30 Day shred

Oh dear, I certainly have gone AWOL! Helping the in laws move today so that's my exercise taken care of ;)

HI all, I haven't been ale to update a couple of days, I have been so busy with work. I have still been shredding tho :) I started level two today and I can feel it now hehe. I hope everyone is well and Lucylu I hope your knee is on the mend.

Back to it tonight! Well actually i'm hoping to do it this afternoon, got to take time off to look after little one so hopefully he will let me have the tv!

Day 15 done. Half way there woo hoo! Although a bit gutted as I've lost my starting measurements and the scales are showing no difference :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hello - here to join in!

Sounds like you're doing well, days 5,15 & 24 I think I read....24!! It gives me faith ;)

I started today but I'm not sure I pushed myself hard enough!! It was hard at first but by circuit 2 I'd eased myself in more. I guess it gets harder day after day!!

Which leads me to my questions...I'm just using YouTube, so there's no guide as to how to follow the plan. Do you do it EVERY day for 30 days or can I take Sundays off???!!!! Also, when do I move up levels, is it after a set amount of time or once I can keep up with the girl doing the advanced exercises??

Thank you, Hannah :D

Ok so I take it back, just got out of bed & boy can I feel it!!! Abs, back & arms are a little sore & my calves are really stiff after all the jumping....not looking forward to doing it again tonight!!!

Good luck! Can you let me know if you're supposed to do it everyday as I'm being cheap & using YouTube!! I'm not sure I can do it everyday for 30 days!!!

If your anything like me I would do extra calf stretches as mine are so tight. I've recently been cycling, swimming & running (did a triathlon!) so haven't done any jump type movements for a while & I think that's the reason!!

My feelings so far, or rather my body's.. Day 1 almost easy thought I hadn't worked very hard. Day 2 really really hard as my muscles were screaming from day 1 - I obviously did work that hard! Day 3 every time I stood up my cars felt really stiff but after a bit of movement better, plus the workout was a teeny bit easier than day 2!!! Day 4 today & my calves are still sore, along with my back, but anything gives me back pain so that's normal!! Haven't done the workout yet, will at about 11am. :D

Ok so confession time.... I haven't done shred since monday but I do have a good excuse....

I went to my first physio session on tues and she was so amazing. She could straight away see what was wrong and which muscles were weak and causing me pain in my knees. I told her I wasn't currently running due to it but I was doing the dvd....She told me to do the physio exercises for a few days and then re-start anything else, that way I can judge 100% how I feel after exercising and not maybe because I exercised 3 days ago.

That said, i'm going to take her advise so I started the physio on tues and have done my 'vmo' exercises as she has requested.

I do want to re-start shred asap but I also want to try a little run as my race is coming up so my plan so far is....physio exercises until I can fce arun and then shred in between.

Once my race is over (End June) I really want to keep with this....I was thinking work up to Level 3 and do it a few times w week until i'm sick of it and move onto Ripped in 30!

I just want my knees to feel better first :)

Oh yeah you definitely need to look after your knees & with the amount if jumping/bouncing in shred I'd be very careful. I know she says there's no modification, but I'd consider not jumping, can't see it helping a knee problem. Hope the physio & exercises work & you get to do your run :)

Thanks both!

I've been doing my exercises, watching you tube to check I'm doing it right and generally just chilling out about the whole thing.

I need my knees (like everyone of corse) but lately I've been in a bubble thinking I just have to live with knee pain so I'm really looking forward to trying this advise and see if it helps.

Looking forward to doing shred again though, might go back to level 1 for a refresher though, I'm no where near bored of it so it sounds like a good idea to me, just want to get this run over with now though!

Hello all. Lucy I hope your knees improve very soon. Hello to the new starters! I'm onto day 20 and tried level 3 for the first time. It was brutal! I honestly couldn't do a lot of it.

Bit disappointed that I don't even look close to having a 6 pack. Could be because I haven't been terribly strict diet wise.

I really hope level 3 gets easier quick because i'm not looking forward to doing the shred tomorrow. I'm doing it every day (can't remember who was asking) but will have to have next Friday off because we're staying with friends.

Happy shredding everybody!

Thanks both! I've been doing my exercises, watching you tube to check I'm doing it right and generally just chilling out about the whole thing. I need my knees (like everyone of corse) but lately I've been in a bubble thinking I just have to live with knee pain so I'm really looking forward to trying this advise and see if it helps. Looking forward to doing shred again though, might go back to level 1 for a refresher though, I'm no where near bored of it so it sounds like a good idea to me, just want to get this run over with now though!

You defo shouldn't have to live with knee pain, glad it's getting sorted for you!

Hello all. Lucy I hope your knees improve very soon. Hello to the new starters! I'm onto day 20 and tried level 3 for the first time. It was brutal! I honestly couldn't do a lot of it. Bit disappointed that I don't even look close to having a 6 pack. Could be because I haven't been terribly strict diet wise. I really hope level 3 gets easier quick because i'm not looking forward to doing the shred tomorrow. I'm doing it every day (can't remember who was asking) but will have to have next Friday off because we're staying with friends. Happy shredding everybody! Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

How are you getting on with level 3?? I'm going to start level 2 on Wednesday as it'll be after work, don't fancy trying it tomorrow before work!! I've failed on the every day front, was going to do it yesterday but we went out & time got away from me. Plus I'm away this weekend & my in-laws are visiting soon so I'll be taking 'forced' rest days!! It's definitely easier though even before my day off yesterday, not sure I'll be saying that after upping the level though ;)

I don't think I'll be attaining a 6 pack anytime soon, or losing weight for that matter, having a food issue at the moment!! However I would like a little inch loss....

Happy Shredding :D

I'm onto day 24. I skipped a day this week after eating a mahoosive carvery tea (complete with lemon cheesecake ice cream Sunday :-( ) It was so much harder after missing a day.

I've still got very wobbly thighs and can't see them skinnying on down in 6 days. Looks like I might have to prolong the torture after the 30 days x

24 days is great, even if the thighs are still wobbling! Mine will wobble for always even with 130 day shred! I wouldn't do it back to back though!!

I've only done 10 days in 13 which isn't great but there's NO reason for me not to do it for the next 12 days on the trot yet :D

Good luck, 6 days to go!!

Back