30 Day shred

Oh dear, recovery or just be plain lazy? I was cleaning the bathroom and hubby brought me up an ice cold glass of sauvingnon blanc and without even thinking about it I drank it and about an hour later thought about shred - Ooops!

Oh well, I'm ready for it today, I hope the day recover helped my ab, we will see later!
How is the pain today? The rest and the wine will have helped hehe. Went for lunch with my daughter on Saturday and I had a salad but I wasn't feeling great and then yesterday I started throwing up ahhhhh I have a bug! So no shred yesterday or today that has really annoyed me, I think I will just restart from day one tomorrow, I really want to do this its a slight setback but hey ho. So tomorrows update will be day one part two haha.

Is it too late for me to join the shred challenge? I'm new to minimins but am starting the shred today. In 30 days I'd like to be half a stone lighter and nicely toned! x

Hi Cakepop!

Welcome to Minimins and the 30 Day Shred thread- you're never to late to join in. Just keep posting where you are up to and how you are finding it :)
How did your first day go?

How is the pain today? The rest and the wine will have helped hehe. Went for lunch with my daughter on Saturday and I had a salad but I wasn't feeling great and then yesterday I started throwing up ahhhhh I have a bug! So no shred yesterday or today that has really annoyed me, I think I will just restart from day one tomorrow, I really want to do this its a slight setback but hey ho. So tomorrows update will be day one part two haha.

Oh no! I hope you are feeling much better?
Think of your first few goes as a trial run before you go at it again :D

Level 2 Day 3 done although my pain came back so I dropped the weights and did my best on that move.

Managed the rest but have to say my right ankle is now hurting - I knew exercise wasn't good for me ;)

Oh no, I hope that you're feeling a bit better today and that a recovery day has helped.

I agree with you on that.. Day 14, Level 2 (4th day of Level 2 today) and my arm buckled during the ab workout at the end of the 3rd session :giggles: It's safe to say that what I missed out on in finishing I made up for with laughter - just grateful I turned as I went to avoid literally face planting the floor.

The things we do to get shredded hey?

Do you find that your shoulders ache more on a particular level? How heavy are the weights that you use? x

I use 1kg hand weights. I never make it past level 1 - pathetic I know. I do try and exercise regularly but I think because I don't push myself, I don't progress in fitness or stamina. I probably need to join a fitness class for a while to build up strength.

Oh, and have just realised our start dates, start weight and goal weights are VERY similar. We will have to swap tips :)

It's not pathetic at all - the push ups are hard. When I started I really struggled. Maybe you could do a push up modification... I'm no expert but I would say try doing push ups against a wall to build form. Then try doing your push ups by placing your hands on a step and then build up to push ups on your knees. That way you are building up your strength by gradually increasing the intensity in which you are working your upper body and core in each set of reps. Just an idea. If 1kg weights are too heavy at the mo, you could try 0.5kg or even tins of beans to get started and complete the level. There's nothing wrong with pausing for a few reps and then going back in - just aim to do a little better each day :D

Oh they are aren't they! Do you have a diary on here? I technically started in April but I found out on Thursday that my scales were broke... gutting! I didn't want to write off 6 weeks, but decided it would be best if I started again from the top to monitor my weight more accurately. Are you at a SW group or just doing it from home? We will definitely have to swap tips :D x

oooops! Sorry for the essay - I got a little carried away there!

It's not pathetic at all - the push ups are hard. When I started I really struggled. Maybe you could do a push up modification... I'm no expert but I would say try doing push ups against a wall to build form. Then try doing your push ups by placing your hands on a step and then build up to push ups on your knees. That way you are building up your strength by gradually increasing the intensity in which you are working your upper body and core in each set of reps. Just an idea. If 1kg weights are too heavy at the mo, you could try 0.5kg or even tins of beans to get started and complete the level. There's nothing wrong with pausing for a few reps and then going back in - just aim to do a little better each day :D

Oh they are aren't they! Do you have a diary on here? I technically started in April but I found out on Thursday that my scales were broke... gutting! I didn't want to write off 6 weeks, but decided it would be best if I started again from the top to monitor my weight more accurately. Are you at a SW group or just doing it from home? We will definitely have to swap tips :D x

I love essays to read, haha :).
I will try some of those tips for the push-ups - I WILL get strong!!

I'm doing Slimming World online at the moment, wanted to join a group but I'm a student and am constantly between home and living away - it's just easier to do it online for now! I haven't got a diary on here - how do I do that?

I love essays to read, haha :). I will try some of those tips for the push-ups - I WILL get strong!! I'm doing Slimming World online at the moment, wanted to join a group but I'm a student and am constantly between home and living away - it's just easier to do it online for now! I haven't got a diary on here - how do I do that?

I hope they are useful, let us all know how you get on. It sounds like the online plan is ideal for you- plus you can use minimins for support. I found that joining a thread for the day I WI was useful. (I'm a Friday weigher)

You can start a new thread on the food diaries section and people can follow your progress. It might be helpful if you don't have a consultant to check your food diary to get input.

Let us know if you decide to Shred it! Good luck x

Is it too late for me to join the shred challenge? I'm new to minimins but am starting the shred today. In 30 days I'd like to be half a stone lighter and nicely toned! x

Welcome!!!!
Look forward to hearing how you are getting on!

Pains still there so I had another day off yesterday, hubby took us to the beach and it was a lush family day, burnt my back though :(

Oh no a bug you think? How are you by now?

I don't think starting is wrong at all! Go for it

I use 1kg hand weights. I never make it past level 1 - pathetic I know. I do try and exercise regularly but I think because I don't push myself, I don't progress in fitness or stamina. I probably need to join a fitness class for a while to build up strength.

Not pathetic at all, shred is hard! ;)

Days 1 and 2 completed. woo hoo! And my toddler is enjoying joining in so hopefully she will start sleeping better :) Has anybody got any tips for doing sit ups? I'm definitely doing something wrong because my neck really aches. x

Sit ups and neck pain...Hmmm perhaps your using your neck (which your not meant to), its all about the abs really. I find if I put my hands behing my ears I can sometimes get lazy and use them to push my neck forward so now im only touching my ears with my hands, that way its all abs. Another thing to watch is that your lookinf to the ceiling and trying to get your chin forward, perhaps you tube might help for technique?

Level 2 Day 5 Done.

Have to say I have finally seen a difference in my body, well in my arms actually! I haven't lost any inches, i've gained! And some of my tops are getting a bit tight around the arm, oh no!!!! I don't want big guns ;)

Have the DVD and the weights but not the motivation to do it I really want to but I'm scared I have arthritis in my knees and I'm worried it will kill them :/ do they hurt your knees?

You do knee circles at the start. Don't know whether that would be enough for you though. Maybe you could substitute with other exercises whenever she does something which might hurt? I imagine the lunges would be pretty sore for you x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back