohoo!!!!!!!

I would imagine that having your stomach muscles cut for your ceaserians would have an impact on their strength. I thought about you this morning while desperately trying to sit up!! I just wasn't going anywhere! I am so glad I started the exercise early on and can't quite believe how much I've improved from the early days when I struggled getting through any of the exercises on level 1. My hubby has also been doing it - he wanted to lose about a stone, which he's done, but also tone up and his body change has been pretty amazing, his stomach muscles and shoulders are really defined now. He's alternating now with Jillian's 6 week six pack workout. He also cycles 14 miles a day to and from work so is pretty fit. He used to do a lot of rowing and gym work outs but reckons 30 day shred has had more of an impact on his body than any other exercise he's done before.

It's great hearing you say how good you feel with your new body, it makes it so worthwhile, doesn't it. A bit of a milestone for me today when I had a sneaky mid week weigh I and am now at the half way point so from here on in I have less to lose than I've lost already, that's a good feeling. Also been wearing a pair of size 18 jeans today when I started in a size 26. So although still a big size, to m e it feels great!

I did the full sit ups today!!! Been on level 3 for a week now and can really feel an improvement. So pleased I managed the full sit up! Hope all going well with you.

Nope still can't do that sit up. Everything else getting easier, though I don't think this last workout will ever be easy. Weigh in on friday after 3 weeks off the diet, 8lb 3.5, so nothing put on atall. I thought I might have put on a bit due to muscles weighing more than fat. This workout does make me feel great (apart from during it) Full of energy and I can feel how strong my core muscles have got, just moving around.

I still can't do the full sit up, but I have found out during the cool down stretch, I can lie my body flat over my leg and put my head on my knee, and my forehead is only about 3 inches from the floor when I lean forward. I was really agile till I had kids and back problems, as I used to be really sporty and also did ballet. I hadn't realised I could do it again, although logically my stomach was in the way before, and now its gone!:)

That's pretty impressive! I am no where near that point yet but here's hoping I get more flexible as time goes on. Have started having a protein 'proper' meal each day as started shedding my hair!! Contacted Exante and they said it can happen when you've been in a VLCD for a long time and that once I reintroduce proper food it will stop. Scary tho. Don't want to be slim but bald!! Feels odd having a knife and fork meal each day and nervous about what the scales will say on Monday. But only having grilled chicken or seared tuna steak with salad, so shouldn't be an issue. X

That should be fine. You must be using half your calories on the workout. Won't it be nice having some food!

That should be fine. You must be using half your calories on the workout. Won't it be nice having some food!

The food has been nice! Had a cheeky weigh in this morning and 3lb down since Monday and into a new stone. So fingers crossed the added calories isn't causing any harm to the weight loss... maybe it will help it, who knows!

The food has been nice! Had a cheeky weigh in this morning and 3lb down since Monday and into a new stone. So fingers crossed the added calories isn't causing any harm to the weight loss... maybe it will help it, who knows!

Woah you've had some amazing losses! Keep up the good work :)

I'm thinking of doing the 30-day shred soon but was wondering what size weights you'd recommend using? I'm a complete beginner and seriously unfit! :L

Woah you've had some amazing losses! Keep up the good work :) I'm thinking of doing the 30-day shred soon but was wondering what size weights you'd recommend using? I'm a complete beginner and seriously unfit! :L

Hi foofighter , thanks very much! Not updated my stats this week but 2ln off losing 7 stones now... Soooo pleased with myself!

I can highly recommend the shred. I started it about a month into my diet and have done it 6 days a week pretty much everyday week since - apart from holidays and a few days off over Xmas. It is now part of my daily routine and I can't believe I can do it all when I think about how hard I found it initially.

I started out with 2 x 1.5kg weights but now use 2 x 2.5kg weights.. Got mine from Asda!

I've also recently started doing a weekly body pump class at a local gym and that's been good too. I'm so glad a started exercising early on as it's made a huge difference to my legs and bum ezpecially. That's where u carried a lot if weight and on orevious diets where I've not exercised it's been the most stubborn to shift.

