40 day challenge!

Awwh, thanks Hol. It really does work!

FW - you're doing amazing with all that going on too! Far better than I could do I think. Guess it gives you something to think about...but no, I just don't think I could handle it. Well done :)

x

Just got to put this in my diary...........today is the day I got back into my favourite size 12 jeans!!!! I tried them just to see how far off I was - and they fit!! I can't wear them with a skimpy t-shirt as yet, but could with a blouse or jumper. So happy :) Wish I'd started this diet before. It's been less than 5 weeks and I feel so much better in myself and so much more positive.

Whether you've got 2 stone or 12 stone to lose, you must keep positive and think how good you'll feel when you start dropping sizes - which WILL happen.

Absolutely NOTHING that I could have eaten in the last 5 weeks would have tasted anywhere near as nice as I feel right now. I know it can be hard, but if you're reading this and considering starting the diet - do it! If you're reading this as you're on the diet and feeling fed up/tempted - stick with it, in a few weeks you'll be so glad you did.

Another stone or so to go til I'm back in my small black skirt that I haven't worn for about 3 years. I will get there - and I will feel fantastic when I do. So can you xxx

Brilliant Midge!! You must be over the moon. Just goes to show it's not the numbers on the scales that count it's what your body is actually doing. Bet it won't be long till you are modelling the little black skirt. Well done. XX

Well done Midge on getting into your fav jeans!!! Like FW said it wont be long before you r feeling chick in ur little black shirt :) You are doing very well !! Even I keep wishing I had started exante before !! xx

Just a quick one - another lb off!! that's 1 stone and 4lb in less than 5 weeks! Official WI is in 3 days time but it's 2.5lbs so far this week!

Happy days.

x

Just checked am I'm no longer obese, just overweight! :D

That'll soon go! Just reading back over my diary, can't believe it's been nearly 5 weeks already. If I hadn't started I still be obese :)

Jut catching up on everyone's diary-well done on your loss this week! You've got me thinking about smoothies, think I'm going to have one with my last pack (might need a hot drink afterwards though otherwise I'll go to bed feeling like a polar bear lol!!) :)

I do love the smoothies lol! And thinking ahead, I think I'll carry on having one for breakfast each day with maybe a banana or strawberries blended with it...mmmm!

Well, went to a party last night and only ate a little taster of 'something' (still not sure what lol). Left all the carby stuff alone. Today we went out for lunch and I had half a roast chicken (no skin) and a plate of salad. I'll just have the one shake today to be sure I'm under (maybe half a hot chocolate one near bed time actually). I'm happy with eating a sensible meal at the weekend and TS through the week. Next weekend is different as it's my birthday and I'd like to join in with OH and have a few drinks so I'm going to have some carbs on the Friday (a jacket pot) and a meal Saturday lunchtime then I can have a couple of vodkas on Saturday night. I'm not worried about falling off the wagon as I'm totally focused on loosing the rest of the weight now I'm nearly there so will be back on it on the Sunday or Monday (we've got a long weekend off so might be eating on the Sunday too).

I got another new pair of shoes yesterday from OH (he gave me most of my birthday presents early as he's such a big kid and gets too excited!!). It's so nice to have sexy shoes that fit. Your feet definitely lose weight when you lose weight!

Right, back to loading music to my IPod shuffle for my walk in the morning :)

x

Yay! Happy bunny today, 4lb off this week (was only 2.5 up til last night). I've been weighing myself morning and evening - not because I'm obsessed, though maybe I am, but because I've been trying to work out when/why the weight goes and my conclusion is there is simply no reasons behind it! For 2 days I've been exactly the same weight morning and evening (down to the same 1/4lb)!! Doesn't make any sense..

But anyway, I'm very happy with this weeks loss. I'm TS during the week and then I have healthy meals at the weekend in place of a shake. My 40 days are nearly up and I've got 2lb left to get to 1.5 stones which is what I'd hoped for. Fingers crossed! After my challenge ends on Saturday (my birthday), I'll be carrying on the same. I want to lose another stone in time for our holiday in September.

I haven't exercised for days so will get on to that to help these last 2lbs....

Hope everyone has a fab day. I will have a catch up of diaries soon!

x

Last edited:
Woke up feeling bluergh today, bit hungry, thirsty and bit of a headache. Thinking back to yesterday I know why - I had about 6/7 cups of coffee compared to normal 2/3 and not a lot of water (compared to usual 2 litres). So back to water today and less coffee! I've already had my shake this morning and a bit of chicken which is really unusual as I have my shake about half eleven usually, not half nine like today. Maybe it's going to be a hungry day. That's fine as I'll take some more chicken with me if necessary.

Apart from that, not a lot else to report. Tried on a couple of summer dresses today which fit ok but will look fab for our holiday in September if I carry on. I've got 10lb to lose to be where I was before (and felt great), but I think I'll go down a stone and then reconsider.

Hope everyone's having a good day and good WI's

x

Wow, think this must be day 39, last day of my challenge tomorrow then birthday on Saturday! Have lost 1stone 5lbs so far. Don't think I'll make the 1 1/2 stones that I wanted but I'll try to get that by Tuesday which is my WI day. Tomorrow I'll be getting myself out of ketosis ready for a drink on Saturday night. I'm bit of a lightweight with alcohol anyway so don't want to take any chances. So tomorrow I'll have a small jacket potato and then the same again on Saturday before we go out. I guess that'll get me ready for a few vodkas??

I'm so so glad I took a chance and tried this diet, I really wasn't sure I could do it but now I've no doubts that I'll carry on until my goal weight in time for my holiday on 8th September.

Here's to another good day!

x

Well done on the loss this week Midge and getting to your 40 days! Hope you have a great birthday tomorrow and savour every last sip of the vodkas. You still sound very focused so I'm sure you'll be straight back on it for 'stage 2'. Good luck. XX

Well, had an absolutely fantastic birthday weekend! So much fun, alcohol and laughing. Unfortunately it will have come at a cost on the scales on Tuesday no doubt, but I'm back on TS tomorrow and have 46 days to my holiday, so that's the new challenge - 1 stone off in 46 days (well, plus whatever I've put on this weekend).

It's true that once you start on the carbs it's so easy to carry on.....bad, bad carbs lol! But it has been worth it and only for a couple of days - with a very good reason/excuse. I feel so bloated now though, which is horrible and will definitely help get me back on it tomorrow. Looking forward to some normality again :)

x

Yuk! Feelling so bloated and uncomfortable today. Felt so much better when I was on the diet so can't wait to get rid of the rubbishy food inside me and just have the shakes left! Had a chicken salad today and one shake as me and OH were both off work. All back to normal tomorrow, 3 shakes and lots of water.

45 days til holiday....1 stone plus any gain this week to go.

WI in the morning - dreading it

x

Damn, damn, damn! Put on 3lbs during my 3 days off plan. Could have been worse I guess and I'm back on it 100% now. And thinking back, it was worth it. Had such a funny time and ate out a few times.

So...off we go again! 1stone and 3lbs to get off!

I can do this :D

Hi Midge! Good luck on your new challange! you've done great this far! Im just starting again this week so hopefully I will have a nice weightloss to report too! :D you'll reach your new target in no time! xxx

Back