30 Day shred

Your body was probably thankful for a rest day!

I've just done my workout pre-porridge... Level 1 Day 5 Done :)

I confess I'm rubbish!

I'm nursing a hangover from hell so I'm back on it tomorrow ready to give it 100%

You're not rubbish at all, Lucy. It does your body good to give it a rest day.

Level 1, Day 6 done this morning.

Well done Lucy!

I did Level 1, day 7 this morning. Have you noticed any changes yet?

Well considering I weigh the most I've done in weeks I'm not struggling in my trousers and I should be! I'm at target so I find the odd pound really shows but not so much at the mo so maybe it is starting!?

I took measurements before and will take them again at the end.

Your doing great though!

It sounds like it. I had a slow loss last week and when I had a sneaky peak at the scales I haven't lost anything yet this week. However, a jumpsuit I bought last week has gone big on me.

I can't wait to check my measurements at the end.

Thanks, you too! I'm starting to get bored of level 1 now, level 2 is only a few workouts away wahoo!

I'm strangely looking forward to finishing Level 1 and having more work to do but i will certainly see how I feel first. If Level 2 is too much for me I will do Level 1 for a few more days I think. Having 4 days off really made it hard work last night!
I could literally feel all the naughty food ooozing out of my pores, yuck!

Hmmm, just had my Race for Life 6 week reminder and i'm wondering now how I could do both running and shred!?!

HI all, I hope you don't mind me joining? I am starting 30 day shred on Friday, I have done it before and I had great results. Looking forward to getting going and hearing all your progress :)

What is the 30 day shred? I need to start doing some exercise and this sounds intriguing :)

HI all, I hope you don't mind me joining? I am starting 30 day shred on Friday, I have done it before and I had great results. Looking forward to getting going and hearing all your progress :)

Yey! The more the merrier! In fact the more to keep me going!

I need serious motivation at weekends :/

What is the 30 day shred? I need to start doing some exercise and this sounds intriguing :)

It's a 3 level workout DVD that's been around for a good few years now!
You do 10 days on level 1, 10 on 2, and 10 on 3,
Some say you should do it in 30 days with no rest but personally I've read having rest days is good for you and ultimately it's to you.

I love it as it's only a 20 min workout combining strength abs and cardio, yes it's hard but to get results in a 20 min workout means she really pushes you.

Best bit is she has 2 girls to follow and after 3 days I was already following the harder girl .

Be great if you get it and join us!

Ah, that sounds really good I'll have to try and get hold of it.
a while back I tried insanity but with it being like 45 minutes I sometimes struggled to fit it into my day and so ended up slowly giving up because I didn't have time for it, a 20 minute work out sounds much better.
thanks - I'll let you know when I get it :) x

Yay, another shredder!

The results are brilliant aren't they? Keep us all posted with how you are getting on :) Good luck x

Hmmm, just had my Race for Life 6 week reminder and i'm wondering now how I could do both running and shred!?!

Oh gosh, how much running are you doing for your Race for Life training? Are you doing a 5k or 10k?

The shred might be beneficial as you are building and strengthening your muscle. I cheated on Josie with Nell McAndrew's Ultimate challenge on Monday (7th day of the shred) and found it easier than I have ever done before. I was dubious about the shred being quite low on CV and more strength focused but I have seen benefits to both.

Maybe you could alternate running and the shred? I'm no expert with running to be honest, although it is something I would love to build up to!

I forgot to post yesterday... ooops!

As the exercises have been easier to complete now I'm nearing the end of the level, I have upped my weights from 1kg to 1.5kg and have used 2.5kg for the chest fly exercises. Level 1 Day 8 completed yesterday.

Day 9 completed this morning :)

Happy shredding!

Back