Here's a pic if me walking the dogs Christmas Day 2012 and Christmas Day 2913 - a bit of a difference!

How are you getting in? What plan are you flowing? X

image-3751742828.jpg

image-4243996395.jpg

Wow sparkley you look amazing. How's things going? doing my first Zumba class this week, need to start somewhere. Might even give the shred another go.

Hi foofighter , thanks very much! Not updated my stats this week but 2ln off losing 7 stones now... Soooo pleased with myself!

I can highly recommend the shred. I started it about a month into my diet and have done it 6 days a week pretty much everyday week since - apart from holidays and a few days off over Xmas. It is now part of my daily routine and I can't believe I can do it all when I think about how hard I found it initially.

I started out with 2 x 1.5kg weights but now use 2 x 2.5kg weights.. Got mine from Asda!

I've also recently started doing a weekly body pump class at a local gym and that's been good too. I'm so glad a started exercising early on as it's made a huge difference to my legs and bum ezpecially. That's where u carried a lot if weight and on orevious diets where I've not exercised it's been the most stubborn to shift.

Here's a pic if me walking the dogs Christmas Day 2012 and Christmas Day 2913 - a bit of a difference!

How are you getting in? What plan are you flowing? X

View attachment 123786

View attachment 123787

7 STONE :eek: that is absolutely amazing!!! Well done to you! :) And so you should be pleased with yourself, you're incredible! Well if you recommend the shred I shall definitely be giving it a go! Is it hard to start with do you think?

Gosh I can't believe how much exercise you do now...I'm totally not an exercise person but I'm like you (I carry a lot of my weight on my thighs) so if you think this will help I'm all for it! What's the body pump like? It sounds incredibly hard!

Woah the difference in you in those two pics!!! I bet when you see the difference just a year has done it gives you so much will to carry on! You're an inspiration :)

I've not been on the diet long (nearly 2 weeks) but I've lost 7.5lbs already so I'm happy. I've been walking my dogs a lot though so I think that's helped. I tried to go running once but failed miserably and doubt I will ever run again :p I'm on slimming world, what about you? What ever diet has got you to lose 7 stone must be a good one :)

Thank you for all your wonderful information, I can't believe how kind everyone on here is :) have a lovely day! Catie xxx

Wow sparkley you look amazing. How's things going? doing my first Zumba class this week, need to start somewhere. Might even give the shred another go.

Hello stranger, how are you?!

You go girl... Zumba is supposed to be so good for cardio and toning. 2014 not been fab so far on the weight loss front - not because if lack of motivation, just lots of 'occasions' that have involved eating out... my OHs birthday, a holiday with friends, my birthday then my step daughters 17th birthday. Been good in between but hard to stick to a shake when you eat out or on holiday and going out for meals with friends. So weight loss has been slow - but still a stone down on post Christmas weight so all in the right direction.

Where's your head at at the moment with the diet? Found it very hard getting back into ketosis after my birthday - harder than first time round - but stuck with it and back in the ketosis zone now!

Hope you are ok? X

Hi Sparkley. Those pictures are amazing. They look like 2 different people! Fab!

Hi Catie

Thanks so much! I'm doing Exante meal replacement diet. It's quite hardcore but once you get through the first few days it is ok -
Especially when you have your first weigh in and get a good loss - that spurs you on! You have done really well in two weeks. I tried slimming world a few years ago but struggled with portion control! This diet takes all that away.

I can't quite believe that amount of exercise I'm doing now either! Totally unfit before but feeling so much better. Just back from a dog walk now and climbed a massive steep hill. It was hard work but I had so much more power in my legs and was able to breath and it was enjoyable! Walks used to just be a frustration because I was so unfit.

How much do you want to lose Catie? I started my diet in 1 July 2013 so only 7 months in and still want to lose about another 3 stones. Hoping to have lost that by end of June as off in holiday then.

Stick with it... It is soooo worth it! Bought a pair of size 16 jeans this week which felt great as I still have a pair of size 26 jeans that I've kept as a reminder!

I still have fat fingers so excuse my spelling mistakes as sending from my phone!!

X

Back