30 Day shred

Have the DVD and the weights but not the motivation to do it I really want to but I'm scared I have arthritis in my knees and I'm worried it will kill them :/ do they hurt your knees?

It's no where near the same but I suffer with hyper mobility, particularly of the knees so they get overused very easily (I used to run but had to stop through knee pain) I'll be honest, there are lots of squats etc which do make my knees ache but you can build up slowly following the lower ability girl. Have a go, at least if it's too much on the knees you can say you've tried. X

Hey all, just popping on to update day one done yesterday (again) and day two. done this morning. I am off to work now hopefully I can pop on later . Hope everyone is well :)

Just dropping in to update...

Officially over half way now :) Day 16, Level 2 (Level 2- day 6) DONE!

I've noticed a huge difference in my lower body- I feel like I'm bulking up :( I've stopped my other workouts this week as I hurt my calf last week. However, after a STS last week my weight loss has completely stopped which I gutting as I have quite a bit to lose. Just hope I start dropping again soon.

Happy shredding x

Well done Evolet! Wish I was half way. Maybe you could just make sure that any other exercise you do is pure cardio? I don't know how you have the stamina to do the shred and other work outs. You must be super woman!

Hope we don't all end up looking like pop eye at the end of our 30 days :p

X
Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Can't shake this cold so I've decided to have (another) day off, plus I've got hubby's birthday tea to prepare so I will updat tomorrow hopefully!

Day 3 done and it felt like pure torture! I'm hoping it's going to start feeling easier soon x

Well done Evolet! Wish I was half way. Maybe you could just make sure that any other exercise you do is pure cardio? I don't know how you have the stamina to do the shred and other work outs. You must be super woman!

Hope we don't all end up looking like pop eye at the end of our 30 days :p

X

Thank you! I get the Shred out of the way early doors and then try to do a DVD/go out for a walk every other evening too. I think that's a good idea of doing pure cardio in the evening. I might drop the toning sections off my Nell DVDs and see how that goes.

Oh I know, if it wasn't for my clothes feeling looser I would have given up with the way the numbers of the scale are going. I've got 3 stone PLUS to lose! I would sacrifice half a stone to look leaner than be lighter and wobbly but I still have over 3 stone to go. Do you think that if you stick with it for the 30 days that you will wake up the next morning about 10lbs lighter as a reward for sticking with Jillian for the full 30? :worthy:

Well done on doing Day 3, I tend to find days 3 and 4 the most difficult. Have you noticed any differences in your endurance yet? x

Can't shake this cold so I've decided to have (another) day off, plus I've got hubby's birthday tea to prepare so I will updat tomorrow hopefully!

Oh no! It's probably best that you rest, it would only be counter productive if you are feeling unwell. I hope your cold didn't spoil any birthday celebrations. Feel better soon x

Day 17, Level 2...DONE!

3 more to go and then it's level 3. Wahooo!

Definitely think my stamina is improving Evolet (thank God). Well done on day 17! x

Day 17, Level 2...DONE! 3 more to go and then it's level 3. Wahooo![/QUOTE

Wahoo indeed!

Strange day for me, spent my evening deep cleaning my washing machine and then looking for hubby's wallet (which we never found)

Needless to say no shred again tut tut!

Pains still there so I had another day off yesterday, hubby took us to the beach and it was a lush family day, burnt my back though :(

Oh no a bug you think? How are you by now?

I don't think starting is wrong at all! Go for it

Hey I am OK now, done day three today, Work has been hectic so I am soooo looking forward to the weekend.

Hi KMD,

I found that in the first 2 WIs when I was doing the Shred my weight loss slowed and then I had a STS. However, my scales were broken so I restarted my SW plan and stats (hence the low stats on the left.) However, this week I lost 3lb which is the biggest weekly loss I have had minus the first week. I have noticed a change in my shape and some clothes feel looser.

Sorry if that's not much help. xx

Hi KMD,

I found that in the first 2 WIs when I was doing the Shred my weight loss slowed and then I had a STS. However, my scales were broken so I restarted my SW plan and stats (hence the low stats on the left.) However, this week I lost 3lb which is the biggest weekly loss I have had minus the first week. I have noticed a change in my shape and some clothes feel looser.

Sorry if that's not much help. xx

No, that's brilliant!! :) Thanks for the advice! xx

Hi KMD,

I'm a naughty daily weigher and today i'm half a pound heavier than when I started doing the shred (I haven't stuck to it every day), at the beginning of the week I was 3lb heavier though!

Day 5 done :) Have started using actual weights instead of tins of beans and i'm definitely finding it more challenging. I did today's shred whilst my family merrily tucked into their McDonalds. How strong am I? :p (although i did have a tiny bite of hubby's burger as a pre work out snack)

Back